“Couldn't be better!”
Review of North Block Hotel

North Block Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I am OBSESSED with this hotel. Perfect location in perfect Yountville. Charming courtyard. Beautifully decorated rooms with Restoration Hardware furniture. The most comfortable bed EVER. Clean, clean, clean! So wonderful!!! My husband and I were first timers to Napa, and this hotel honestly made our visit AMAZING! I am rarely impressed, and I was very impressed :) Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our balcony overlooked the parking lot and the winery behind the hotel. You are in Yountville, so n...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ty A, General Manager at North Block Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Meg,
Wow, thank you for sharing such an amazing review (we're blushing a little bit!).
I hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just checking in was a treat, a glass of wine and a smile. The service was excellent, they even carry your bags to your room and a free bottles is chilled and ready to start your vacation!

The restaurant was great, great food and friendly service, every employee treats you like a guest, even if you just stopped in to eat.

The rooms are very clean and everything worked as it should, upstairs balcony is the best! There is a rain shower in the bathroom, great way to start the day.

Weekday rate was about $255, I wouldn't pay above $300, $500 for the weekends is a little bit over the top. Stay and enjoy!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael,
Thank you for staying at North Block.
I am pleased you noticed and enjoyed all the little details that we think make a big difference!
You are correct, prices in our area do increase on the weekends (especially in the summer & fall), so I'm glad that you were able to get one of the last of our discounted winter rates.
Please come back any time - we'd love to welcome you again.
My very best,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I loved this place. Very small hotel - only 20 rooms. The rooms are small but very comfortable. We had a a private little porch in the back. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Bathroom was large and the products are great. We went during the week. Great time to go. The rooms were substantially cheaper and no one was there. No crowds at the wineries - making for impromptu tours and longer tastings.

The hot tub and pool are nice areas as well, except the hot tub was way too hot and the pool was freezing.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Ekob,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at North Block.
My apologies for the chilly pool - we've turned up the heat & it's now ready for a spring swim!
I'm glad to see you otherwise enjoyed your stay & hope you can visit us again.
My best,
Ty Accornero, GM

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at several hotels/inns in the Napa area and North Block Hotel is our favorite by far. We were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine upon our arrival and the staff immediately made us feel at home. They were friendly and accommodating and the check in process was seamless.

The guest rooms are warm and inviting. We enjoyed the cozy fireplace and the bed was amazing. The bathroom is a large with heated floors and bath products that make you feel as though you have gone to the spa.

The location is perfect. It is walking distance to amazing restaurants and tasting rooms and it is close to Hwy 29, so it is only short drive to the wineries.

After a day of wine tasting, we enjoyed relaxing by the fire place in the courtyard that makes you feel like you have gone to Italy.

If you are looking for a truly special, intimate and relaxing experience, give North Block a try.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Heidi,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay at North Block.
It has been a true pleasure having you and your husband as our guests over the years.
We look forward to your next visit!
My very best,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Nice hotel, nice location at north end of Yountville. Close to everything, with decent restaurant right in the hotel courtyard. Quaint courtyard atmosphere. Well laid out rooms, although a bit small. Nice pool. Free wireless internet. Very nice and helpful staff!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just got back from a trip to the North Block Hotel. Lovely time. Rooms were beautiful and the staff was incredibly nice. The location couldn't have been better. But, it was a surprise to us that the Redd Wood restaurant is not open for breakfast every day and I wish I had known this going in. We checked in on Wednesday. On Thursday, the restaurant was not open for breakfast. The staff was lovely and told us where we could go to eat and we walked to it. I would have liked to have known ahead of time that was going to happen. It was open the next day and we found it to be very limited although it was convenient.

But the hotel is beautiful. Serene. And I would stay there again even if I wish they would they update their restaurant.

Room Tip: We were in a very nice room but when the people next door got loud, it was like they were in the roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were up in Napa to celebrate a friend's birthday and found that this hotel was close to our destination. It was clean and well appointed. Even though it is very close to 29, we never heard road noise. The staff is incredibly gracious and friendly. The hotel is next door to Redd Wood restaurant (that produces excellent late night pizza) and we couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. It was a good value at $320.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rkr727
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#3 of 6 in Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa

Been to North Block Hotel? Share your experiences!