“Wonderful experience in wine country”
Review of Hotel Yountville

Hotel Yountville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Chicago
“Wonderful experience in wine country”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We just returned from spending 3 nights at Hotel Yountville. There were 10 of us there and everyone of us loved our rooms and the experience. There are great spaces to sit and have coffee or read the paper, a couple outdoor fireplaces too. The front desk couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Loved the ability to just grab the bikes by the front door and go for a ride thru the vineyards nearby. Plus the added ability to walk to fantastic restaurants makes Yountville a great location.

Room Tip: We were in room 410, which has a steam shower and porch facing the creek that runs behind the proper...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mktn
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear mktn,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the staff at our front desk. We will surely share your feedback with them. Also delighted you took advantage of the complimentary bicycles to tool around the local wineries and the town of Yountville.

When next visiting the Napa Valley we look forward to having you back as a guest.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I traveled to wine country in September 2013. I'm a type "A" person and did a lot of research and strategic planning prior to our trip. I ended up booking at this hotel because of its location.

location: Hotel Yountville is smackdab in the middle of wine country. it is located right on highway 29 that goes north and south. We spent our first day visiting wineries north of the hotel. We spent the second day visiting wineries in a radius of our hotel. Our third day was spent south of the hotel.

Lobby/bar/patio: Upon entering the lobby, it looks like it came straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog you are welcomed with fresh fruit infused water and a bar. Although the bar maybe small, they can make any drink you desire. The patio right of the lobby has a homie welcoming feel. My husband and I enjoyed sitting by the fire without glasses of wine.

Rooms: The rooms are also decorated like it just came out to Pottery Barn. Actually, some of the stuff is from Pottery Barn. I suggest a room on the lower level that also has vaulted ceilings. There's not many of those but there are some.

staff: The hotel is also very accommodating. We had a family emergency come up and had to leave early. the Hotel gave us no problem when we had to check out a day early.

pool: We did go visit their pool bit didn't get in it. It's still a beautiful place to sit with a glass of wine by the olive tree and fire feature. The pool area has its own bar.

overall: you cant go wrong wiyh their comfortable beds, luxurious robes, turn down service with chocolates on your pillows, and of course, LOCATION!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Shaylynn0803,

Your positive comments will be shared with our entire staff. We are glad you found them all so accommodating. I do hope all turned out okay with your family emergence.

When you next visit the Napa Valley we look forward to having you back as a guest.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed for the last week of January 2014. Off-season made the entire trip more enjoyable. Grape vines were dormant but I've seen lots of vines and the wine tasted the same as in-season. A local friend who shares a passion for food and wine recommended Yountville as a home base. After 4 days touring the area (my 3rd trip to Napa) I agree completely and will return on all future trips.

Booked a premium suite w/ balcony on the second floor. Able to reserve a room at the back of the property which was absolutely silent and peaceful. Partial view of the mountains. Quality of the furnishings was superb. As if the Four Seasons created a country-style accommodation. Service was low profile but able to accommodate every request and answer all questions.

Definitely a quiet time of year so we only had to share the outdoor fireplace and lounge with one or two other guests. A truly cozy place to sip wine or a single malt.

It's worth noting that after we stopped for lunch at the famous Meadowood (MW) resort, a property we considered staying at (at double the price). They were eager to show us the a couple of rooms near the restaurant. The interior style is similar to Hotel Yountville (HY) but the quality at HY is far superior. Similar room type but HY was larger, with MUCH larger bath, better materials and hardware, heavier doors, quieter, better amenities, and on and on. If you are in the area for food, wine, sightseeing, etc. I would choose HY over Meadowood in a heartbeat. If you need the on-site activities of MW it might be worth the premium.

Didn't try the restaurant or spa. Instead, we enjoyed walking to Bouchon Bakery every morning for breakfast and to the local restaurants at night.

PS: No on-site gym but free access to full center 1/2 a block away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nome2013,

Thank you for all of the positive comments on your recent stay. January is a great time of year to visit the valley as you noted for you avoid the crowds and can enjoy some quiet moments.

