“Great restaurant in the heart of Napa Valley”

Bottega Napa Valley
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$31 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Los Altos, California
“Great restaurant in the heart of Napa Valley”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've been to Bottega thrice in the last couple of years. It has been a great meal, with great wine, in great "ambiance" every time. The food is good, beautiful, but not pretentious. The wine selection is good but the markup are reasonable. The staff ha always been pleasant and knowledgeable. If you are somewhere around Yountville, stop by and enjoy!

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Moline, Illinois
“What an Experience!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had friends from the city as we'll north Napa Valley have dinner with us and we all thoroughly enjoyed. We shared family style 3 appetizers, 3 pastas then each had an entree and the following were our favorites:

Appetizers:

Pesce Crudo market fresh raw selection from the sea. Changes Daily

"Green Eggs and Ham" caramelized prosciutto wrapped asparagus, crispy soft cooked egg, green garlic sauce and Cambazola cheese

Wood Grilled Octopus olive oil braised potatoes, pickled red onion and salsa verde

Pasta:

Pan Roasted Potato Gnocchi pumpkin fonduta, roasted root vegetables, "holiday" zabaglione, and grilled ricotta salata

Rigatoni al Coniglio tomato braised Sonoma rabbit sugo, caramelized mushrooms, housemade ricotta

Entrees:

Smoked & Braised Short Ribs polenta-speck polpette, espresso agro dolce glaze, smokey jus

Seafood Brodetto Gulf prawns, Savory clams, Monterey calamari, mussels, forno-confit tomato broth, paprika saffron rouille

Duck Three Ways roasted breast, confit leg, duck liver mousse, Sierra Beauty apple passata, spiced hazelnuts, and watercress

We all enjoyed and will remember this meal for years to come.

La Mesa, CA
“A 4.5. Very nice experience, creative menu, succulent fare”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had an excellent dining experience her over the thanksgiving weekend. Overall great food, fabulous sea bass, delicious grape, organic lettuce and hazelnut salad. A few minor issues...my short ribs were way too fatty and when I mentioned this to our waiter, he immediately fired another for me which was much less fatty and was extremely tender and delicious...the manager was gracious in offering to comp a dessert and the service was very good. The restaurant is popular though and a few of our ordered items took longer than they should have to come out...really minor issues because from the bus boy to the waiter to the floor manager, each seemed very invested in giving us. Fabulous dining experience and they succeeded in doing so. A definite recommend for a special occasion or for foodies who are looking doe a different twist on rustic Italian cuisine.

Miami Beach, Florida
“There's a reason this place is so popular”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

It's awesome! Plain and simple. We went for lunch and wanted to go back that night for dinner (no reservations left). We had the signature gnocchi dish, grilled octopus, a salad and the meatballs. I wish I could do it all over again. Service was great, friendly, efficient, wine was shockingly not uncharged as much as it probably could have been (and is at the other restaurants we ate at). We ate outside on the patio over looking a field. I think it's a must do while in Napa. Oh, and the spread for the bread!!! Missing it now...

“Worst food in Napa!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Yuk!!! Terrible food I have ever taste in Napa!!! It's so bad that I got this eating experience and can't hold my anger to write this review. Bad waitress (Never ask if the food is alright, she thought we are tourists and would never come back. Just dropped the bill there, say" Thank you" then go! But not even look at the customer.), bad food! Take 1 and 1/2 hour to prepare three simple dishes.

This restaurant is over rated. Beware!

Ordered:

Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad. Taste was ok, unimpressive presentation.

Pan Roasted Potato Gnocchi pumpkin fonduta, my first time to taste such ridiculous slimy textured Gnocchi. I don't use to waste food, however, I left my half dish there as I didn't want to throw up.

Mediterranean Seafood Brodetto, one shrimp was spoiled. 4 star restaurant? What a joke!

Not come here for free meal. I still paid the 15% tips even I got "ZERO" service from that waitress. I don't know how can it survive in Yountville. Don't waste your money and just go across the street for quality food like Lucy's and Redd.