I have always wanted to visit the Napa Valley and decided to make the trip with my daughter. We stayed the last week of March for four nights. One never knows what to expect when picking a hotel blindly, and depending only on the reviews of others. Villagio Inn and Spa had great reviews, and I feel like Tripadvisor has never steered me wrong, so I made the decision based on that. I am so glad that I did! I had made a special request of the hotel in advance of my arrival, and they never hesitated to help me. I was impressed before we arrived, and even more so during our stay.
The grounds are beautiful - immaculate and green. After a harsh Ohio winter, it was a sight for sore eyes. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Ours was on the ground floor, our patio next to the fountains which provided a calming sound at night. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, with champagne and mimosas flowing, and omelettes made to order. High tea in the afternoon provided a break from the wine tasting and a chance to regroup before dinner.
The location of the Inn couldn't be better, and I would absolutely stay here again. You can park the car and easily walk to all of the restaurants and shops that Yountville has to offer. It is the kind of town that makes you want to move there and stay forever. Because we were there so early in the year, the vineyards were bare, but still beautiful. The area was uncrowded and we were able to move about freely, not having to deal with traffic.
And then there is the spa-aaah. How perfect that guests can use the spa amenities at any time during their stay. We loved to visit each night and relax in the hot tub and unwind after a long day of wine tasting. On Wednesday, we both had massages, and I can truly say that it was the best massage I have ever had. I do love a deep massage, and oh boy, I got what I asked for. I still laugh now thinking that I felt the effects the following day, but the knots were certainly worked out for me!
Thank you, everyone for the wonderful stay and the special attention we received. Ann, thank you for your phone call tonight, addressing the one slightly less than perfect comment I had made regarding the room. It's clear that you pay attention to your guests and strive to make each and every visit perfect for every guest. It is this type of attention that will have me raving to my friends about your hotel and will surely bring me back to this gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villagio Inn & Spa named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's 2012 "500 Best Hotels in the World", as well as T+L's 2011 Top 50 Hotels in the United States. An AAA Four Diamond Award Property, it blends the active, contemporary flavors of California's Napa Valley wine country with the warmth and charm of a countryside village in Tuscany. Villagio's 112 guest rooms, Spa Villagio and executive conference center are situated in a lush garden setting and just walking distance to the Town of Yountville's michelin star restaurants and celebrity chefs. Every guest room features oversize sunken bathtub, fireplace, robes, a complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in, flat screen television and in-room coffee and tea. A daily champagne breakfast buffet and afternoon tea service is included with every stay. Villagio Inn & Spa has recently been recognized as a winner of TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Villagio Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villagio Hotel Yountville
- Villagio Inn And Spa Yountville, Napa Valley, CA