“Very good for breakfast”
Review of Bouchon Bakery

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Yountville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Highly acclaimed chef Thomas Keller (of The French Laundry) is behind this beautiful Yountville restaurant. Enjoy excellent French bistro cuisine in a dining room offering wonderful Parisian ambiance. We invite you to visit Bouchon Bakery, an authentic, country-style boulangerie located next door Bouchon Bistro. The Bakery serves traditional French breads and pastries and is open from 7am - 7pm daily.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were staying nearby for a few days and came here to get breakfast every day. Yes this is not going to be your cheapest place for a croissant and some coffee, but it might be the best. Probably on a par with Baker & Spice in London but with some nice people serving there, which makes all the difference. Great coffee, great service, great pastries and always very popular. If you happen to be in Yountville it's well worth trying a few things - macaroons and Monkey bread are great.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,730)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Sure what is, but when you get to hang the Keller name on your front door you better bring it. Unfortunately our experience was not up to snuff. Main issue? Service. We were seated in the corner, normally a nice table to secure however it was noisy and our waitress made a few mistakes. 1 salad brought instead of the two ordered. One refill on drinks instead of the two ordered. Also, lots of time in between checks. "how are things", etc. She offered to pay for the missed drink. Brownie points for her and helped her obtain a better tip. However, when things are noisy you recite the order back to the table. Takes a few seconds and ensures accuracy. Ultimately, the meal and drinks were fine but the measure these days of a restaurant, let alone one created by an icon is whether it draws a return or a glowing recommendation. Unfortunately this Keller rendition will not.

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Do yourself a favor and stay by this bakery. You will not be disappointed. We were hooked during our visit to Yountville. We were at this bakery every day!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went with a group for lunch. I ordered the BLT. No bacon whatsoever on the sandwich. Staff is rude but the place is packed. But the macaroons re to die for. Never in my life have I had a macaroon like this. I had the salted caramel. If I had known the sandwiches were going to be bad, I would have ordered 6 macaroons. heavenly!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice French bistro, great food. I was more than happy to eat at the bar. Pro tip - sooo busy, get here early. I had an extremely good time and superb food here. Go here.