“Really,everything clean but the carpet still a Good Value at under$50.00” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain View Inn

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
“Really,everything clean but the carpet still a Good Value at under$50.00”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Good value for a rest stop (Ca restricted flow shower) still plenty of hot water, clean,..... NO Really Clean, sheets and pillow cases, fridge and microwave very clean and working. Internet satisfactory and no charge skype worked well.Close to I-5 but very quiet.
for less than $50.00 you cant go wrong .Big plus is the front door parking and restricted entry/exit to this plaza style motel.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS A Stained and dirty looking carpet....

Room Tip: Did not need fitness room or Restruant
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bhadra_10, General Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Glad you enjoyed the stay here. Feel free to come back anytime!

Mountain View Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This motor motel reminded me of one exactly the same with the shower style we stayed in a couple of years ago. The bathroom/shower were extremely clean; the bed could have a quarter bounced off the coverings; the carpet needs work - wear shoes! as it is grubby; the walls are clean and bright. We arrived after dark and had read a couple of reviews prior so found this motel right away driving into town. WiFi - not great.

Room Tip: Since there is an inner courtyard, vehicles are pretty secure.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michele K
We are sorry you had some problems, we will definitely work on this. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Many of us travel through Yreka and just need to stop long enough to sleep and shower. I don't want to pay a lot of money for that. This hotel was perfect for that purpose. Now keep in mind, this place has no frills whatsoever! If you're into that, go elsewhere. If you just want a clean place to sleep and shower, than I'd recommend this. The service was nice, the room was clean, the bed was comfy enough, and everything worked.

It is dated, has no frills, pillows a bit hard for our taste, but for the price, we were thrilled. I don't want to pay $50 more a night for a fitness room I won't be using or nice lobby I'll walk through twice. For the price, this was great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pedalawayWA
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Feel free to come back anytime!

Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I drove from Fresno, CA. to Susanville, then from Susanville to Yreka in one day, for job interviews. (A total of eight hours drive) The room I got was nice and clean. Though I only needed the room for the night and had to leave early in the morning, the room had everything I needed and the owners were friendly and helpful. I found out on the car ride I needed a paper faxed to me, and the owners were very helpful and courteous about it. I may not find myself in Yreka anytime soon, but I would definitely choose Mountain View Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cameron C
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to come back anytime!

Crane, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I chose this motel based on TripAdvisor's reviews. I'm not sure what the folks who gave this place a positive review were smokin', but it was by no means a 4 out of 5!! It was cheap! I'll give it that. But there were holes in doors and walls (thankfully, they were somewhat patched), the faucet in the bathroom was loose and seemed like it would fall off any minute. Had to leave the hot water running a LONG TIME before it finally arrived in the faucet. The coffee maker was filthy.

The smell (a cross between cleaning chemicals and East Indian incense) was overwhelming. The carpet looked like it had only been "spot cleaned" for the past 10 years and needed either replacing or a GOOD, solid, complete steam cleaning. The upholstery on the chairs was worn and very dirty.

The bed was ok, but the sheets looked like they hadn't been bleached in years. Won't be going back there!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CountryGirl579
We are sorry you had a bad experience. We were going through some new renovations. We won't affect your stay next time.

Mountain View Inn

Travellers are raving about these Yreka hotels

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

When booking and rating this motel remember that it is a $50 per night (tax included). So the low cost must be taken into account in the review.

Our room was dated, clean, quite, had a comfortable bed, large enough with a refrigerator and microwave, well warmed by the through-the-wall mounted HVAC, which was a bit noisy but in a pleasant, background droning way. The room had two old but clean sinks, one outside of the bathroom, which is really convenient. We arrived without a reservation. Mrs. owner/operater came to the front desk promptly when we rang the bell at the office and smiled throughout the payment transaction. She smiled while giving me restaurant reservations. She was pleasant and there was no bad "energy," whatever that means. The internet signal, which I am using at this moment, is strong.

And personally, I do not have a problem with management controlling visitors. I do not consider this rude. I consider doing so a necessity in order to preserve a restful environment. The only thing that we wish we had brought was our own pillows. The pillows provided feel like covered foam squares too firm for our personal preference.

Room Tip: If you require a soft, fluffy down pillow, bring your own.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonyTraveler2010
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Got a room with my Bf before we head out to camp at marble mountains. We were in good spirits and super cozy. My Bfs friend from a long time lives close and she dropped by to say hi. The second she showed up we got a phone a call saying we can not have visitors. So I asked the receptionist what we have to do to make it happen that our friend can visit with us and she said move to a room with a double bed. I proceeded to oblige and I asked her if we can pay extra and stay in our room since how she was just visiting, she said no and said just get your stuff, I'll give you your money back or I will call the police.... Yeah the police.
This lady was extremely paranoid, rude and distrusting. Don't go here and waste of your time and energy. There is a place down the way that accepted us with open arms and a smiling face at EconoLodge for the same price.

• Stayed September 2013