“Restful place away from the fire fighting!”
Review of Econo Lodge Yreka

Econo Lodge Yreka
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was fire fighting near the town of Etna and started coming down with a deep cough. Other places nearby were full but the folks at the EconoLodge were very accomodating. They gave me a nice room on the 2nd floor and the air conditioner did keep up with the sweltering heat. The owners were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable and my sleep there was quite restful. It was nice to drive a half hour to get out of the dust and hubub of our fire camp. I return to the camp in the morning and my bad cough is almost healed. The hotel was conveniently located. The swimming pool water was a bit cool, but quite refreshing on a hot day!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin M

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stay here once a year on our way to Hot August Nights in Reno Nevada. On our most recent stay we discovered the carpeting had been changed and the bedding refreshed. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. We always have a car trailer with us and parking is very easy. We feel secure with our car trailer left open in the parking lot with a $100K car inside. The continental breakfast is always good. It helps get us on the road early. There are several restaurants located nearby as we always walk so we can leave the car trailer parked. I would strongly recommend Strings ... its Italian and delicious! Also the Brand n Iron is very close and a great steakhouse.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

because the owners were nice. But the purpose of this site is to advise travelers. So....when we got there it was 95 degrees. We went into a very hot, upstairs room. There was an antiquated air conditioner in the wall, it was very small, in the closet area. It couldn't keep up and never cooled the room. It was almost cool enough to sleep by 7 am the next morning. I called and asked for a fan, but of course, they didn't have one.....My room looked nothing like the other pictures, maybe it's because it was a pet room and they just let it go? We did pay $10 extra for the dog, so you think if they charge, they could use that money to keep the room. It was run-down and out of date. It is affordable, but still. The "pet area" is an abandoned lot behind the hotel full of broken glass, sharp rocks and painful thorns, which ended up all over the hotel room floor because they stuck in our shoes, and our poor dog's paws. The breakfast was minimal and unless you stuff your pockets with packaged pastries, you will be hungry in an hour. We just needed a place to stop on our road trip, so I thought this would be good enough, it wasn't.......

Room Tip: downstairs might be cooler.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was traveling from Portland to LA and just happened to stop in Yreka. Most fo the hotels were ful, but the Econo Lodge was availabe - and a delightful little place. I got their too late to try the pool, pretty much just collapsed, but the bed was very new (on the firm side), everything was very clean, and

I think if I'd had the parental block removed I could have watched some good movies, and the screen was pretty new, but I didn't really have time to mess with it, or the free WiFi.

All in all, I will stay here again on my next trip through for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for the north side if you want quiet. Parking was easy. I had a kayak to lug into the room, and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

this place was nearest to my daughters home and the owners gave me a great rate for the week and as I was traveling alone, they took good care of me and made sure safe. The room was dated but clean and comfortable with everything I needed. I had a small issue with my room but they took care of it immediately. I couldn't ask for better service and a more welcoming stay. I would very gladly come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

As far as I am concerned, the EconoLodge in Yreka is the absolute very best place to stay. This is my home away from home when I am on the road visiting with family and friends in the area. I have stayed here for many years now. Jay owns this classic lodge and he does a terrific job in keeping it in tip top shape. I have stayed in a variety of rooms and they are clean and comfortable.

As a CPA, I know value, and the importance of customer care. I highly recommend staying at this lodge. Please tell Jay 'Mike sent you!!'

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Average room, yet clean.
Staff very professional. Since this was a business trip to see land in Hornbrook, Ca and I brought my business Partner, I thought we could stay here and for two guys nothing fancy. It was just that AVERAGE. CLEAN. SIMPLE. AVERAGE.

• Stayed: June 2014
EconoLodgeYreka, Manager at Econo Lodge Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

We would like to thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We appreciate it and we will strive to make sure that we can get full marks next time when you stay with us again.

Vishal Patel