“clean and friendly”
Review of Econo Lodge Yreka

Econo Lodge Yreka
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The rooms were clean, not extravagant, but exactly what you need. The staff was very friendly and helpful, provided excellent suggestions for food and activities in the area. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2011

this hotel provides everything you need. we slept well. the bathrooms were mostly re-done. its was clean and we had a good night's rest. the hotel is old, but modernized in several respects and well worth the price. the location is great. it is walking distance to several restaurants.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The room was very clean and smelled great!!! Definately a non-smoking room as promised!!!

The rate was very cheap, especially compared to other hotels that were less than a block away.

Desk people were very polite and helpful.

If you're looking for a very inexpensive, clean hotel room, this is the one for you. No frills, but a nice clean place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
EconoLodgeYreka, Manager at Econo Lodge Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

We appreciate your comments on Tripadvisor.com and are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us. Thank you once again and hope to see you and serve you again in the future. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

We were hesitant at first about staying at one of the cheaper places in town for the night as we've had some bad experiences in the past, but we figured we'd at least give this place a chance and were glad we did. At check-in, the guy behind the counter gave us our pick of the rooms and then proceeded to explain how everything worked in our room, adding in that if we had any problems or questions we should feel free to call at any time of the night. The room was clean and tidy, the shower didn't try to trick us as to which direction was hot, and the noise level was low. There was some humming from the fridge (which we were using) but, for me, it was consistent enough not to be a bother. If you want a place that's super-fancy, this certainly isn't it, but if you want a place to stay for a night, be comfortable, and not spend a ridiculous amount, this is a good place for that.

2  Thank Mizuhino

Thank you very much for sharing your review the tripadvisor community and hope to see you again on your future trip to and through yreka. Thank you

Reviewed 4 June 2011

Enjoyed our stay at the Econolodge in Yreka. Comfortable, nice managing family catering to us, not expensive. Altogether a good value!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I stopped off in Yreka on my way home to Olympia WA. The room smelled, there were ants in the bathroom and the service was not very friendly. I would strongly advise you to spend the extra thirty dollars and stay elsewhere. I couldn't wait for morning to come so we could leave.

1  Thank olygirl_11

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. However, I would like to let you know that we have taken care of the issue and our team is ready to meet and exceed your requirements again in the future, hope you will give us another chance. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

I drove the new car down to LA in August from Seattle. Yreka is a pretty good stopping point as I dont particularly enjoy driving after dark. I got in around 11pm and was asleep about 10 minutes later. But the bed was not comfortable and I woke up with a nasty crick in my neck and back.

The shower was too small and I could hardly fit my 6 foot 4 inch frame in there. I had to kind of squat and bend to wash my hair. The water was hot though and that was ok.

Frankly, its your standard cut rate inn. I was there for almost exactly 6 hours. For the price, I would go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo