“Nice hotel in a nice location”

Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is a nice hotel located in a nice location. Yreka is a beautiful city in itself, the hotel is nestled on top of a hill over-looking I-5, mountains, hills. The room is big and clean. The breakfast is awesome! It's one of the best breakfast I had while staying in a hotel. Highly recommended

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Allan B
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guest

I appreciate your time and kind comments to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and our breakfast appetizing. I will share your comments with our staff to boost their moral to provide Great Hotels Guest Love.

Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I just had to stay at this hotel for a baseball tournament. The first night our TV did not work and they were unable to fix it. The manager was finally going to come down but at that point it was too late. I had three kids with me and we were nearing bedtime. The next day I had to call to make another nights reservations because of the tournament. Talked to the guy and all was good for the room I needed(2 queen beds). Got a return call that they needed to upgrade to a 2 queen suite but it was the same price, so no problem. When I went to check in, they told me they only had a king suite. And then the 3 people behind the counter basically attacked me telling me that I heard the guy wrong and he offered me a king suite on the phone, told me I was welcome to go somewhere else. As I am standing there with my kids ready to check in and without a lot of options, I took the king. This room had two TVs is in it. One didn't have a remote so we called down and they said look everywhere. We did and never found it! The next morning as I was leaving the guy I originally spoke with on the phone was there and confirmed he did reserve the 2 queen suite for me. No manager there to complain too, of course!
All in all I was disappointed with this hotel. Considering the price I expected more and the service to come with it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tiffany K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Tiffany K,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

I'm sorry if your stay with us didn't live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any incovenience the reservation has caused you and we deeply regret the dissatisfaction you had with the service provided by our staff.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My 10 year old and I stayed one night in a King room at this 2.5 star hotel. Room 302 was clean and spacious; decor colors a bit drab/sad/dark. The room was an okay value for the Advance Purchase non-refundable rate of $101.99. The rate included complimentary parking, wireless, and hot breakfast. Location was not ideal with gas and restaurants being an exit or two south of I-5. Check-in was okay. We used the guest laundry machines, which were $1.50 per load for the washer and per load for the dryer. (Days Inn in KS charged only $1 for each load. Oxford Suites in Portland charged $1.25 for each load.) Breakfast was convenient and included bacon, eggs with American cheese, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, cereal, breads, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cinnamon rolls. Light bulbs in lamps near bed need to be replaced. Air on the third floor was not circulating/working. It was very hot until you get to your room where the AC works. Elevator was extremely slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 3onaTrip
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear 3onaTrip,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We just spent the night in room 207. It was a greeat room. Beautifully decorated, comfortable beds, huge size, great bathroom, quite as could be. Looks to be new but was built five years ago. Heidi was great checking us in and recommended "Poor Georges" for breakfast and it was the best breakfast we have had in years. We stay in Holiday Inn Expresses all the time and this is the best one we have visited in more than 20 years!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eur0star
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Guest
We appreciate your time and kind comments to review our Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to serving your hotel needs next time you are in the area. Our staff is glad to provide the Great hotels Guest Love.

Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed here for one night whiile traveling north. The hotel is on the north end of town and is easy to access from the freeway. The room was exactly what I expected. It was nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast area was good sized and they had a nice variety of foods to choose from. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for one that faces away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank grove911
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest

We appreciate your sweet comments to rate our hotel staff and services. We wish you the best of holiday season and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We travel through here a couple times a year and find this hotel to be the perfect restful stop for us. It is always updated and clean and efficient. The staff is polite and there are always enough helpers. It has everything you need in terms of heated pool, free parking, wifi, office space, fitness center and a decent continental breakfast. We will continue to make his the future halfway stopping point on our trips back to 'Grandma's house."

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lara W

Dear Guest

We are glad to hear that we make the halfway point to visit Grandma. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to serve your lodging needs for many trips to come.

Thank you.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stopped here on our way to AZ & then stopped again on return trip. Quick check in, friendly knowledgeable staff, great recommendation for the restaurant in town called "Strings". Good food, ate here twice. Rooms are large, clean, beds are ok, refer, micro, & coffeemaker in the room, bathroom has ample counter space, continental breakfast had numerous items to choose from, the dining area is neat & clean and the attendant friendly. This is a good 1 night stopover, right on I-5. would stay here again.

Room Tip: May want to ask for room on backside of hotel, just to be away from highway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda e

Dear Guest

We appreciate your time and kind comments to review our Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to serving your hotel needs next time you are in the area. Our staff is glad to provide the Great hotels Guest Love.

Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area