“Very convenient and comfortable”

Best Western Miner's Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nice large room. Good recommendation for dinner from desk clerk. Good breakfast. There were two or three fires in the area and a number of men involved in fighting those fires were staying at the motel during their rest time from the work in fighting the fires. We were more than happy to share the facilities with them.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel had a very large room with nice furnishings and a comfortable bed. The continental breakfast was fine but nothing special and the breakfast room was rather cramped. I was not impressed with the front desks response to our problem with a dog howling until 2:30am in the room above us. We called the front desk after waiting an hour for the dog to quiet down. At 10pm, we wanted to have our kids go to sleep, so we called the front desk for help. We were never offered another room and the dog continued to howl until I heard his owner come in at 2:30am. When were asked about our stay, we again said something about the dog and were basically told "sorry about that". I am a dog lover and owner. I don't travel with my dog because I realize he should not be left in the room unattended like this poor dog obviously was. It would have been nice to have been offered some a small rate break on our room fee for the inconvenience of listening to the dog all night. Even $10 off would have created some goodwill and a feeling that they realized that we were put out.

1  Thank Jaspert053
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Nice hotel, flat screen tv, fast internet, comfortable beds, nicely decorated rooms, what you would expect from a Best Western Hotel. The hotel is located close to historic town in Yreka. Hotel has two pools which makes it nice if you are located on the north building. Priced that is affordable to the traveler. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've stayed in some really nice hotels and this motel is right up there at the top of my list for appointments and comfort. Since when does a motel room boast a game table and a recliner? Vast counter space? Stylish furnishings? Is clean, clean, clean? Comfy bed and bedding one expects, but this was top quality not usually found in this price range. (Also refrigerator, microwave, free wireless, plenty of places to charge our devices, and a breakfast that even included scrambled eggs, not just carbs.) I didn't get to explore their meeting rooms/ convention spaces, but I sure wish there was a comparable motel in our home area; I would put on a convention just to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room unless you like hauling bags upstairs, my general request.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I always stop on this motel on my way to/from Seattle and Southern CA. I have a dog, so I request to stay on the creekside first floor so my dog can run around in the fenced in area, which is needed after a long day in the car. Clean, free wifi, and good customer service.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

When booking our trip through California, Yreka seemed like a quaint old town. A good place to spend the night.

From the outside, the Inn looks old and dated. They've taken great steps to make the outside clean and as modern as possible.

Inside is a wonderful oasis. Our king bed was super comfortable. Twin sinks in the bathroom were convenient, and our room had strong wifi all the time. Old wood cabinets gave off a slight musty smell, but it's clean throughout.

If you're looking for a great stop, we enjoyed our stay at the BW, and would do it again on our next road trip.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Miner's Inn, a great location for us as we drive from Seattle to Sacramento. Able to relax in a nicely air-cooled room, catch up on the internet, walk to nearby low-key restaurants. We have been staying here for years. It is definitely a "tried and true" place for this small town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple