“Beautiful Hotel with Attention to Detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Yountville

Hotel Yountville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
San Diego, CA, USA
“Beautiful Hotel with Attention to Detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The hotel is at the end of the main street in a quiet area. It is close to the shops and restaurants without having the annoyance of traffic and pedestrians constantly walking by. The staff were amazing, from the front desk clerk to the maids, and everyone in between. Rooms were beautiful, extremely comfortable beds, and incredible attention to detail throughout the property. We wouldn't change a thing and can't wait for an excuse to come back.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room facing the creek, preferably on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoniSD
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear JoniSD,

Glad you could stay with us on your recent visit to the Napa Valley. We will share with our team how you felt the whole staff was amazing. Thanks for the positive feedback.

We look forward to your next visit.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Indonesian first
Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This place is one of my absolute favorites! To start the location is perfect as you can walk to many shops and restaurants. The service was exceptional. My room was beautifully decorated and very spacious with a gas fireplace. The bathroom had a vanity, large jacuzzi tub and great amenities. I was here on business but look forward to going back to enjoy on a vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Travelin2Anywhere,

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and the exceptional service you received. We will share with the whole team. When next visiting the Napa Valley we look forward to having you back as a guest.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here for the "relaxation" leg of a skiing holiday in Lake Tahoe - albeit that we diverted here early given the unseasonal lack of snow.

Beautiful rooms - clean and spacious with comfortable beds and fireplaces; helpful staff - who helped us put together and organise a day's wine-tastings; and a lovely outside pool / hot tub / fire-pit area. Breakfasts also get a mention (our was included in our room deal) - fresh and large portions, with coffee and juice thrown in.

I didn't use the spa or health facilities, but am sure these are lovely too.

The only (very minor) comment is the proximity to the main road (which you can occasionally hear when out by the pool) - but I could have happily stayed much longer and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Try and go for rooms near reception and the bar. These aren't noisy at all, but are more nicely...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear jdingley,

Thank you for the kind words about our helpful staff. We are glad you diverted your way down to Napa and found the Hotel Yountville. Also delighted you found our breakfast so enjoyable.

We look forward to having you back as a guest in the near future.

Long Valley, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We went with clients to Napa and on recommondations from a friend stayed here. Hotel staff was courteous and timely. The gardens aand grounds were very nice. Pool was a bit small, but we didnt even make it in, so not really a big deal. The spa (I got a pedicure) was a little too warm for my liking (think sweating while sitting). Rooms were adequate size, bathrooms were lovely and the fireplace added to tha ambiance. Neither my husband or I found the mattress to be extremely comfortable, but not to a detriment. I was disappointed there was no fitness center on site, and had to go down the road to the only local gym. We will however come again as it was a very good value for the suite.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TammyKelly
Dear TammyKelly,

Thank you for all of your comments on your recent stay. We will share with our team. Glad you found value in the hotel with our service offerings and your suite accommodations.

When you next visit Napa Valley we look forward to having you back as a guest.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This may quite possibly be my favorite hotel. It is understated and simple luxury with exceptional service. For our room, we were able to park our car right outside of our room and our room had an exterior entrance. Ordinarily, I would not choose a hotel with that set up but it's perfect for this one. We had just stayed at a massive resort just prior to our stay here and had to walk and walk to get to our room. It was quite a nice change to only take a few steps to get to our car from our front door, nor have to call for Valet. I would call this a small boutique hotel.

Room: We had a two bed room, not a suit as they were not available when booked. The room was still fabulous. It's like walking into a spa, even had relaxing music playing. We had vaulted ceilings and a nice patio with chairs overlooking the creek. The bathroom is gorgeous- includes a full line of soaps, shampoos, bath salts, etc. with a separate powder room. The bath was a jacuzzi tub/shower that I had a hard time operating, but I think it was just me. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. They also have nice wine glasses in the room and an opener so that you can enjoy your wine in the evening.... and did I mention turn-down service with fantastic dark chocolate left on your pillow?? :)

Location: There are several restaurants that are literally a one minute walk, such as Ad Hoc. There's a restaurant on the property but we didn't try it. Within a very short drive (and actually an easy walk) there is also the Yountville Deli/Market. I would recommend trying the breakfast sandwiches and lunch boxes they make at this deli. There's also shopping nearby and some great wineries all almost within walking distance. The location of this hotel is great.

Staff: So, so pleasant and accommodating. Check-in was a breeze. Interestingly enough, I didn't have a lot of contact with the staff because they make sure you always have what you need before you even have to ask--- that's great service.

Wineries: If you'd really love to learn more about wine, do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment at Hoppers Creek Winery. It's maybe a 3-minute drive just south of the hotel and it was an incredible experience. I've been to Napa multiple times and went to Sonoma too during this trip and I have never learned so much about wine as I did during our stop at Hoppers Creek Winery. It's a very low key and relaxed, casual tasting but oh so interesting. Make sure you have an appointment though.

In case you can't tell.... I can't wait to go back to Napa and I without a doubt will be staying at Hotel Yountville.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
YountVille_MNGT, General Manager at Hotel Yountville, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Kelli02,

Thank you so much for all the great feedback. Our staff prides itself on their low key courteous service so glad you appreciated it. We will share your positive comments with our entire staff.

When next visiting Yountville we look forward to having you as a guest.

Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My new favorite in Wine Country. This newly remodeled resort is by far one of the very best. They have done an EXCEPTIONAL job creating the perfect atmosphere in their rooms, around the pool, the grounds, the lobby, the restaurant...you name it...it's been account for. The lobby and staff were very courteous. They offer a free car service for to guests to get around in the local area. The room we selected was a junior suite with a fireplace, a beautiful canopy bed, a small deck off the back, a spa tub, a huge shower and excellent amenities. Overall, it had a romantic and detailed look that we appreciated. The pool area was the star attraction...besides our great room. The pool is the right size, the hot tub was perfect and it's next to a large fit pit surrounded by day beds and padded loungers next to the spa and restaurant. They have great lighting hanging from the trees and lanterns on the ground to illuminate the area perfectly. It was a little cold on this night and the heaters they use outside are more for "looks" than function. If you weren't directly next to them, you didn't feel it. They should invest in their lamp looking heaters that are all over hotels in Las Vegas or the SLS in Beverly Hills. They would complete the look and provide warmth considering the fire pit was also great but only if you're standing right over it. We had a great breakfast at the hotel as well. We missed the spa so we'll have to do that on our next trip. Overall, this is the type of place I would stay again and again. The location in downtown Yountville is perfect...walking distance to everything you could need. The proximity to wineries is perfect. The grounds were beautiful and the room was exceptional. Both rustic (open beam ceiling and river rock fireplace) and romantic (candles, lanterns in the bath, dimmable lighting and full canopy bed) made this hotel the only place I will stay while in the Valley going forward. I highly recommend you check this out.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for an upgraded room. I had not seen the other rooms but after upgrading myse...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ExitRowAisle,

Thank you for all your positive comments on your recent stay. It appears you were able to enjoy much of what the resort does have to offer. We do appreciate your comments on the heaters as well. We will look into this.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Maybe I'm biased because my fiance ending up proposing to me in the little garden off of our hotel room during our stay here, but the Hotel Yountville was absolutely amazing. Our room was spacious and elegant, yet still felt very cozy and warm (the bathroom with the giant bathtub and steam shower was incredible and I also loved the in-room fireplace and private garden). The location of the hotel is also really convenient; you're walking distance from the top-notch restaurants in Yountville and perfectly situated to do some wine tasting throughout the Valley.

The service was also top notch and I loved that they had a private hotel car that took you to the local restaurants for free in the evening. We had breakfast at the impeccably decorated Hopper Creek Kitchen both mornings and the food was also really, really good. We would stay at the Hotel Yountville again in a heartbeat (I've already told my fiance to plan on staying there for many anniversaries to come!).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kedler224,

Congratulations on your recent engagement! Glad we were able to be part of your very special day. And yes we would love to be your home away from home for all your upcoming wedding anniversaries.

Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Bardessono
#1 of 1 in Rutherford
North Block Hotel
North Block Hotel
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Hotel Yountville? Share your experiences!