“A unique concept” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc
Reserve with OpenTable
Ad Hoc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 28 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
chicago, IL
“A unique concept”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Every night the menu changes and you don't know what you will have. Luckily we had a fantastic meal, salad was great, filet cooked to perfection and the cupcake to die for

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“A disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I were very much looking forward to our dinner at Ad Hoc after two foodie friends of ours raved about it; however, everyone in our group of six agreed that we wouldn't return in the future after our somewhat pathetic experience here.

To start the evening, we had an 8:15 p.m. reservation but weren't seated until 8:50 p.m. We understand that these things happen, but there was no apology from the host, and she seemed annoyed that we asked twice how things were coming along.

The dinner itself was average. Our wedge salad was fine, but I could easily make a better one at home, and I'm not that great of a cook. The fried chicken is very high quality and the breading is delicious, so I will give them that. We were really disappointed when we were served roasted potatoes and green and red peppers instead of the creamed corn and roasted carrots that were on the menu. The server brought them out and said, "Sorry, we ran out of the corn and carrots." The substitute was lame, and again, I could make better. It seemed like they rounded up some leftover veggies they had in the kitchen put no thought into cooking them. The third course was a wedge of cheese with some nuts and honey. I get better cheese at Whole Foods. At this point I just felt like the chef and kitchen is lazy. We at least left on a high note with the butterscotch pudding and pecan sandies, but the chicken and pudding would not bring me back to this place.

Our friends have not dined at Ad Hoc when they've served fried chicken on a Monday night, so maybe the non-fried chicken nights are better. I know our group will not be returning in the future, and would much rather dine at a place that puts some thought into their food. There is nothing "wow" about this establishment.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Storrs, Connecticut
“Family style fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

A fantastic meal served family style. I love the simplicity (just one menu daily, featuring what's fresh and seasonal) and the food was top notch. We started out with a great salad, moved on to mains (an INCREDIBLE tarragon roast chicken), we added the New York strip, which was pretty good but nothing special, and thoroughly enjoyed the cheese course and ice cream sundaes for dessert. I would love to come back, though I thought the service left a little bit to be desired. It was totally competent and friendly enough, just felt a little awkward (and perhaps that was just me).

• Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

There is nothing else to say. I was a little nervous about letting people choose what I was going to eat for me, but I'm so glad that I did. It's just such an awesome concept that they serve a whole 5-6 course meal complete with wine pairings...delicious.

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“A winning formula”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a lovely Sunday dinner at Ad Hoc. Our menu was a chicory smoked lardon salad w poached egg, the tarragon roasted chicken with mushroom risotto and vegetables, followed by a cheese course and make your own vanilla sundae to finish. We elected to have the matching wines, which we enjoyed. There was the option of an additional steak, but we certainly didn't need it, the set menu is generous.
The kitchen uses great ingredients and the food was well prepared. Even though everyone is having the same meal - it still needs to be timed for each table, and each of our dishes arrived freshly cooked/prepared. It was wholesome and delicious and we really enjoyed it. The service was enthusiastic and attentive.
A great start to our Napa eating experience

• Visited July 2014