We will share your positive comments on with our staff a well.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel on our first trip to Napa and we could not have made a better choice! The room was absolutely adorable with its fireplace and super comfortable bedding, and the hotel grounds were just as inviting. There were multiple pools and fireplaces throughout, near which we enjoyed some wine and cocktails in February. To this day, I have still not had a cocktail that beats the strawberry basil cocktail they offered at the bar. (You HAVE to try one!)

We booked this trip pretty last minute, and were Napa newbies, so I didn't pack a swimsuit to enjoy the hot tub and pool in February. (Make sure you do.) But, we did enjoy spending time sipping our wine next to the gorgeous fire pits, socializing with other vacationers, just as much.

While we didn't have as much time there as we would have liked since it was a weekend trip, I can say our contact with the hotel staff was very pleasant, and our Concierge was so helpful. We are vegetarians and they did everything they could to accommodate our needs. They also helped us book a private wine tour and arranged for a ride to our dinner location after the wine tour was over, complements of the hotel.

The location is also amazing. It's a short distance from all of the great restaurants in Napa and some cute shops as well!

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and we will be back! Thank you Hotel Yountville for making our first stay in Napa a flawless!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Britney,

So glad you chose the hotel for your first visit to the Napa Valley. We do agree there is to much to see and do in just a weekend. We will share your positive comments about our pleasant and helpful staff with our employees.

Please do come back and stay with us on your next visit to Yountville.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I just stayed there with my wife. The hotel is gorgeous and extremelly well located. Walking distance to all major restaurants and a short drive to all wineries. The rooms are just amazing, extremelly well kept. If you are looking to treat yourself for a couple of days, there is no better place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mauro L
Dear Mauro,

Thank you for all the kind words. We look forward to having you back when you once again return to the Napa Valley.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was my first trip to Napa Valley and I have always wanted to go there so my goal was to stay somewhere nice and quaint and I found it!! I got a premire King room and it was so spacious and beautiful and just like the picture shows! Beautiful bed, fireplace, balcony and the most awesome jetted bath tub in a big bathroom! The staff and service was outstanding and their were 3-4 cleaning people who were meticulious when they cleaned the room.

The pool area is fabuous with gas fireplaces and lounging areas with covered drapes and I spent 2 afternoons there lazing in the sun and comfort of the thick padded chairs reading and thinking I was in heaven:)... The location couldn't be better as it is located on the beginning of the main strip of town so you leave the hotel and turn right and ahead are the best restaurants and shopping. Very clean and safe area to walk in and I didn't think twice about meandering around exploring. I met an adorable gal Lisa who just opened a Country Store and she has some very nice things and was personable and even had her husband bring me some bread to try as we were discussing food and how much I love bread. Worth the stop to say hello to her and look around.

The hotel has a great restaurant and I had the best hummus I have ever had with toasted bread points and fresh cucumbers with olive oil and herbs.. Really can't say enough about this hotel and it will always be the highlight of my adventures of staying in a beautiful, cozy place.

PS.. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in and I slept better than I have in years (room 905)... Enjoy every moment and there is so much to see and do in Napa but I found myself in the room with fireplace or in the jacuzzi tub a lot!!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad one but I did splurge on the Premier King room-- 905 and it was per...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear KrodRiguez777,

So glad you enjoyed your stay so much. We will share your comments regarding your meticulously cleaned room, the outstanding service you received and of course the delicious hummus!

We look forward to having you back as a guest when your travels bring you back to Yountville.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was my second trip to Napa, and I could not be happier with the Hotel Yountville. I picked it because of its proximity to The French Laundry, and I loved being able to walk there as well as to many other restaurants, shops and Domaine Chandon, the departure site for Napa Valley Balloons. My deluxe two bedded room was enormous and came complete with a charming fireplace, patio and turndown service with local chocolate. Last but not least, the concierge responded promptly to my requests, booking me a car for winery visits, and providing a discount card to local wineries at check-in.

My only quibble is that the walls are not completely soundproof, but it didn't become an issue.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear ao23,

Thank you for all of your positive comments about the hotel and our location. Delighted you were able to take advantage of the complimentary transportation we provide as well as some of the discounts that our winery partners provide.

Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Bardessono
#4 of 30 in Napa
Auberge du Soleil
Auberge du Soleil
#1 of 2 in Rutherford

Been to Hotel Yountville? Share your experiences!