“Fun, lively and delicious”

Bottega Napa Valley
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$31 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Michael Chiarello's restaurant. He's extremely thoughtful in his menu choices and provides a nice offering. His own family wines are on the menu, too, of course. I paired his Old Vine Petite Sirah with the smoked and braised short ribs. Wow!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,623)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

It was group dinner for 20 people so we had a pre-selected meal. The calamari was ridiculously good! I couldn't remember what else I had but that stood out for me.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Really enjoyed my dinner here with my husband and two friends. The food was really good from beginning to end. A salad starter that was lightly dressed and so fresh tasting, three great pasta dishes, a branzino that was quite good, a beef dish that was melt-in-your-mouth, and desserts that provided the perfect end to the meal.
Because we were not all drinking wine that night, my friend and I both ordered wine by the glass and were pleasantly surprised by the selection and the quality.
The restaurant is a bit loud but in a fun we're-all-having-a-good-time kind of buzz.
Oh, and the service was pretty good, too.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Coming from Chicago with many unique and delicious food options I was not impressed overall with the food quality. Bottega offered some unique and highly anticipated menu items. I have been to Michelin rated restaurants and was excited to hear about this restaurant by Michael Chiarello. I think I was mostly disappointed because of the local hype that was created for this place. I think the food was good but nothing spectacular. I was also turned off when our waiter scolded the water boy for talking to us about our visit. There are plenty of other places around, I would not recommend for dinner.

1  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've reviewed Bottega before and gave it a rave review. I've been back several times and am reconsidering. Bottega is a great restaurant by international standards - but NOT by Napa Valley standards. The food is just OK and the menu is static. And, if you are interested in dining "al fresco" the orange awnings are over the top - all of your food is bright orange. On my last visit (lunch) the service was mediocre and the waiter was disengaged in a big way. If Bottega was the only choice in Yountville I would definitely go back - but its not the only choice. Bistro Jeanty and Bouchon are way better and Redd is better. If you are lucky enough to have reservations at Ad Hoc or French Laundry - even better yet. Sorry Bottega, you are good but slipping in a very competitive space.

1  Thank Bennett_Traveler