Lavender - A Four Sisters Inn
Bardessono(Yountville)
US$915
North Block Hotel(Yountville)
US$539
Napa Valley Railway Inn(Yountville)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$320
US$285
Petit Logis Inn(Yountville)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$382
US$357
All reviewsthe main houseprivate patiofrench laundrywine tastingnapa valleylarge bathroomwalking distancebed and breakfastcountry frenchfruit and yogurtoutdoor tubhomemade cookiesegg dishesa lovely staystaff personcasserolemaison fleurie
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were very satisfied with our accommodations. The room was very spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was big enough for two people. However, it would have been nice if the commode was separated by a door, and the linens were softer.

We have stayed at the sister property in Yountville, but prefer the quiet location of Lavender. The staff was very nice and Marion is a hoot.

The breakfasts were okay, too many carbs for our tastes. Complimentary water would have been a nice touch. There were just a few little things missing that could have made the Inn a 5-star property. Overall, I can't complain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My girlfriend and I travelled from NYC to Napa and stayed at Lavender and I can safely say that I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel.

I woke up in the morning with bites all over my body

the bed sheets were filthy

the staff lied to me about the whereabouts and contact information of their manager Gina (cleary trying to cover their tracks)

I asked if we could just try her on the phone together and to my surprise Gina picked up the phone and as the conversation developed it appeared that the hotel manager had spoken to Gina only a few moments before meeting me.

Horrible experience. Not worth the headache

5  Thank henry c
Gina M, General Manager at Lavender - A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

No guest either before his visit or since has complained of insects at our scrupulously clean inn. Nevertheless, because we treat complaints seriously, we had a professional inspector examine the room within an hour of his checking out. The inspector was very thorough, and his report assured us that no parasites were found on bedding or elsewhere in the room. A copy of this report was sent to the guest, and he was invited to contact the inspector directly. The guest saw the report before writing his TripAdvisor review. He knows for a fact that the bed and bedding were free of parasites.
The day this guest checked out happened to be my day off, which is why the other staff members said I was not available. Unbeknownst to the Lavender employees, I went into my office (which is at a different location) to do some extra work. That was why the guest was able to reach me, and why the other employees were surprised when I answered the phone.
We work hard to keep our inn meticulously clean, a fact reinforced by the pest inspection. This guest’s comments are just not accurate and when he demanded a complimentary stay and the staff declined, he became belligerent. We are proud of our inn, the cleanliness, the gardens and the gracious staff as highlighted in the many other positive reviews!

Gina Massolo
Regional Manager
Four Sisters Inns

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We spent two nights at Lavender and were sad to leave! Our room was in one of the separate cottages, which all have private terraces; ours also had a small hot tub, which was delightful after a day of touring wineries. The fireplace in our room added to the charm. We enjoyed a glass of wine on the evening we arrived, and the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Yountville is a cute place with great restaurants, and Lavender is in a quiet spot. I would definitely return.

1  Thank Ardith L
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The customer service at this Inn is better than you will find at most hotels. Very attentive and willing to help you with just about everything. From help with picking restaurants and vineyards to the fresh home made breakfast each day along with wine tasting in the evenings. This place has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had at a property this size.

In addition to the property itself, the location is walking distance to a variety of restaurants including French Laundry just a few blocks away. The center of town is also just a 5 minute walk where you can find just about everything including wine tasting rooms, restaurants and small shops for general shopping.

2  Thank Bryan R
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our first trip to Yountville and we certainly chose a great place. Our room was beautifully furnished, very spacious and our private courtyard was ideal. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfasts - something different each morning - were excellent and we even got invited to an in-house wine tasting. The location is idea: we walked to three restaurants - all booked in advance by Lavender staff. It would be hard to find a better place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple