“Perfect spot. Gourmet pizza and more”
Review of Redd Wood

Redd Wood
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd Wood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Wilton Manors, Florida, United States
“Perfect spot. Gourmet pizza and more”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The perfect spot to stop for a very tasty meal. Beautiful inside and out! Small menu, but has something for everyone. The food is so visual beautiful and so yummy. High end pizza pasta and tapas Love it

Napa, California
“Delicious food, great service and beautiful surroundings.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my first time at Redd Wood, as a Napa Native and more than familiar in the hospitality industry I've experienced lots of different foods and service. All of the appetizers and entrees we ordered were very fresh and delicious and the desserts were amazing!!! Our Server Tamra was top notch, by far one of the best servers I've ever experienced. She was very knowledgable and extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend Redd Wood and would return to try more of what's on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Cool Place but Very Gluten Unaware”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a charming hotel restaurant in North Yountville run by the folks who run the upscale Redd. It's much more low key than its more expensive sibling. The house specialty is pizza. Their outdoor, courtyard seating is very special, but there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Unless you can't eat gluten.

The hostess told me that my only choice would be the pasta. (?) I knew she was wrong because I've eaten here before. Looking at the salads and solid meat entrees on the menu, I didn't think that she could be right.

As I'd suspected, our server confirmed that two of the four entrees were gluten free. I asked about the others and got a reply about "bread crumbs" and the daily briefing that the staff gets on ingredients. Not wanting to engage the kitchen in altering preparations for me, I selected the half chicken. One of the two recommended choices.

That was a mistake. I spent a miserable evening (details omitted here). Clearly, the gluten free chicken was anything but. Big time. Those of you with a serious intolerance will be familiar with what I'm talking about.

Yountville is a cool place with great restaurants both expensive and less so. Redd Wood is off my list.

• Visited April 2014
Jennifer T, Public Relations Manager at Redd Wood, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Black_Sox_Manager:

We were disappointed to read your review and sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience at Redd Wood. We work very hard to make certain that our entire staff is aware of gluten allergies and what menu items are gluten-free, but we've taken this opportunity to retrain them in this important issue and in our specific offerings. I suspect that the hostess was informing you of the gluten-free pastas that we have available; one of the many ways that we provide alternatives for our guests. In addition, we always offer a few entrees that are gluten-free, including the half roasted chicken, which is 100% gluten-free. Also, please know that it would never be a burden on our kitchen to have done something special for you. We're more than happy to accommodate our guests. We certainly hope that you will consider visiting Redd Wood again in the future.

Regards,

Jennifer
Santa Clara, California
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We had their chopped salad and pizza for lunch . It was very good! Our sever was great and made our experience even better.

Oklahoma
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went for pizza and didn't care for the pizza we ordered. It was the Prosciutto Crudo, Fontina, Arugula, Grana Padano, Black Pepper. The prosciutto was a bit too salty for us. The service was excellent, it was casual and nice atmosphere but would not be on the top of my list of places to go.

Visited April 2014