“Just a lovely place to stay.”
Review of Vintage House

Vintage House
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights and just hated to leave. Clean, lovely grounds, awesome breakfast and a staff that just couldn't do enough for you. Yountville is a great place to stay as the restaurants are first class and most within walking distance. It had been ten years since we last visited Napa and it has changed. Many wineries now require reservations and charge a tasting fee. I called the inn's concierge about a week before our visit and Christina set up our tour appointments and even made restaurant reservations for us. If you stay at the Vintage I highly recommend contacting their concierge to avoid the frustration of driving to vineyards only to find they are booked already for tastings. She also customized the wineries to the type of experience we wanted and let us know ahead of time of any fees. She really made our trip easy--thanks Christina!!!

One tip is to request an interior courtyard room as the property is next to a main road. Being from the DC area the noise didn't bother us, but it could if you are not used to it. However, it should not stop you from staying here. If we go back, we certainly will stay at the Vintage again.

Room Tip: Book a second floor king for no noise above you and the vaulted ceiling. Interior courtyard rooms a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I and our hounds have now stayed at the Vintage Inn 5 or 6 times so we obviously like it. It is well-located in the center of Yountville and thus within an easy walk of almost all of Yountville’s extraordinary restaurants. The grounds are really quite pretty and are immaculately maintained. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Some reviewers found the rooms dated but that was not our experience. The Provencal décor does perhaps seem old fashioned but the condition was impeccable. A few reviewers found the rooms cold but the heat certainly worked in our room—in fact we switched it off at night because it worked too well. Some reviewers also cited road noise and while we did hear an occasional truck on Highway 29 the noise was not bothersome. In fact, I can’t come up with anything to complain about (and I usually can). The breakfast is terrific with lots of choices, nice waffle and omelet stations, and unlimited sparkling wine. The hotel is also dog friendly so we were able to spend the holiday with our hounds. The hotel is not cheap, but discounted rates are often possible. By the standards of pricey, yuppie Yountville the Vintage Inn is almost reasonable. The Vintage Inn is an excellent hotel in a cute town in one of California’s nicest regions—what’s not to like? We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhetor
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great location, walking distance to everything. Beautiful grounds including a swimming pool and hot tub. Rooms are spacious, with real wood fireplaces. And the complimentary breakfast buffets and high teas are delicious!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Yountville is such a quaint town and in the middle is the Vintage Inn. The rooms are perfect! The location is central to everything going on around in Napa. The food is amazing and the service is even better!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Vintage Inn has its pluses and minuses - On the plus side, it is perfectly located in the middle of Yountville within walking distance to many fine restaurants, shopping and a few tasting rooms. The breakfast is very good - great pastries every day, mimosas and bloody marys, and varying hot items. The grounds are beautiful.

On the minus side, it is pricey for what it is. We had an upstairs room in one of the round buildings. Although the room was fresh, it was dated and in need of maintenance. When we arrived at the Inn on a Wednesday, the Inn was about 1/2 full, yet we were given rooms immediately adjacent to the road. The road noise is almost unbearable at times, especially when a truck or motorcycle comes by. I'd bet that the noise wouldn't be so bad if they replaced the windows - cold air pours in at night. We asked to be moved and were told that they had no rooms available (remember the place was only 1/2 full when we asked - making us feel like their better customers were arriving for weekend stays). If this was a $250/night hotel, it wouldn't be so disappointing, but for the $500+ a night we were charged, I will not be back.

Room Tip: Get an interior room near the pool (which is the farthest away from the road)
Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SherryE15
Jeff S, Manager at Vintage House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear SherryE15,

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and our location in the beautiful Town of Yountville, and thank you for your comments regarding our grounds, I'll be sure to pass this on to our landscaping team.
I'm sorry to hear of the road noise and cold drafts you experienced in your room. Cold air and that level of noise should not be seeping in from around the windows. Please be assured this feedback will be forwarded to our engineering department and the appropriate action taken.
I certainly hope that you will accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit. If you are planning a return trip to the Valley contact me directly as I would love to have you experience one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you for your time and feedback.
Jeff Smith
707-945-4566

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not cheap - but nothing is in Napa! The food is excellent and the rooms charming. It does get chilly at night in the rooms. The setting is great on the resort and very clean (no litter anywhere). The bar is somewhat limited and shuts at about 11pm - as does the whole town. Would I recommend it? I would but beware - it is expensive and not for those seeking a wild time. But who does when they go to Napa? Make sure to book a room awsy from the road.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I have started here a number of times over the past few years. Rooms are nice (I didn't find them "dated" as one reviewer noted), and very spacious. Pool is fantastic, but the real reason to stay here is the BREAKFAST. I was disappointed to see, however, that rates have skyrocketed in the past year. On our most recent visit we paid just over $300, and I'm now seeing rates of $500+ for one night!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
North Block Hotel
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville
Wine Country Inn & Cottages

Been to Vintage House? Share your experiences!