“Mountain View Inn”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Mountain View Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Well, not much to say, it is what it is. Old motel, clean, nice owners right on the road but super quiet. Great value for a good nights sleep. Two rooms for $88 can't beat that, especially when we are now in Napa at the Best Western Premier Ivy at a cost of considerably more, beautiful rooms nice hotel but the noise level is something.
So stay at this motel was a much better experience and a more restful sleep.
I would definately recomend this little motel to anyone needing a good nights rest. You may want to ask for a second blanket, towels and the blanket leave alittle to be desired.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

After reading the reviews of local accommodations, I checked locations on the map. Though I had a rental car, I prefer a good restaurant within walking distance. Because of the surprise factor that often accompanies privately owned establishments, chain hotels have been my choice. Based on posted reviews of other choices, I choice this one for the reports of dependable wifi, cleanliness, and courtesy - I confirm these reports! Even so, I always inspect a room before officially signing in and have met with resistance from staff when I insist on checking mattress and furniture for wildlife. At the Mountain View Inn, my request was met with courtesy and no offense. As previous reviewers noted, the room is dated and the sheets are due for replacement. The $48.95 charge for a room with a kingsize bed, microwave, coffee machine w coffee and sugar, bar fridge, extra towels as requested, shower with plenty of hot water - read everything operational including WIFI! was an excellent value. Staff members were courteous and unobtrusive. Traffic noise was noted but muted as the motel is a courtyard design. The room was an end unit and the room on the one side was not occupied - I stayed for 3 quiet and restful days.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed here one night on my way up to Oregon. I made a reservation on Priceline a few hours before I checked in, and, even though the Inn didn't receive the reservation request from priceline, she honored the priceline price of $42 (for the queen sized bed).

The hotel is old, but it was comfortable. The sheets were a little thin, and the shower could use a little bleach, but I felt safe. The room was clean and the AC was cool. It's not right off the highway, so it was pretty quite too. It was a good value, and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

My room was a bit dated, but it was clean, the A/C worked fine, there's a micro and a fridge, free Wi-Fi and pet are accepted (the fee is only $6), they only ask that you don't let them sleep on the bed. It's quiet and has a lot more charm than a Motel 6. Across the street there's a Liquer Barn, a great mexican place called Puerto Vallarta and also a grocery store. I would recommed this motel for the budget traveler and those with pets.

Room Tip: I booked on Priceline and the rate was $43 per night.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JaneDough76
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was at the Mountain View Inn the weekend of 7/24/2011. This is what I liked about it: clean, very quiet, room smelled nice, wireless internet, fridge & microwave, good air conditioning (it was HOT outside), grocery store & restaurants across the street, and very nice staff. Oh and I really like the way the bed was made up, with 3 clean sheets: 1 on the mattress,1 under and 1 over the blanket (plus a bedspread). I know hotels wash the sheets but not necessarly the blankets & bedspreads for each new guest, so you can just take off the bedspread and sit on a fresh clean top sheet if you want to sit on the bed when getting dressed, etc. The furnishings are plain and old but the price is right! I was traveling solo and enjoyed a nice, quiet, restful evening at the Mountain View Inn.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tessaUSA
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

We loved the $49 Price Tag
We loved the clean, simple room
We loved the ease of check in/check out
We loved the people
We loved the big parking lot

We didn't love the air conditioner that smelled like someone had urinated on it.
The stale pee smell permeated the room, making it smell just awful.

No, we didn't say anything, and we should have. But, it was late and a holiday weekend.
And the room was $49.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Bridget63
los angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Okay, didn't expect a lot for 45.00 bucks a night but after reading the reviews I was expecting a dated but comfortable place to stay. No way!! The bed was like sleeping on concrete, the shower curtain had mold on it and the sheets looked so worn and old you could see through them. Very dated motel and it could use some paint and a little upgrading. I stayed here based on the reviews and this is the first time I was disappointed in the choice of accomodations. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelbysue

Travellers are raving about these Yreka hotels