“Gracious Hospitality”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Parker, CO
“Gracious Hospitality”
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Recently, my sister and I, hosted a 50th anniversary party for my parents at the Holiday Inn Express in Yreka. The meeting room we used was very nice and we were delighted with the gracious assistance we received from the manager Ravi and his staff. While we didn't actually stay overnight it's hard to imagine that the same hospitality wouldn't extend to all their overnight guests as well. The guest rooms I did see when booking the meeting room were nice and new and sqeaky clean. If you're planning a special occasion, definitely take a look here.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
California
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Amy the front desk receptionist was fully professional, courteous, and really convinced us as a family to stick with this hotel chain when we travel!
Everything about the hotel is excellent. The rooms are impecably clean and comfortable. Just a delight. Plus, they offer a great breakfast in the morning! And for those who like to keep in shape on the way, there's a great gym and pool to use!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Long Island ,NY
Reviewed 18 December 2009

We stopped here for three days in late April/early May 2009. We had no reservation and pulled in about 4:30 PM after making a call on the way to make sure rooms were available. We first checked out a room that was available--looked great--very clean. A rate was quoted for the room with two double beds and after a little discussion we received a lower rate--very satisfied. Our stay was enjoyable. The beds, room decor, large flat screen TV, the marble bathroom, room lighting, all made our stay comfortable. Liked the shower-a big thing with us.The next morning I asked for another stand for our second suitcase and it was there when we came in later in the day. Over all the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was fine with a decent variety of breakfast staples--good but not fancy.We didn't use the pool or fitness center but they look good. We used the computer center a few times to check e-mail and print out our boarding passes for our flight the evening before we checked out and everything went well. Be aware that our stay was made nicer by the fact that there were very few people there during our stay. I believe this helped us to get a better rate. All the motels in the area had rooms available. Also we might have had trouble getting a computer to use-- I think there were two--if it had been more crowded. No matter we will try to stay here when we are in area again i.e assuming the rate isn't too high. But that said, we would pay a little more to stay here considering other similar priced motels we have stayed

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 22 October 2009

nice clean comfortable lodging right off I-5. Complimentary breakfast was nothing fancy but good.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Northern California
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My husband and I shared a room with two queen beds with our adult son while we were in Yreka to attend a wedding and we could not be happier with our experience at this hotel. The service from the front desk was outstanding. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable, with nice furnishings and good beds. The complimentary breakfast was quite good. The refrigerator in our room was superb; they usually aren't cold enough, but this one worked very well, keeping our beverages deliciously frosty. I loved having a microwave for making tea, because if I have to use the coffee maker to heat the water my tea picks up coffee oils from the coffee maker's basket and it spoils the taste of the tea. I also used the microwave to heat a cup of milk before bed and to heat a breakfast roll in the morning, so it was a real convenience that many hotels lack.

We've stayed in a number of different quality hotels in the SF Bay area and this Holiday Inn was every bit as good. It looks significantly better than the other hotels in Yreka and had the best reviews when we researched all the current hotel choices over the internet. We've previously used four of the other hotels when visiting Yreka and were much more satisfied with this Holiday Inn. We look forward to staying at this hotel on future visits to the area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Ca
Reviewed 20 September 2009

The look of the hotel was very nice looking on the inside and out. The price was good. There were a few things that were a little disappointing. I reserved a room with a king bed about a month in advance. I called a few days before my arrival to confirm and they could not find my reservation. When I called them back with the confirmation number they found my resevation under a name that was COMPLETELY spelled wrong. So confirmation done. No harm. When we finally got to the hotel, we get in our room and there are two queen beds and not the single king bed that I reserved and confirmed. When I called the front desk they couldn't do anything about it because the hotel was full. I was slightly annoyed since, not only did I reserve the room a month early, I confirmed my reservation a few days before I got there. To top it all off I get in the shower and there is huge hairball in the corner!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Benicia, Ca
Reviewed 16 August 2009

The hotel is new - about a year old, I believe - so it is one of the upgraded HI Express properties - flat screen TV, fridge, microwave. It's on the east side of Hwy 5 - a freeway exit away from restaurants, etc. LIke all HI Express hotels, it had a great showerhead, a choice between firm & soft pillows & a good breakfast. The breakfast bar included high quality whole grain bread instead of the usual HI Express "so so" brown bread. We didn't have a problem with noise from the nearby freeway.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple