My wife and I stayed at the Bardessono back in March 2013. Having loved our stay so much back then, we decided to come back to the Bardessono in December to celebrate our wedding anniversary. And our stay both times was nothing short of absolute perfection. Yes, the Bardessono has all of the basics – clean, spacious rooms coupled with their courteous and friendly staff (a special thanks to their Concierge team, who were consistently willing to go above and beyond with any requests that we had). With that said though, there are other things that make the Bardessono a wonderful and unique place to stay.
Nestled in the heart of Yountville, the hotel is located right across from Bouchon, which made it super easy for me to roll out of bed first thing in the morning and walk over to Bouchon to grab an assortment of pastries without having to deal with waiting in line. Also, if you plan on having lunch/dinner in Yountville, the Bardessono offers a Lexus complimentary service to escort you to and from the hotel.
Regarding the room itself, our Spa Suite had everything that we needed to relax – a jacuzzi, a sauna and a warm fireplace, which we found to be a very nice touch considering the outside temperature was down in the 20s. In addition, our room was used to do our in-room massages, which my wife and I both concur that the massages were some of the best that we’ve ever had (many thanks to Malissa who was fantastic in helping coordinate our spa/massage requests).
All in all, we had a fantastic experience staying at the Bardessono. Tripadvisor rated the Bardessono as one of the most romantic hotels in the nation for 2013 and for me, it’s quite obvious why that is the case. I’ve had the opportunity to stay at various Ritz Carltons, Fairmonts, Shangri-La’s around the world, and based upon what I’ve experienced thus far, they all come at a distant second compared to the Bardessono. Granted, the Bardessono is not cheap by any means; however, I’m a firm believer that you should get what you pay for and in my opinion, the Bardessono has set the bar at a level where all of the other hotels have yet to reach.
My wife and I plan to return many more times in the future and we hope the Bardessono continues to provide what we experienced – privacy, comfort, luxury and most importantly, peacefulness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green, luxurious and peaceful, Bardessono is a Napa Valley hotel and spa experience unlike any other. Nestled in the heart of Yountville, California our hotel is exceptional by nature. We offer a mindful approach to living the good life and provide a meaningful exchange between the traveler and the host. Our pledge is to care for an uncommon set of priorities in order to create a connected and insightful experience of our guests. Our menu at Lucy Restaurant and Bar offers "field-to-fork" garden-inspired cuisine and spirited libations. Our spa treatments are designed around the needs of the season. Let your story unfold, one indulgence at a time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bardessono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bardessono Hotel Yountville
- Bardessono Yountville, Napa Valley, CA