“Beautiful Hotel!!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Apple Valley, California
“Beautiful Hotel!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here twice, once on our way to Canada, and then on our return home from Canada. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and safe. The hotel was well lit and it was so easy to find, right off the freeway! They offer an extended continental breakfast with toast, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, boiled eggs, sausage, eggs and more!! It is so nice to find a hotel that actually caters to the guest. I would recommend this hotel to all who would be traveling this way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest

We appreciate your kind comments and value your opinion. We look forward to serving your hotel needs next time you are visiting our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bucks
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This hotel is fairly new with nice large rooms, friendly staff and a reasonable breakfast. Lovely views all round and easy access from the freeway. internet connection very slow, to such an extent that it caused some problems with email. This needs to be fixed. The other thing to note is that Yreka is a very small town and there are not many options for eating if arriving late - we were very grateful to find the Black bear diner still open at 9.45 after driving down main street; all was good here. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful Siskiyou Mountain views of Yreka. I am sorry to hear about the internet connection and speed. We are working with our network provider to fix these recent issues and hope to have it resolved soon.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are traveling through Yreka

Sacramento
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed here for the night and the hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. The rooms are fairly new and up to date the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was the usual HIE type and was fine. I was traveling for work so I need to use the internet.

My only complaint is the internet connection. I tried for about an hour and a half to check my email and it would disconnect and drop out. I even called the desk and got a cable to connect directly rather than wi fi. I was surprised to find the cable connection was not connected to the internet so it did not work. Finally the wifi began to work at about 7:30 pm although painfully slow. It took about 5 min just to open my email. I did a couple of speed tests and found my connection was only 55k which is slower than dial-up. The worst part was that the hotel was only about 15% full so imagine what it must be like when they are full.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank beach942
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Guest

We appreciate your time to review our hotel. I have read your comments about the internet service issue you had during your stay and apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. I know the importance of the internet very well and understand your frustration. I have shared your findings and time frame with our service provider and hope for a speedy diagnosis of the issue. We hope to see you next time you are traveling through our town.

Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The five stars is based on the class it competes in. The hotel must be quite new. Everything was neat and clean and not at all shopworn. The breakfast was typical for the mid-range hotels, too much fat and starch, but what there was was well prepared, particularly the mini omelettes.

We booked a room with one bed and were given a room with two beds. When I went down to ask for a switch, the clerk was most apologetic (even though this was a minor thing) and put us in a suite at no extra charge. The staff were all very pleasant, especially Tasha. who should get a gold star for being helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay on east side away from freeway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

We appreciate your time and kind comments to rate our staff and services. We are delighted that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We wish you best of holiday season and hope to see you soon.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Loved the room. Nice layout, clean, and comfortable beds. Microwave and refrigerator in the room. Huge bathroom with Bath and Body Works products.

A little more expensive than a Portland-area HIE we had just stayed in. Clearly the pricing is set for weary travelers that want a place to spend a night while en-route. It was two in the morning, so we almost didn't care how much it was. We'd also stayed here before so knew what to expect.

BIGGEST DRAWBACK: Disappointing breakfast. If you don't mind a limited-choice continental breakfast, you'll be fine. Otherwise, hit Black Bear Diner two exits down.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cruise_Addict
Dear Guest

We are glad to hear that you liked our hotel staff and clean room. I am disappointed that you did not like our breakfast selection to be appetizing. We have made some changes to our breakfast item selection and hope you are able to enjoy it during your next stay with us.

Aloha
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel located in a nice location. Yreka is a beautiful city in itself, the hotel is nestled on top of a hill over-looking I-5, mountains, hills. The room is big and clean. The breakfast is awesome! It's one of the best breakfast I had while staying in a hotel. Highly recommended

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Allan B
Dear Guest

I appreciate your time and kind comments to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and our breakfast appetizing. I will share your comments with our staff to boost their moral to provide Great Hotels Guest Love.

Manager
Red Bluff, California
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I just had to stay at this hotel for a baseball tournament. The first night our TV did not work and they were unable to fix it. The manager was finally going to come down but at that point it was too late. I had three kids with me and we were nearing bedtime. The next day I had to call to make another nights reservations because of the tournament. Talked to the guy and all was good for the room I needed(2 queen beds). Got a return call that they needed to upgrade to a 2 queen suite but it was the same price, so no problem. When I went to check in, they told me they only had a king suite. And then the 3 people behind the counter basically attacked me telling me that I heard the guy wrong and he offered me a king suite on the phone, told me I was welcome to go somewhere else. As I am standing there with my kids ready to check in and without a lot of options, I took the king. This room had two TVs is in it. One didn't have a remote so we called down and they said look everywhere. We did and never found it! The next morning as I was leaving the guy I originally spoke with on the phone was there and confirmed he did reserve the 2 queen suite for me. No manager there to complain too, of course!
All in all I was disappointed with this hotel. Considering the price I expected more and the service to come with it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiffany K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Tiffany K,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

I'm sorry if your stay with us didn't live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any incovenience the reservation has caused you and we deeply regret the dissatisfaction you had with the service provided by our staff.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M