“Yes please on the fried chicken”
Review of Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc
Reserve with OpenTable
Ad Hoc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
ft. lauderdale, florida
“Yes please on the fried chicken”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Oh my. Not being fried chicken enthusiasts we were pleasantly surprised by an amazing dinner with incredible wine pairings. Not that we were surprised after reading so much hype about Ad Hoc, and visiting other Thomas Keller restaurants over the years. Very pleasant service and a really nice staff. Food was all served family style, and plenty of it. We hope to go back to explore some of the other delicious food prepared there.

• Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The most amazing meal I have had in my 43 years!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The food was AMAZING! This place that should be on everyone's bucket list PERIOD! We also did the wine pairings and the chef really outdid him/herself!

Alexandria, Virginia
“A Must Eat Location in both Valleys”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

On vacation, my party of four dined at Ad Hoc on our last evening in the wine valleys. Thomas Keller has a few different locations. We thought about dining at the French Laundry, but for over $250 per person on the prix fixe menu, we thought it really not worth our time. I love food; I love good food; but that's a little crazy to me. Ad Hoc is much more reasonable, at only $45 per person for a prix fixe dinner.

We were super excited about the menu the night we dined at Ad Hoc. Some in our party aren't big sea food lovers, and many nights there's at least one sea food item. The night we were there, no seafood. They had a fresh bruschetta and tomato bisque for an appetizer. One bowl of soup per person and a four well portioned bruschetta portions.

Dinner was a pork chop with grilled peaches, grits, and greens. Simply delicious. It comes out family style, in one large frying pan. It was a perfect amount of food for the four of us.

Dessert was a multi-layer chocolate cake. Light cake, fresh cream - it was amazing.

We had a Red Car Syrah - recommended by the waiter. Went very well with every portion of dinner.

If you can get a reservation, make it, and eat there. Maybe more than once. They change the menu every day.

Chicago, Illinois
“A unique concept”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Every night the menu changes and you don't know what you will have. Luckily we had a fantastic meal, salad was great, filet cooked to perfection and the cupcake to die for

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“A disappointing experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I were very much looking forward to our dinner at Ad Hoc after two foodie friends of ours raved about it; however, everyone in our group of six agreed that we wouldn't return in the future after our somewhat pathetic experience here.

To start the evening, we had an 8:15 p.m. reservation but weren't seated until 8:50 p.m. We understand that these things happen, but there was no apology from the host, and she seemed annoyed that we asked twice how things were coming along.

The dinner itself was average. Our wedge salad was fine, but I could easily make a better one at home, and I'm not that great of a cook. The fried chicken is very high quality and the breading is delicious, so I will give them that. We were really disappointed when we were served roasted potatoes and green and red peppers instead of the creamed corn and roasted carrots that were on the menu. The server brought them out and said, "Sorry, we ran out of the corn and carrots." The substitute was lame, and again, I could make better. It seemed like they rounded up some leftover veggies they had in the kitchen put no thought into cooking them. The third course was a wedge of cheese with some nuts and honey. I get better cheese at Whole Foods. At this point I just felt like the chef and kitchen is lazy. We at least left on a high note with the butterscotch pudding and pecan sandies, but the chicken and pudding would not bring me back to this place.

Our friends have not dined at Ad Hoc when they've served fried chicken on a Monday night, so maybe the non-fried chicken nights are better. I know our group will not be returning in the future, and would much rather dine at a place that puts some thought into their food. There is nothing "wow" about this establishment.

• Visited August 2014