“Sustained Excellence!”

Cross street: Creek Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Sustained Excellence!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Ten year from its inception the French Laundry is still an outstanding experience worth paying $1200 for dinner. I would prefer if they decorated the bare walls but besides the drab decor the food and service are among the best in the world

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
“Perfect way to end my twenties and start my 30s”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I took a trip to Napa/SF for my 30th. I really really wanted to get reservations at the famous French Laundry so I tried American Express concierge/Visa Signature, but to no avail. I finally just called for about an hour and got through-approximately 50 calls. I felt like I won the lottery when there was a reservation for two available for the dates we were traveling. This meal was incredible. I did the vegetarian option and I was not disappointed. It is a steep price for vegetables, but it WOW. Simply WOW. We enjoyed the presentation and taste and flavor combinations of the food was unlike anything we've ever had. Even more impressive was the level of unsurpassed service by the wait staff. Undoubtedly they take their work seriously with a lot of pride as they precisely explained the composition and components of each dish. Their knowledge about the dishes was impressive and they were friendly/accommodating as well. PERFECT 30th celebration.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank shivie28
Austin, Texas
“Better Than I Imagined”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My fiancée and I had an unforgettable dinner at The French Laundry on the day of our engagement. They immediately congratulated us when we arrived and several more times after we were seated. The entire staff, especially Alex, was friendly and knowledgeable. The tasting menu was wonderful. Each dish was creative, unique, and amazing. The wine that was recommended to us by Alex paired perfectly with the meal. We look forward to another wonderful meal at The French Laundry next time we are in Napa Valley.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Todd_512
University of Mississippi
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When we made the reservation we ordered the chef's tasting menu - 19 courses (just a sampling of each course, but together more than enough,) each prepared exactly right. It's expensive, but there's value in the food, the presentation, and the service. The food was, as another reviewer said, unique and extremely creative. Each serving produced waves of flavor each blending with the next. It took us 6.5 hours to complete the meal with breaks for wine in the garden before and after the "meat" courses.

The service was exceptional. The wait staff was attentive and friendly, but did not hover.

All in all, certainly one of the best dining experiences I've had.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kennebunklegal
Sacramento, California
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The well-known French Laundry with top chef Thomas Keller at the helm, does not disappoint an any aspect of the experience. The food is, without question, very unique and extremely creative. It is a minimum nine course tasting menu that leaves you wanting mor of what you just ate until you get the next plate and then you want more of that. The service is impeccable. The atmosphere is classy. It is expensive and shoud be saved for a special occasion for those who don't usually spend over $500.00 for dinner for two without wine.

Visited April 2014