“A very good meal”
Review of Redd

Redd
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
New York City, New York
“A very good meal”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Every year we visit and tour the local area .Every year we make a point of having dinner here.
We have never been disappointed. It is always a tough decision to decide what to have.
This year between my wife and myself we had the Fried local oysters and Duck confit as appetizers followed by the Spicy pork tenderloin and the Duck breast for our entrees.
Unfortunately time did not permit a second visit this trip.
This will be corrected next year

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Okvik1

• Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great meal, Great Service”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went to this restaurant with my son, who picked it and made the reservation. We had reserved a table outside, but it was quite early, just when the restaurant opened for dinner, and there were two babies and a toddler on the patio, with one baby doing quite a bit of crying. After we were seated, we requested to move inside, where we didn't see any children, and were initially told we'd have to sit in the bar area, so we stayed put, but it got worse, so we went inside. The hostess said she had one table left in the dining area, so we lucked out. I honestly cannot believe that people think its a good idea to bring babies here, where other people are spending so much money, and it ruins the atmosphere, I certainly would not have done so.

It is a very lovely, California elegant but casual setting. There were people dressed up, but also some in tee shirts and jeans.

We were offered an appetizer dish of tuna "collar", there were only two made per evening, and it was delicious. We ended up sharing a few appetizers, a salad and an entree of skate wing. Everything was prepared wonderfully, and the dishes spaced out nicely. We were never rushed or hurried. The only dish I didn't love was the skate wing…I thought that the onion broth it was served in was overly flavorful for the delicacy of the skate, and overpowered it a bit.

The appetizer of tuna and avocado was perfect, and a lovely salad of asparagus, greens, goat cheese, and fresh peas with an orange poppy seed dressing were delicious, and a lovely combination, as the waiter guessed and brought together.

The waiter was charming, took his time with us, and was very patient when a friend joined us just at dessert, after we'd refused dessert and gotten the check. Well, we changed our minds, and that was fine.

I would definitely return to this lovely spot. Worth the price, for sure, a lovely time and memory for myself and my son.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank mpm6228
New Orleans, Louisiana
“will not return...too many other wonderful restaurants in the Yountville area”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a party of 8 that had dinner there while in the area. We made our reservation 6 months prior to arrival and when we arrived we were informed that our reservation was outside. The hostess was rude and told us that we made that decision when we called months ago. Having never been advised that there was the possibility of being outside she was not offering any other accommodations.We sat outside decided to leave after appetizers when the waiter said he would speak to the manager. Eventually after coming inside the service was mediocre and food overpriced and average.Very disappointed in our evening. We will not return to Redd next year.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tumm14
Maryland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We shared a bottle of wine and ordered a variety of appetizers so that we could taste several things. Everything was yummy, but the steamed pork buns are to die for!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nuwest222
United States
“Maintaining Excellence”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Redd accommodated our party of 8 quite handily. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The space is a bit sterile - not as cool as the modern Lucy or as comfortable as Bottega. It's loud, but not as loud as Bouchon. I hope those comparisons are helpful.

The food was just as good as I recalled - which allowed me to arrive with high expectations and have it maintained.

I would not miss a trip to Yountville without a visit to Redd.

Visited April 2014