“Wonderful Trip!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Yountville B&B and Inns
Mentone
“Wonderful Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Maison Fleurie in Yountville for a long weekend at the end of July and we loved the property. Yountville is a small town but we found that the property was in a great location. It's very close to the Silverado Trail, which was nice. The inn is very charming. Our room was smaller but it had everything we needed and was very clean. The use of the bikes on the property and the hot tub and swimming pool were perfect for us! It made for a very relaxing trip. The best part was the impressive breakfast every morning and the complimentary wine and cheese in the afternoon! I can't say enough nice things about the inn. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay there and would absolutely stay there again myself.

1 Thank Amanda G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Maison Fleurie is a wonderful spot. French country style, beautiful grounds, relaxing and in the center of things in Yountville. Stayed in the Bakers Building in a huge room with a front and back patio. I cannot recommend this place highly enough! Breakfast, wine reception both included. Bikes for guests' use available. Quiet as a crypt at night. Excellent service. A favorite. Run, don't walk people!

Room Tip: The Baker Building has very large rooms with huge bathrooms. Number 8 was fabulous!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jojomin
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at Maison Fleurie for one night as I had dinner reservations at the French Laundry. The glitch was that I was arriving after 8 PM. I called ahead and was told a key would be left in a lock box. I arrived, found and opened the lock box but no key was inside and indeed the building was locked. I called the after hours answering service and someone let me in and gave me my key after about 25 minutes of my arrival. However, once situated I found my room well appointed and comfortable. My only other complaint, a relatively minor one but one which may show some lack of attention to detail, was that my toilet seat would not stay up. The breakfast area has a table for about 8 people, some couches with a coffee table and some small tables for 2. The breakfast was buffet style and had the usual cereals, breads, some fruit, hard boiled eggs, a frittata like dish that was quite good, fruit juices and coffee or tea. It is conveniently located to the essentially all of the small village of Yountville with its, restaurants and some nice shops.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard M
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at Maison Fleurie in June and had a very enjoyable stay. It's a charming french inspired bed and breakfast in the heart of downtown, so it's about a 5 min walk to everything. They seemed to have enough parking to accommodate their guests in their dirt parking lot, but there is street parking as well. When you walk in there is a seating area to your left and their dining area is to your right with the main desk straight ahead. The dining room had plenty of seating with a communal table, coffee table with couches and three cocktail sized tables with two chairs each. The breakfast was good as was the evening reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres. There is a main building and two others. We were in the main building and stayed in a petite queen room. There looked to be 4 of them on the second level. The room was small as the description says, but it was perfectly adequate for our needs and was nicely decorated. The sink is in the room as noted and is right by the front door. The bathroom was tight with a very small shower and toilet. My only complaint is that you can hear everything in the surrounding rooms, so try not to be too loud. That alone might sway me to stay in a different room next time. On the second level was also a rooftop deck with a couple tables and plenty of outdoor lounge seating. We enjoyed sitting here and relaxing. There is also an out door hot tub, which was plenty big and nice to use in the evening. We also swam in their swimming pool one afternoon and were the only ones there. A lot of it is shaded with trees. The two other buildings have rooms that face the pool with one of the buildings looking to contain only one room. I believe it was the Carriage House Building, so if you're looking for the most privacy, that would be the room to get.

Overall, I would recommend this inn to anyone who is looking for a great location with nice accommodations and who doesn't want to spend $400+ that you would likely pay at most of the other inns in Yountville.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David A
Crystal Lake IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Been wanting to get here for a long time. You'll love the old vintage atmosphere. We love the appeal of these classic buildings and their history. Nice stay. Staff very friendly and helpful. Free wireless. Pool and Hot Tub relaxing. Property is located right in the middle of everything. All walking distance. We had one of the four Queen Petite Rooms and non of those four have a television. Not a real deal breaker for the next time. We would just get one of the other nine rooms. Ours was a nice room. Modern bath. Brick and stone interior walls. Talked to the girl and she said there was no way to get the wiring to those rooms. Had the Kindle so we watched that for a couple hours at night. Breakfast was very nice every morning. Buffet style. Tee time was from 5pm - 6:30pm where they had free wine, cheeses, breads and fruit. Nice stay.

1 Thank Trav_LN_now
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We loved the location - walkable to so many shops and restaurants. The evening wine reception was a fun time to get to know the other guests, and breakfast was very nice.
In a little town where most everything is over $300 a night, this is a great choice for a very charming budget inn. Next time I would go for a bigger room - they don't call them petite for no reason - they are really, really small, but we anticipated that would be the case, so it wasn't a problem.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room!!
1 Thank travelsouthatlanta
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was traveling with my sister and we chose the smallest room on the property. We were in Yountville for the food and proximity to vineyards. Our room, albeit small, was lovely. We found our air conditioner worked great and the size of the room was fine since we were only sleeping in the room. We enjoyed the lovely breakfast before we set out on a day of tastings.

We did not use the pool or hot tub. Cleanliness in the main area could be better. There seemed to be some dingy pieces of furniture.

• Stayed June 2014