“Best in Napa Valley”
Review of Redd

Redd
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We always visit Redd when we visit Napa Valley twice a year from Los Angeles. We have consistently have had great meals.

There are newer reviews for Redd

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After several visits, we consider Redd to be one of the Bay Area’s, let alone the Napa Valley’s, very best restaurants. It is extremely popular among locals, a good sign in a food/wine destination.

The chef composes rich, creative dishes, thoughtfully combining textures and matching flavors in unexpected ways, adding complexity that makes you continue to think about the dish after first experiencing a "wow". The wide-ranging menu has many vegetarian options, and they are comfortable modifying others or creating something distinct that is not on menu. All ingredients are of the highest quality - even salads are outstanding - temperatures are hit to perfection, seasoning is brilliant, even when subtle. Their shortribs are incredible, and they use them in several creative ways (including short-rib enchiladas with mole sauce; and a short-rib sandwich that combines sweet flavors with hot horseradish sauce and crispy onion strings). Other highlights are their seared scallops w/roasted cauliflower & chanterelles, and rich risottos. Creative desserts are prepared by a strong pastry chef.

Service is outstanding and friendly across the board. We are always well cared for by Devon, Brittany, and Ryan, and the waitstaff is knowledgeable (excellent recommendations based on what YOU like) and very attentive.

Prices are surprisingly low for a restaurant of this caliber.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was not in the mood to go to a nice restaurant after a long day on the road getting into Napa. My wife had to drag me in.

Our waiter, I apologize for not remembering his name, recommended the sole. I told him I wanted to drink a cabernet, despite the fact that I was having fish and he recommended one without hesitation.

The fish and the wine were both excellent. In fact, I think this was the best fish dish I have ever had. It was served on a bed of risotto and the sauce was foam. If we had time, I would have eaten twice.

The service was excellent and friendly. No attitude at all when I ordered red wine with the fish. I left in a much better mood than when we arrived.

We like to try new places when in Napa, but Redd will be the exception to that rule whenever we visit. We will always reserve one dinner at Redd.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love this restaurant and its location is great. The staff is very friendly and put up with us after we had been at the wineries all day. The best thing here is the Pork belly appetizer, it is phenomenal. Worth the visit for it alone.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The menu had some interesting dishes. We loved the stuffed squash flowers and the wild striped bass. Check out the menu online.

Only down side was the noise in the dining room. We had difficulty hearing each other around the table (for 4) above the general noise.