“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Rocklin, California, United States
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed for two days with my boys ages 10 and 17. We had the two double beds. We were all surprised how large the room was, the bathroom was huge with plenty of room for all of us to move freely. It was very close to all of the main stores, resturants, and gas stations. I would for sure visit again. The beds were so comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: I has the two double beds it included microwave and fridge. It was great.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Last year when we passed through Yreka, we got a room here, upstairs with a balcony overlooking the creek. That meant the windows faced the freeway behind the trees, but the room was up-to-date, comfortable and quiet. We got a similar room on this trip, and this stay was just as pleasant. The motel is using eco-friendly cleaners and unscented laundry products, so there isn't that Best Western odor from years ago (thank you!). Very comfortable beds. The HVAC worked well. And the desk clerks were pleasant, efficient, and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Clatskanie, OR
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room seemed clean but there was a terrible smell, like unwashed bodies and sweaty clothes. The first room's smell was intolerable so I asked to be moved. The staff was accommodating, but the second room also smelled bad, just to a lesser degree.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank 107kelleyj
Sandra P, General Manager at Best Western Miner's Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value all of our guests comments, positive or negative, so that we can continue to make improvements to our hotel. We are taking a look into the smells in the rooms and working on a plan to improve. We apologize that you did experience s problem with our hotel. Thank you again.
cypress
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The quality of the rooms, from the furniture to the plentiful towels, shampoos, soaps and even the sanitized TV remote were a wonderful surprise. I can't recommend this hotel high enough, especially considering the very reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Yreka, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very friendly, courteous & informative staff. Clean rooms and extremely comfortable beds. Tasty breakfasts and nicely decorated rooms and lobby. Clean and neat outside landscaping. Conveniently located off the I-5 Freeway in Siskiyou County. Overall guest experience is an absolute 10!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 October 2013

For reasons not known to me, I was placed in the corner "honeymoon suite", which gave me a lot of floor space, but very little thrill. In fact, if I spent my honeymoon in that room, I'd be bummed out.

NEGATIVES:

Honeymoon suite is very over-furnished, with large, hulking, outdated pieces. I doesn't bother me to have outdated furniture, as long as it keeps the price down. The room contains: 2 upholstered chairs, 1 ottoman, a settee at the foot of the bed, a lounging chaise, 2 very large bedside tables, and a very big armoire with a flat screen TV in it.

The breakfast area is very small for the number of people it serves. I ended up eating off a low table in the lobby. Also, I don't like having a loud TV on during breakfast.

Harsh, fluorescent lighting (Honeymoon romance? Hardly.)

Typical, old-fashioned bedspread, that I always strip off the bed.

One puny hook in the bathroom.

No small reading lights- just big, full sized lamps next to the bed. (Maybe one isn't supposed to read in the honeymoon suite.)

POSITIVES:

2 sinks: one in the WC, and one outside the WC, with a vanity.

Wipeable TV remote, (It would be appreciated if BW would leave a packaged wipe with each remote.)

A/C worked very well.

Good quality sheets.

Microwave and fridge.

Wooden hangers.

The blanket, under the bedspread, was double-sheeted. (Too bad the top sheet is "contaminated" by lying underneath the bedspread.)

Shower curtain hangs on a curved rod, and the mesh top of the curtain helps even more to make the shower feel un-claustrophobic. Also, ever since Psycho, it's really nice to be able to look out into the room while showering.

Good quality shower head.

Very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 133travels
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Great place to rest during that I-5 drive on the West Coast! Quiet place and friendly staff await you. Get a good nights sleep on the comfy beds! Food is nearby. Room is clean and comfortable. Morning breakfast is terrific. I recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank SuzInSeatte
Greetings from Yreka Miners Inn! Thank you for the glowing review! We take pride in or staff and service for each individual's visit. At the Best Western Inn we always strive to accommodate our guests with a perfect stay and I assure you that I wll reiterate what you have said to our staff so that their hard work does not go unnoticed.