“Great Place for Lunch or Dinner”
Review of R+D Kitchen

R+D Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Description: Local favorite in the heart of Napa Valley. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Reubenesque Sandwich, the Chicken and Spinach Salad, and our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascapone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My brother, who lives in CA, recommended this newer restaurant. He said that we needed to try thier pork sandwich and we were not disappointed. It was delicious. We also recommend the appetizer they serve with the two dips. We went back a second them for the Thai salad and the chicken sandwish. Again, both were delicious. A great spot while in Napa Valley.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a nice friendly place from the front door right through the meal. The landscaping, water features and outside bar areas blend nicely together, so your in a great mode before heading inside.
The menu fits onto a small card with a limited range of selections, all of which sounded very good. With only the ability to try one at a time, we opted for a sliced beef dish and fries and their Greek spiced roasted chicken. Well prepared and tasty with too much salt for our palate. Try their white and red wine on tap. Who said wine has to come out of a bottle with a cork?
No room for deserts but they looked good.
Only complaint: no grilled artichokes that are served at their Los Altos Grill.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was a really nice spot for lunch on a rainy afternoon when we were taking a day off from wineries. The space is warm and inviting. The service was friendly and prompt. The food was well prepared, fresh and tasty. The salads were exceptionally tasty with very fresh ingredients and great dressing. The draught beer was welcome after two days of wineries. You really can't go wrong in Yountville but this is a great lunch spot.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Overall, our dinners were just ok. I was surprised by their menu. Its rather small, but definitely has something for everyone. What I thought was odd, is they do not seem to have any actual "appetizers". They do have salads, however I did not order one. My husband got their spaghetti and chicken meatballs. I've never seen spaghetti with broccoli, but whatever. The portion for him was on the smaller side and he said my spaghetti was better. I ordered the meatloaf. It was pretty good, however I must have gotten a center peice, because I felt the meat was a little undercooked, so I mostly ate around the edge. With that said, we each ordered a dessert. My husband said the carrot cake was delicious and even said my hot fudge sundae was AMAZING. And it was!!! Just vanilla ice cream and hot fudge with some whipped cream. But it was the best I've ever had!!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was an excellent restaurant with extremely attentive servers, good prices, fair portions, excellent restaurant layout with outside seating and a walkup bar outside - even had TV's by the bar inside to catch the football game. Nobody will accuse them of "big plate, little food" because the portions are generous and great quality.