All reviews omelette station omelet bar napa valley bottle of wine champagne breakfast wine country made to order omelets sister property french laundry grounds are beautiful within walking distance included breakfast pastries a nice touch second floor two sinks rooms are nice
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Booked Villagio last minute for my birthday in June. After reading negative reviews dated around April/May about the level of service not being as great as it used to be, I was quite apprehensive. Yes, it is true they have had a change in management and feel I have to write a review to share our pleasant experience.

Check in was swift and the lady was very friendly. She informed us of the facilities and wished me a happy birthday (without telling her). She asked if we needed help with our luggage which we declined. We drove our car to the parking area located at the back of the property and made our way to the room with our luggage. Our room was on the second floor, and there are no elevators. We were fine to carry our own luggage, however suggest that you accept the offer if you cant carry it on your own.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and large king size. Large bath tub. Mini fridge, coffee maker. Complimentary bottle of wine and the nice touch of a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine including a card to wish me happy birthday. Room was on the second floor and looked over the centre walkway and fountains.

The breakfast area was super busy on Saturday morning, including bridal party groups and a bachelorette party. Despite that, there was an extremely helpful blonde lady (sorry didn't get her name), who assisted in moving us to a table outside. I can confirm that there was an omelette and pancake station and complimentary mimosas or a glass of sparkling were served at the bar. This blonde lady as I could later gather was some type of manager and I saw her roaming around several parts of the property like the pool ensuring all guests were looked after. Many reviews comment about the birds, however having stayed at several hotels with similar problem, it didn't phase me too much. They do have metal cages on the table to assist with this and staff were working quickly to clear plates etc.

The concierge assisted with some vineyards to visit in the area which was helpful. The front desk assisted with dinner reservations for the evening.

They had wine tasting on both nights we were there from around 5-7 in the lobby area.

We spent around three hours by the pool on the Saturday. Pool was busy, however was able to get a sun lounger. Pool area also had a hot tub. I would like to compliment to staff working at the pool area.- Kendall and Ivan. I guess they were working from 10 or 11 in then morning as I noticed them in the morning and only noticed them leave at around 7. They were highly motivated staff and literally did not stop walking around to check on guests, take food And beverage orders. Delivering the food and drinks, changing the towels etc. Yes, you might say it's their job, however they did it with a smile and looked like they wanted to be there. Great customer service.

Only two areas I would comment that wasn't up to standard:
1. Received a turn down service on the Saturday night with a complimentary bottle of water and noticed we hadn't received turn down or water on Friday night.

2. Unfortunately we had to check out at 6 am on Sunday morning to catch a 16 hour flight back home from SFO which meant we missed breakfast. The gentleman at check out was super unfriendly. No smile, no acknowledgement, no "thank you for staying with us". Especially after just swiping my credit card for over 1000 US dollars for a 2 night stay!!. Since they were setting up the breakfast area and I could see the coffee and tea being put out, I would of LOVED if he had offered "would you like a coffee for the road since you not having breakfast?" But I guess thats the difference between service and hospitality.

Overall great stay, thank you for the nice touches to make my birthday feel special.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Hotel Villagio, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear amandavandenbergh,

Happy Birthday one more time! So glad you chose to stay with us to celebrate your special occasion. I am pleased to see all of your positive comments and will address your check out experience as well. Yes there is new management in place. Please know the plans are simply to make the guest service and hotel product even better than it has ever been.

When it is time to make your next 16 hour trip to Yountville we look forward to having you back as a guest.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

One of the most beautiful Inns my wife and I have stayed. It is situated in the center of Yountville in the midst of all the well known restaurants. We had a suite with a fire place, and outdoor deck. The outdoor pool and spa was in a beautiful setting. Breakfast area was equally nice since you had a choice of eating outside near the pool or in the inside dinning area. Full breakfast was included each morning and was excellent. The staff especially Mary the concierge was wonderful... They made you feel like you were at your own private resort.

Dear Steve F,

Just a brief note to say thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the wonderful service you received from Mary at our concierge desk. Was pleased that you felt your overall experience was fantastic.

When you next visit Yountville we look forward to having you back as a guest at the Villagio Inn and Spa.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I RARELY (VERY RARELY) give 5 star reviews. A hotel or restaurant or attraction has to be very special or spectacular to get 5 stars from me. As such...The Villagio Inn And Spa certainly rates up there, but it isn't quite 5 stars.

We arrived early (1 PM) for our scheduled 4 PM check in time. So our room wasn't ready. However, if we opted to select a king size bed instead of 2 queen size beds it may have been ready.

So, we simply left our rental car and luggage parked in the parking lot and took off in Yountville to get some lunch. We also walked around the little wine country town taking in the scenery. When we arrived back at 3 PM our room was still not ready. However, showing up at 3 PM gave the front desk people the incentive to make the call to housekeeping to find out what the status was. So, 15 minutes later, they were ready to check us in.

Check in from that point on was easy. A bellman helped us with our luggage. We drove around to the parking area in the rear of the hotel nearest our hotel room (which was on the second floor and looked out at another of the hotel buildings). Attractive, but still another building. There was no elevator to assist the bellman although he indicated they were planning to install some in the future.

When we got in our room we found two very comfortable queen size beds, a desk, tables and a complimentary bottle of wine. Outside was a "private" balcony which overlooked the other building's private balconies. Still we were able to enjoy the wine sitting on the balcony.

Also in the room and around a wall was a closet, a pair of sinks and a good size bath. All were very clean and neat. All the furnishings were modern and tasteful.

Wifi was free, but I occasionally lost connection to my Iphone 5c. My wife never lost connection to her Ipad. The A/C unit worked very well in our room

The price of the room was about $450 a night (less during the week, more on weekend and we had some of each during our stay).

