“First trip to the Napa Valley”

Villagio Inn and Spa
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Akron, Ohio
“First trip to the Napa Valley”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have always wanted to visit the Napa Valley and decided to make the trip with my daughter. We stayed the last week of March for four nights. One never knows what to expect when picking a hotel blindly, and depending only on the reviews of others. Villagio Inn and Spa had great reviews, and I feel like Tripadvisor has never steered me wrong, so I made the decision based on that. I am so glad that I did! I had made a special request of the hotel in advance of my arrival, and they never hesitated to help me. I was impressed before we arrived, and even more so during our stay.

The grounds are beautiful - immaculate and green. After a harsh Ohio winter, it was a sight for sore eyes. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Ours was on the ground floor, our patio next to the fountains which provided a calming sound at night. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, with champagne and mimosas flowing, and omelettes made to order. High tea in the afternoon provided a break from the wine tasting and a chance to regroup before dinner.

The location of the Inn couldn't be better, and I would absolutely stay here again. You can park the car and easily walk to all of the restaurants and shops that Yountville has to offer. It is the kind of town that makes you want to move there and stay forever. Because we were there so early in the year, the vineyards were bare, but still beautiful. The area was uncrowded and we were able to move about freely, not having to deal with traffic.

And then there is the spa-aaah. How perfect that guests can use the spa amenities at any time during their stay. We loved to visit each night and relax in the hot tub and unwind after a long day of wine tasting. On Wednesday, we both had massages, and I can truly say that it was the best massage I have ever had. I do love a deep massage, and oh boy, I got what I asked for. I still laugh now thinking that I felt the effects the following day, but the knots were certainly worked out for me!

Thank you, everyone for the wonderful stay and the special attention we received. Ann, thank you for your phone call tonight, addressing the one slightly less than perfect comment I had made regarding the room. It's clear that you pay attention to your guests and strive to make each and every visit perfect for every guest. It is this type of attention that will have me raving to my friends about your hotel and will surely bring me back to this gem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank catgreenize

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Inn is quite a charming find. Despite it being directly on the main road, and backed by the highway, it's a sliver of paradise. The rooms are lovely. The beds so comfortable I would have liked to import them to my home. The landscaping is very pretty. It is clearly lovingly maintained. There is a nice pool and of course lovely outside and inside areas to enjoy for breakfast. Speaking of which, where else could you find warm Banana Bread Pudding served at breakfast? With champagne?! It's an easy walk to Bouchon, Bottega, etc. The staff was very nice. The spa area and massage I had were lovely. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor if you can
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NadineMP
NYC
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I made a reservation here for five nights, after doing tons of research. (was torn between the Vintage Inn and the Villagio but I'm so happy I picked the latter).
We were upgraded to an upstairs room (208). Granted, it was facing the parking lot and you could hear some traffic, but it wasn't nearly as loud as I was expecting based on the reviews here. We had a lovely fire place and deck. The beds are insanely comfortable & the towels soft and plush (it's the little things...)
It has been said but bears repeating that the brunch is phenomenal. Unlimited champagne? Omelette station? Bread pudding??? Mmmm we didn't even have to have lunch while we were here since our brunch was so good. The spa facilities were excellent and our masseuse was wonderful. The concierge helped with our reservation at The French Laundry. It's perfectly located. I could go on and on....just stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elisaanyc
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed at other high end hotels in the Napa Valley, but this has to be my favorite. Beautiful grounds, nicely decorated and comfortable rooms, and a great location with proximity to great restaurants like Bottega and Redd make this hotel unbeatable. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had with an omelette bar and chicken and waffle bar. At night, they host a lounge in the lobby area with a pianist in front of a roaring fire. The Spa was 5 star with great service. Great views of the hot air balloons taking off nearby on weekends. Rooms are big with a wood burning fireplace; I wish I had a 2nd floor room with the balcony though. We will be coming back here next year... no need in searching anymore!

Room Tip: Spring for a 2nd floor unit for the views and privacy of the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Globetrotter805
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is in such a beautiful setting in the heart of Napa .. You are surrounded by beauty and hospitality at its best ..the rooms are relaxed luxury and hotel is steps from some world class restaurants...what more could you ask for ?! Be sure to catch the daily over the top (included with your room) brunch !! They also have the best Spa ever ...be sure to book a massage too.

Room Tip: Leave the kids and pets at home for this trip ! Also rooms facing the highway are a little noisy bu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Overall very good -

- Breakfast buffet was very good, especially on the weekend.
- Accommodations were good with friendly staff
- Conveniently located amid the younteville restaurants
- It's lovely to light the fireplace on a cold night and enjoy the complementary wine.

Room Tip: Rooms facing NE away from the highway are best, although the traffic does die down during the evenin...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HC_LA
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is just beautiful and so conveniently located in the lovely town of Yountville - within walking distance to amazing restaurants and great wineries (Hill Family and Jessup Cellars are favorites). We were 3 ladies who shared a wonderful corner room across from the spa. It was immaculate and very comfortable. Breakfast buffet and omelet station even included mimosa's and bloody mary's if you can squeeze that in before a full day of wine tasting. The entire staff here was just incredible - always smiling, friendly, helpful and actually seem to enjoy being there (who wouldn't?). Pool area was beautiful and relaxing. Can't wait return and hopefully stay longer.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edrn1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Vintage Inn
Napa Valley Lodge
Napa Valley Lodge
#2 of 6 in Yountville
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!