My husband is a train buff, so I booked a night at the NVRI. We were upgraded to a caboose, because the car I booked had "shower issues." Yes, it is a series of train cars, but inside they look like a shabby Motel 6. "Satellite tv" didn't work, and shower was HOT only - and the "emergency" number posted was specifically if you locked your key in your room, no staff on site at all (we were checked in by a 15-year-old girl). And yes, for 2 hours in the early morning you get to listen to them filling up the hot air balloons - VERY NOISY. It is in a great location, but I'd spend the extra $10 per night and stay right down the street at the Napa Valley Lodge. There are also 2-3 other boutique hotels within a couple blocks that looked much nicer too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Wine Country in the center of the sophisticated town of Yountville, the Napa Valley Railway Inn provides the perfect Napa Valley getaway. Let the Railway Inn's converted 100-year old train cars provide you with memorable accommodations walking distance to Thomas Keller's 'The French Laundry,' 'Bouchon,' and 'Ad-Hoc,' as well as Michael Chiarello's 'Bottega,' and 'Napa Style.' Comfortable, contemporary and convenient, relax outside your room in the evening on our patio with a glass of wine or in the morning enjoy a specialty coffee and fresh pastry from the Model Bakery's soon to open 3rd Napa Valley location right at the hotel. Outside your doorstep stroll to any of the 11 wine tasting rooms, boutique shopping or world-class dining located just steps away. A mix of history with all the modern conveniences for today's traveler, make the hotel an ideal destination when visiting the Napa Valley. In room amenities include complimentary WiFi, flat screen TV's, inviting luxurious linens and refrigerators for that just purchased bottle of Chardonnay. Hotel guest rooms consist of eight steam-era railcars permanently parked in the center of downtown Yountville in the heart of the Napa Valley. Each of the guest cars offers few hints of their former function: you'd never guess that No. 4 used to carry cattle or that the skylight in No.9 was once a hatch for ice-block deliveries. Providing the best location for your wine country escape, the hotel offers the convenience of not having to get into your car to enjoy an evening out in the best restaurants in the Napa Valley as well as great views of the surrounding mountains and adjacent vineyards during the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Napa Valley Railway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Railway Hotel Yountville
- Napa Valley Railway Inn Yountville, CA