“THE place to stay for a Napa trip.”
Review of Bardessono

Bardessono
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 September 2014

It's worth it to spend the extra money to stay here. Top-notch service, AMAZING, modern, private rooms with private patios, modern, thoughtful décor, art and architecture. Full bottle of wine in the room, steam shower. Beautiful grounds, pool, on-site restaurant. Bike rentals, in room massage....a total luxurious escape! The town of Yountville is SO adorable, every store/restaurant is so cool, hip, chic but a very laid-back atmosphere. WE loved riding bikes around town. My idyllic life would be right in Yountville...if I could move into the Bardessono.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank veganluv
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear veganluv,

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting this glowing review. We're delighted you enjoyed yourselves here, particularly our service, rooms, amenities, and restaurant.

You're right about Yountville. It's a magical town in the middle of our beautiful Napa Valley. And walking and biking about around it is so easy to do from Bardessono.

Lastly, we'd love to have you come live here, of course.

All best wishes and many thanks from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This place is so worth the money and really gives you an incredible and intimate experience. From wine being handed to us when we arrived, to the bike rentals, pool and exceptional service, this was a dream! The rooms are amazing!!!! Like nothing I've stayed before. They even worked around their rooms so we could stay an extra night and that morning hot air balloons were rising in the air that we could see directly from our balcony. I'm pretty sure I will be returning here in the future! ...and I know I already mentioned it, but the service was outstanding!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amplexusomnium
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Amplexusomnium,

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much. We're delighted you enjoyed yourselves here, and thank you for commenting on our service. I'm really proud of our staff and the genuine, warm, and caring service they deliver. I'm also glad we were able to accommodate you for an extra night.

Do come back...soon and often.

Warmest regards from all of us at Bardessono.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Bardessono is our go-to Napa get-a-way! Even our dogs are treated as VIPs here with snacks, beds and water bowls upon arrival. My in-room massage was wonderful as I could linger and decompress for as long as I needed. We've had excellent meals at their restaurant Lucy, but could also walk to some notable local restaurants. The rooms are attractive and well appointed, some with patios (nice for the dogs). Sometimes when we stay here we don't even leave the property!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if traveling with dogs, as they have patios.

Dear Whitney R,

We're delighted to read we're your Napa Valley home away from home. We really enjoy serving you and the dogs. You were very generous with your praise about our facilities, food, and location. We are small enough to be able to treat all guests as if they are the most important people here.

We look forward to your next visit.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We live about an hour away, so often come to the area for an overnight or day trip. To celebrate our anniversary, we planned to go to the spa at Bardessono and have a nice lunch. I made the lunch reservation first and then emailed the spa. I was told there was time available for the service we wanted, but told to call (odd, since the website said you could reserve your spa service online). I called a couple days later and was told they had availability at 2:00 (we wanted it before lunch). The woman on the phone was completely unhelpful - she didn't even offer other services we could have during the time we wanted. I explained that I had emailed with someone who confirmed the services were available and she didn't have anything to say about that. It was so disappointing after all the positive reviews I read.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katie904
JBTYountville_CA, General Manager at Bardessono, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear katie904,

I'm so sorry to read this and for the bad experience you had here. I was aware of it, and thought we had properly made amends, but it's obvious you still have a bad taste in your mouth about our Spa service.

When the problem occurred, our Spa contacted me, and I thought we did the right thing by you. Do let me know what we can do for you now. My number is 707.204.6001, and email is jim.treadway@bardessono.com.

Many thanks and all best wishes.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

First and foremost my heart and sympathy goes out to ALL THE PEOPLE of downtown napa, the many areas within napa valley, yountville and any other area impacted by the unprecedented uncontrollable earthquake that occurred this past weekend while I was a guest here for the 6th time in 4 years and travelled across the country to do so. I only have reviewed once prior (see my 12/10/12) as I don't feel a review is needed unless there is something extraordinary positive or negative to mention and this time it is fully warranted

Let me make a few points clear:

1) The hotel and resort are 100% in aesthetically beautiful and physical shape as they have always been even after the magnitude of the earthquake and this is a testament to its construction etc

2) The operations were never discontinued except for a few hours Sunday. This is due to the selflessness and dedication and desire of the staff to delay their own personal disaster and recovery cleanup to come to the hotel at 4 AM and work tirelessly to take care of any cleanup and recovery needed in the kitchen and bar areas so that guests could have "complimentary" I might add breakfast of which I did not participate and operations were fully resumed by 430 PM that same day again after a monumental uncontrollable weather event. This clearly shows the efforts the staff from the gm on down will go to provide the best guest experience possible!!!

