This hotel had everything we were looking for including location, amenities and service. Check in was prompt and courteous. Staff was professional, but friendly and personable.
Our room was located in rear of hotel overlooking the vineyard. This was optimal for us and we enjoyed the view and private balcony. Room was modern and clean. We had fireplace, big screen HD-TV, uncomplicated remote without special advance functions..I hate those that you need to go through a variety of sequences before getting your program of choice.
Bathroom with separate vanity, glass shower, closet in bath..nice touch and tastefully decorated. Free complimentary wine upon arrival and bottles of water.
Parking was simple, convenient and near our room location. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Above all, we were able to sleep quite comfortably although I was not a fan of the padded mattress. I prefer a firmer foundation, whearas, my wife absolutely loved it and just melted into the bed. In fact se slept soundly and would not have made the breakfast time had I not insisted we partake.
Breakfast for me was just ok. I appreciate that it was included, but it was not overwhelming in selection of breakfast items. I would have liked more variety. Location was excellent, short walk to restaurants, bakery and shopping.
We took advantage of the free bike loan and rode around Yountville and a little on the outskirts where we passed vineyards and open spaces.
Other hotel perks that we did not take advantage of were the pool, hot tub and onsite fitness room. The pool looked inviting, but we weren't in the mood. The fitness room seemed small.
Above all, it was quiet during our stay. We had just some brief noise during the late afternoon with overly oud talking in the neighboring room, but that was about it. We could hear a little traffic noise from Highway 29, but not enough to make a difference for us. If you are a light sleeper or require dead silence, perhaps this may be an issue. The t. Maybe due to our room location. We had room #54.
Overall, this was a really nice experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Napa Valley, in the charming town of Yountville, the Napa Valley Lodge is just steps away from world-renowned restaurants, specialty shops, and award winning wine tasting rooms. The Lodge is located at the north end of town away from the hustle and bustle of Yountville, but within easy strolling distance. Our property is designed in the Tuscan villa style and adorned with lush landscaping and thoughtful details at every turn, from trickling fountains to our popular outdoor fire pit and pool area. The Lodge welcomes you with a friendly and experienced staff that is committed to making your stay as special as possible. The Napa Valley Lodge's 55 guestrooms are spacious, private, and graciously furnished. Our guestrooms feature private verandahs, many with courtyard, garden, or vineyard views, and fireplaces. A Champagne continental breakfast buffet is served complimentary every morning from 8:00am-10:00am.All rooms are non-smoking, have deluxe honor bars, complimentary wireless internet (WiFi) access, flat screen TVs, desks, and fresh brewed coffee. All guest bathrooms have been completely renovated with walk-in glass showers, granite vanity counters, and limestone floors. For your convenience, our guestrooms include irons, ironing boards, two plush micro fiber robes, hair dryers and a variety of complimentary personal amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Napa Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Hotel Yountville
- Napa Valley Yountville
- Napa Valley Lodge Yountville, CA