“Fantastic”

Bottega Napa Valley
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Napa Valley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$31 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Marlboro, NJ
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were a group of 4 couples and sat in the wine room in the back. The service was top notch the whole evening and food was prepared to perfection. The wine list was excellent and nobody had a single complaint about the dinner. It's not cheap, keep that in mind. But you get what you pay for. If you're in Napa, lets face it, you're not looking for a cheap vacation anyway. Might as well enjoy the best.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
“Decent meal, lovely setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Perhaps it's simply that I don't think Italian is all that complicated, so it must be something that really blows me away to impress me when it comes to Italian, and Bottega just kind of missed the mark. I did enjoy my stone fruit salad. I thought it was unique and not something you see everyday. Following that, I followed the recommendation of several people we spoke to that day and had the ricotta gnocchi. I thought it was truly bland, and that sauce was altogether unimpressive. I was able to eat it once I doused the dish with crushed red pepper to add some taste to the soft pillow like gnocchi. I loved the ambiance, and the service was really well done.

Frisco, Texas, United States
“Really nice evening, but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went here with my parents to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. We liked it a lot, but I think it was mostly the wine and the company. The food was good, but some of the interesting foodie variations (which I usually love) seemed to be there primarily for novelty without really meaningfully enhancing the dish (for example, does the world need a mortadella meatball?). I liked my meal but not so much that I felt a burning desire to return. The brightest spot was the lovely sommelier, however, who recommended some beautiful and reasonably priced wines.

• Visited May 2014
Fremont, California
“Great California / Italian Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Bottega gets 4 stars due to the wealth of excellent restaurants in Yountville. I have always been a Michael Chiarello fan (the celebrity chef of this restaurant). His previous restaurant just up the road in St. Helena, Tra Vigna, was for a time my favorite restaurant in California. When he sold his insterest in Tra Vigna, it went down-hill and I have not been there since. So when I heard that MC opened up Bottega, I was excited to maybe recapture some of the old Tra Vigna magic. Bottega unfortunately doesn't deliver to my high expectations. I have eaten at Bottega several times, both lunches and dinners, and each time it is very good. Not excellent, but very good. There is always one or two dishes that rank in the excellent category, but others do not. I like the food, and would eat here more often if this restaurant was not located so close to other 'must-eat-at' restaurants.

• Visited May 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The chef has put so much thought into the menu. We tried the calamari which was wonderful. The lasagna was very good. The waiter was helpful with menu choices. Wine prices are very reasonable and the chef does not mark up the prices so this is the place to try a better wine. The wait time was not long but make reservations. The seating was comfortable but this is a high energy restaurant.