Villagio Inn and Spa
US$437
Travelocity
US$184
HotelIndigo.com
Napa Winery Inn(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$215
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$191
Bardessono(Yountville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsomelette stationhigh teaomelet barnapa valleyinterior roomwine tastingchampagne breakfastbloody marymade to order omeletswine countryfrench laundrygrounds are beautifulsister propertyduraflame logwithin walking distancepastriesa nice touch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The resort is right in central yountville which makes it easy to walk to all the wonderful restaurants. The property itself is lush and pretty with a lot of water features to drown out the street noise. It looks peaceful. The problem is with the room decor. Maybe they gave me the worst room, but it was dark and depressing. From the dark wooden shudders to the dark wood - mismatched furniture and the old, dark carpet, the room looked like something Best Western would give you in the 1990s. The chairs both inside the room and outside on the patio were stiff and uncomfortable. By the way - you won't be able to actually sit outside because there is no privacy. First floor patios directly face the walking paths. I was expecting a lot more given the price I paid

They advertise that there are two pools on the property but one was reserved for a private party so most folks go to the noisy main pool. When I was there a mother of three rambuctious boys left them in charge of the nanny and they were running up and down screaming. The staff were too busy serving poolside drinks to intervene.

The spa facility is gorgeous but also small. When I was there mid-week I was the only one using the facility -- which was good because they could only have fit a small group of people in there.

The champagne breakfast was excellent and filling and they have a sweet afternoon tea with various bakery items. They also advertise that they have afternoon wine tasting but apparently that is only on Fridays.

So it was a good place but the rooms need to be upgraded to be worth the high price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharynW
Ann H, Manager at Villagio Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hello SharonW,
Thank you for being our guest. I'm so sorry to read that you were disappointed with some things during your stay with us. We want our guests to be delighted with every part of their visit. I apologize that this wasn't the case for you.
I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location, gardens and fountains, daily breakfast and tea service. If you find yourself returning to Yountville please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to personally assist with arrangements.

Warmly,
Ann Heeger

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our group booked rooms at the Villagio Inn and Spa and were very pleased. The rooms were clean and spacious. A complementary bottle wine greets the visitor tired from the trip to Napa. The breakfast, included with the room cost, was excellent including an omlette station and champage service. The resort has a pool, good fo adults in the morning, full with kids by afternoon, and a spa and fitness area. The resort is an easy walk to many restaurants in Yountville and has easy highway access to get into Napa Valley.

Room Tip: Some guests report that rooms close to Highway 29 are loud. We did not experience that but it would be good to check.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was our first time going to Napa Valley and before we booked we did read other trip advisor reviews but still went with the Villagio Inn and Spa because a friend had recommended the hotel.
We had the same exact problem as other trip advisors members. We booked online which is about $50 cheaper but we ended up with the worst room in the hotel. This was about 8 months ago so I don't exactly remember the room number but I think it's 229. It's the room on the corner nearest to the freeway. I should have requested a room change as soon as they stuck me with the room for suckers but we were so tired from the flight and drive up to Napa and I thought it couldn't be as bad as the review on trip advisor. Not only did they give us the worst room in the hotel, they made us wait forever for the room to get ready. I should have known something is up when we got there around 3 o clock and they said are room was not ready and to come back in 1 hour while other guest would walk in right after us and they would get their rooms right away. We paid somewhere around $450 a night and I don't think I have had a worst night's sleep in my life. I felt like I was sleeping in the middle of the freeway. FYI if you book online to save $50 be ready to get treated like a second class citizen in a hotel that is cute but really nothing special. We did complain the next day and they changed are room but no apologies.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David D

Hello David D,
I am truly sorry for your experience the first day of your visit. I'm glad we were able to find you a room where you were comfortable. We would love to welcome you back for another try at showing you our first class service and gorgeous property. Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to return.

Ann Heeger

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with great amenities and centrally located to many Napa attractions. Great restaurants and shopping within walking distance and a relaxing location to spend time after visiting the great wineries!!! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Villagio and had a nice vacation. I was skeptical when we arrived because the front desk staff was not especially friendly (neither was the concierge) and the outside of the buildings looked a bit run down. There were cracks in the stucco and water stains. Inside the rooms, however, we were surprised to find that they were mostly updated. Our room was a ground-floor room with a nice patio. It was enormous with a large living area with a fireplace, a hallway with dressers, a closet, and a dressing area, and a nice bathroom. There was a sunken tub (unfortunately with a chip) and an older shower head. But the tile was nice and the dressing area had a large granite countertop with double sinks. There was both a one-cup coffee maker as well as a regular coffee maker which I really liked. The fireplace came with a Duraflame log. The tv had a very large flat-screen and the bed was super comfortable. The air conditioner was making strange noises so I asked the front desk to check into this. When we returned to our room one hour later we found a completely new unit. Our package included champagne breakfast every day which was delicious. There was an omelette station, lots of fruits and pastries, granolas and cereals, etc. It was especially nice to sit outside for breakfast. I would have liked this hotel to have better tennis courts and equipment and also to offer bike rentals. They said they used to have bikes but discontinued this service. For the value, I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple