“A blast!”

Napa Valley Wine Country Semi-Custom Limousine Tour
Ranked #4 of 44 things to do in Yountville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1985, Goosecross is a winery and vineyard owned by Christi Coors Ficeli and her family. Located in Yountville, Goosecross is known for producing high quality wines and providing excellent customer service. They stay focused on the basics – sustainable farming with attention, care and diligence in the cellar. Their wines are only available through the winery, 100% direct to consumer. A visit to Goosecross’ wine tasting room in Yountville will delight you with its casual, friendly atmosphere and outstanding hospitality. The winery tasting room is the place to taste, experiment, and learn in a laid-back beautiful space, and in the company of knowledgeable hosts who are passionate about wine.
Dimondale, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A blast!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Goosecross Cellars is not razzle-dazzle, but I am here to tell you that it was so much fun! I highly recommend it! As other reviewers have written, Jose really made the experience for us. He is a peach! I loved how he would pour a glass of wine and say, "Do you love it, or does it make you angry? If it makes you angry we'll get rid of it and get you something else!" He is very good about challenging you to try a variety of things, but then letting you go with what you especially like if you just want to drink that. I liked that Goosecross had some sweeter choices, as the Napa Valley is not known for sweeter wines. We sat outside for our tasting under the covered patio, looking out to the vineyards. It was such a relaxing setting. I am sooo glad that I booked Goosecross as part of our Napa Vally experience.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the best time with Jose during our tasting! He was just hilarious.

Their wines are delicious! We got to try 4 whites, which is rare in Napa (or so I have heard). My personal favorite was the Orange Muscat...I bought 3 bottles of it!

We were running late so we did not have time to walk around the grounds but from what we could see they were beautiful!

Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best stop of our vacation!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Goosecross Cellars was our first stop of many over our two day Napa adventure. They set the bar very high. Others were good - just not as good.

We went with a very large group (14 of us). While this place is very small, they more than make up for that with their customer service. Jose was the very best! I am not fond of red wines - he quickly realized that about me & put me on my 'own program'....talk about accommodating!

Laid back & relaxing environment - not a stuffy environment at all! Since this was our first stop, we naively thought other stops were all going to be this good. Incorrect assumption. We were not ready to leave when our drivers told us we needed to get going.

What a great time - complete with banter & good wine.

Our group from the Midwest gives Goosecross two thumbs up!

Visited April 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 424 helpful votes
“No Snobs Allowed in This Friendly, Fun Tasting Room”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I wasn't a big fan of the wines that we tasted at Goosecross but dang it, this was the most fun and friendly tasting room we visited in Napa Valley! This is what a wine tasting experience should be -- fun, educational and an all-around blast. There are so many snobby wineries nowadays and tasting rooms where the employees make you feel like you are more of a bother than a valued guest, but Goosecross is the complete opposite.

I think this would be a great place to go if you are a first-time visitor to the area or if you are new to wine tasting in general. Jose led our tasting and was just a hoot. We showed up about 15 minutes before closing and he gladly accommodated us (and the two other couples who came in right behind us). He didn't rush us at all and was jovial and seemed to really love his job and the wines he was pouring.

The tasting room itself is small and a little difficult to find. Find the bathrooms and walk to the right (through an area with steel tanks). They ask that you make an appointment before tasting but you can literally get an appointment by walking in the tasting room and asking (you have to fill out a card with your information). Easy and accommodating.

The wines are good but I thought they were overpriced for what they were. This could just be because we tasted the 2011 vintages. They were just "okay." I'd definitely revisit this winery to give the 2012s a try when they are released.

Goosecross seems to offer some great deals from time to time to make sure to ask. While we were there they had a case special: if you bought a case of wine, they'd ship it to your house for just $1.00! There are also lots of 2 for 1 tasting coupons in the free publications around town so look for them.

Lakeside, MT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The friendliest winery in Napa”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Goosecross is by far not the largest, and by a wide margin not the fanciest winery in Napa Valley, but I think it is the most fun and welcoming tasting room you can find. Ashley, Kim, Jose and Denise will make you feel right at home. And the wine is exceptional. A visit to their tasting room is not to be missed. Well worth the visit.