We did not use the pool but it appeared very well taken care of and there was pool staff attending to details by the pool.

Breakfast was complimentary with a chef making omelets outside the reception area. Seating for breakfast was either inside or outside. The buffet for breakfast also had a variety of meats (Like bacon) and breads (like bagels), fruits, cereals etc. All of good quality. In the same area in the afternoon, they had coffee and pastr. A bar was close to the check in desk.....hmmm maybe that is why they delayed?? Just kidding. In the evening, you could order food from the bar and eat it either in or out. I believe the menu was the same as the room service menu.

Oh, this may be positive to some (such as myself) or negative to some.... but the blackbirds were quite aggressive in obtaining food from their human plates, In the mornings when the birds were most aggressive, the tables had metal screens on them that would fit over a dinner (breakfast) plate. The birds would land on the chairs and tables while people were sitting there and if the people didn't pay attention the birds would steal something from the plate. I found it all amusing and enjoyed the birds show. I particularly laughed when one particularly smart bird swooped in to where the chef was cooking omelets and in the blink of an eye left with a beak full of cheddar cheese! The chef wasn't even close to stopping the bird.
Granted, the birds do poop... but oh...nevermind. The staff members amused me as well as they tried to shoo the birds away. The furniture and grounds were pretty clean in spite of the birds. One staff member said that the birds were particularly aggressive because they were nesting and the young birds were still being fed. She indicated that they would probably stop within a month (I did observe quite a few juvenile birds still flapping their wings for mommy to "feed me".

The grounds were well manicured. Maids very polite and friendly (one even provided a second complimentary bottle of wine). The hotel is centrally located in Yountville. Every evening our rooms were turned down with the blinds closed for the evening. The TV was on with classical music playing.

The concierge, Mary, made arrangements for us to visit several wineries which we selected over and above a wine tour we purchased prior to our trip. That wine tour visited 4 different wineries in the 10 AM to 5 PM period. At the end of our stay opted to ship on a mixed case of wine. When questioned about our predicament to get the wine home, she suggested we visit the front desk who would provide the form for the shipping company to come to the hotel, package the wine for shipment and get it shipped via UPS. Unfortunately for us, the weather is hot (extremely in some areas of the country) and the shipping company strongly recommended using two day air to ship the case of wine across the country (from California to Massachusetts). Price for shipping was enough to buy 4 very good bottles of wine. Mary was very helpful and friendly during our visit.

Oh.... after we were wined out on the last evening of our stay, we opted to skip going to an expensive restaurant and just eat "cheap" in the outside area of our hotel. So we ordered a couple of burgers (done perfectly and attractively) at $18 each, a cocktail, a couple of Bailey's following dinner and we signed for the $100plus tab (including tax and tip). The food and service were very good.

Okay why not 5 stars? No elevators, view of another building from our balcony and somewhat shakie wifi?.... I didn't knock them for not checking us in right away since we did arrive 3 hours before normal check in time. We DID experience a minor problem with the wine delivery to our house. I opted for 2 day air delivery. The front desk personal told me the wine would be shipped on Monday and therefore would arrive on Wednesday. Someone over 21 years old had to be there to accept delivery and I was scheduled to be home on Wednesday. However, the front desk personnel didn't know that the shipping company would pick up and package the wine on Monday and ship it on Tuesday making it arrive Thursday. I was not scheduled to be home Thursday, so I had to pay an extra $5 to UPS to reschedule the delivery until Friday. When I questioned the shipping company about the Thursday (vs Wednesday) delivery, they said the hotel front desk people were well aware that the pick up date is NOT the shipping date. So I knocked the front desk personnel for failure to tell me that.

The price was expensive which matches the rest of the Napa Valley.

Room tip: avoid rooms on the side of the hotel with the main highway

Dear c2h5oh_1,

Thank you so much for such a thorough review of your recent stay. You provided great insight to the guest experience. We appreciate that you felt the hotel was so close to 5 Stars- on your next visit we will get you there!

When you next visit the Napa Valley we look forward to having you back as a guest. Come later in the year and the weather will be cooler and the birds will have gone away.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Hotel was beautiful and the room, a suite, included a fireplace. Champagne Breakfast every morning. Great location in town within walking distance to shops and restaurants in Yountville. Close to wineries. Booked through Wine World Tours, an award winning luxury wine and food tour business, based in Marina Del Rey. Very highly recommended for a special occasion or vacation. Exceeded my expectations in every regard.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Hotel Villagio, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Dear karenv764,

Just a brief note to say thank you for being a recent guest at Villagio. Delighted you found the hotel so beautiful and that highly recommend it for special occasions.

When your travel bring you back to the Napa Valley we look forward to having you back as a guest.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

My fiance and I loved the Villagio. We stayed for 2 nights and from the second you check in you are treated like royalty. I proposed to my girlfriend on the drive up though PCH and the concierge, Mary, was so amazing helping me get roses and champagne for the room before we got there and making all of our dinner reservations. We LOVED having the fireplace in the room and the front desk will deliver as many logs as you need to keep the fire burning for as long as you want. The rooms are very big and nice and the bed was so comfortable we slept like babies after a day of wine tastings. The pool area is very nice and the breakfast buffet is great. I highly recommend the Villagio to anyone that wants to have a relaxing, romantic getaway in Napa.

Room tip: Im pretty sure i stayed in the cheapest room they had and it was amazing.
Date of stay: May 2016

Dear Paul M,

Congratulations on your recent engagement! So pleased we were able to part of your special celebration. We will share your positive comments with Mary regarding how much you appreciated the champagne and roses.

Best on your upcoming wedding. Whether it is for your honeymoon or another special occasion we look forward to having you back as a guest.