“Breakfast for Dinner!” 5 of 5 bubbles

R+D Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Description: Local favorite in the heart of Napa Valley. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Reubenesque Sandwich, the Chicken and Spinach Salad, and our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascapone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Breakfast for Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were just married in Napa in May and our first night in town wanted to go out to dinner with my parents. We were at Elizabeth Spencer Winery and asked for a recommendation and they unanimously recommended R+D Kitchen.
We were able to get a reservation using OpenTable and were immediately greeted with a smile from the hostess at the door. The decor is gorgeous and we couldn't take our eyes off of the beautiful bar.
Service was great, but hands down my favorite part of the evening was the omelet I ordered for dinner. I was hesitant to order it because I had traveled to Belgium months earlier and one of my favorite memories of that trip were the omelets I had for dinner! I was afraid I wold be disappointed and it wouldn't measure up to my perfect french omelet I had in Chimay.
Luckily I was not disappointed and I was immediately transported back to my happy memories of Belgium. The omelet was served with really thick, fried toast. Toast will never be the same again for me...
My parents liked the restaurant so much they went back for lunch a few days later.

Visited May 2014

Discovery Bay, California
“Nice for lunch...but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to lunch at R&D in Yountville. It has a wonderful menu, a very nice ambiance....and no corkage! My only "But"......it was a beautiful day and when we asked to eat outside....and there were lots of empty tables. Our hostess said "the outside tables are for drinks only...no food allowed". I thought that was strange, so I asked why? Her reply, "I don't know, that what they told me".

1 Thank CaptainStevers
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Didn't need reservations. Promptly shown to a large booth for our party of three. NO corkage fee!!! The food was outstanding and cooked to perfection. I think i was beside myself with the dessert though. Very trendy little place but not overbearing nor stuffy. Matt was very attentive. Very nice facility. Fire pits outside a nice touch. I'd go again and again. Why can't we have a place like this in Charlotte?

Calgary
“Excellent Food Wonderful Servers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

You are acknowledged the minute you walk in and you are in for a treat as the food is great. Atmosphere very nice. I had the most delicious piece of carrot cake for dessert that I am still thinking about. Good restaurant for a big feed as the portions are big!

Visited May 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Lunch with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We enjoyed an amazing lunch with friends of 25 years in Yountville. They recommended this restaurant to us. We enjoyed together a bottle of Schramsberg sparkling rose. Didn't disappoint. We also shared a dip duo. Terrific. Two of us enjoyed the Mediterranean Tuna salad with ahi tuna, mixed greens, goat cheese and cucumber. The guys had a rainbow roll and Loup de Mer. Time with friends and amazing food, made this a memorable occasion in Yountville. Rebecca, 135 our server did a great job.