3) As I departed yesterday ALL the amazing restaurants in the nearby area are fully operational and all the amazing winery experiences to have are 100% and waiting for you to enjoy as much as I do

So in closing thanks to the entire BARDESSONO staff for their dedication to put the guest experience above all including their personal sacrifices made during such an uncontrollable weather event, and to all out there with "hesitation" or "doubt" about visiting I would immediately rest assured that BARDESSONO is one of the safest places and has one of the most dedicated group of staff members willing to ensure the best possible guest experience you could under any circumstance including uncontrollable weather as just shown to me

If you are able to you need to visit as soon as possible

Dear Citizen860,

It would be silly to pretend I don't know who you are, but I do want readers to know that we didn't solicit this glowing review of our hotel and the difficult Sunday we experienced.

First, thank you for staying with us six times. But even greater thanks go to you for writing what you did above. Your account of "Earthquake Day" here is 100% accurate. Our staff continues to amaze me. We had more employees show up on Sunday that we had scheduled. They just want to ensure we were OK, and wanted to help clean up, despite having families at home and a massive cleanup effort themselves. I was so touched and will eternally be grateful. We will take care of our employees who experienced losses. That's for sure.

Until now, whenever I've written the word "Earth" it's been in the context of our environmentalism. Lately, I've written the word "Earthquake" a lot. Look forward to going back to dropping the "-quake" soon.

I'd ask you to come back, but I already know you are. Look forward to thanking you personally soon.

Best to you and your bride.

Your friends here.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We are a big fan of small luxury Hotel's and the Bardessono is one of the best we have ever had the pleasure to visit! We were looking to stay in Yountville due to the world class restaurants and the proximity to the great wineries. Below is a summary of the great aspects of this property:
-In the heart of Younville, so you can walk to all the best restaurants and many tasting rooms
-Very serene and zenlike setting, the property is gorgeous
-We booked a King-Spa suite and the room had a great bathroom, very private patio with mountain views, and very modern but comfortable decor
-Great food at the restaurants, we had an amazing room service breakfast on our patio
-Very cool rooftop Pool and Bar, great place to unwind after a long day of wine tasting
-Access to two Lexus vehicles complimentary to tour the countryside
-And last but not least, an amazing staff! The staff was extremely accommodating and very focused on making sure we had the best possible experience. James, Cali, Chris and Tom all provided great insight into the best wineries and restaurants to visit. We visited over the weekend of the big earthquake, and while a very scary experience for earthquake rookies like us, the staff handled the situation with grace and aplomb despite the fact that they all were dealing with damage to their homes.

The one final bit of advice, if you are staying at the Bardessono and intending to visit French Laundry, Bottega, Redd or Bouchon, you should reach out to the concierge staff well in advance of your visit to secure reservations as these are some of the best restaurants in the country and always booked up. That goes for the wineries as well. The staff will work with you remotely on a great itinerary.

You cannot go wrong with this property, we will definitely be back.

Dear jmq70,

What a great review. Thank you so much. We're delighted to read how much you enjoyed yourselves here. Not sure we'd call ourselves "hip", though. To some, that can imply "coolness with attitude". But we are contemporary and progressive, but with old fashioned hospitality, a fierce desire to please, and deep care and concern for the happiness of our guests.

I especially want to thank you for your sage advice. Yes. By all means, make your arrangements in advance, particularly restaurant reservations.

Warmest regards and much appreciate from all of us.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Enjoyed a 3 night stay recently. Could not be any happier. Great staff, always helpful and glad to assist. The room was amazing. We enjoyed dinner at Lucy one evening which was very good as well. Amazing property and grounds in a perfect location.

Can't wait to return, wouldn't change a thing.

Also, was at the hotel the night of the earthquake. A first for us and quite a way to wrap up an amazing trip.

Dear jb6179,

We're delighted to read about your experience here and that it was your "best trip ever". What a wakeup call early Sunday morning, though. The earthquake shook us all up, but by 5 p.m. that day we were cleaned up and it was business as usual.

Do come back....soon and often. I promise a wonderful (and uneventful) stay next time.

All best wishes from your friends at Bardessono.

Jim.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Bardessono? Share your experiences!