“Nice Staff, Good Location, Rooms a little dated”

Best Western Miner's Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Stayed here on a stopover on the drive from San Francisco to Vancouver. Rooms was large and clean but the decor was a little dated. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Miner's Inn

Reviewed 25 April 2009

I stayed here for three days in mid April along with some friends and relatives for a local wedding. We had a downstairs room, #102, with a sliding glass door that opened up to a long stretch of well-manicured lawn that ran alongside an attractive creek. The rooms along this area are #101 through I believe #117 and are perfect for dogs. It gave them a pleasant place for them to run, socialize with other dogs and do their thing. There were several dog cleanup stations along the fenced in area and I found the area to be very clean the entire time we were there even though we did see a handful of other dogs each day. There are also chairs and chaise lounges on the individual patios to sit on and some nice sturdy picnic tables out on the lush lawns to gather with friends and to watch your dog play. The rooms were extremely clean and quiet. Although the freeway is close and in view from the lawn area along the creek, the freeway sound was never an issue and did not disturb any of our conversations while we were outside.
The rooms are very quiet for sleeping and I never heard the people upstairs or next-door at anytime during our stay. The beds and bedding were very comfortable. I did not come across any bugs at all as referred to in other reviews. The room was large and had two queen beds and plenty of drawers and storage space for everything we brought with us. Closet for hanging items was small but adequate for our stay. Very nice shower and bathroom. Room had vanity sink inside bathroom and also a vanity and sink just outside of bathroom so could use even if other guest in room was using bathroom.
Complimentary Continental Breakfast located off Lobby was very nice, clean and well stocked. There are three restaurants within a 100 yards walk if you want a hot breakfast (Denny's, The Purple Plum and Grandma's). Breakfast Room overlooks creek on one side and swimming pool on the other.
We walked up and down the streets of the old town area beginning just a block from the motel. Lot's of history and dog friendly quaint shops. Grandma's Restaurant is very close by for a decent, low cost meal anytime throughout the day. We brought goodies back to the room to enjoy out on the picnic tables.
If you are just driving north or south and looking for a great place to stop along the way or planning on staying a couple of days, this is a very nice place to stay and central location to explore the local area and just look around. The views of the snow-capped mountains in the immediate area are worth taking time to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank SonomaDude
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Fast check in, about three minutes. Room was very large and clean, I prefer beds a bit softer. The wing next to the office, I believe rooms 101 - 117 have a sliding door to the patio area, nice lawn, fenced and picnic tables. Upstairs, rooms 201 - 217 have a private balcony over looking the lawn below and a nice stream, saw two deer just outside the fence in the morning, way cool.

These rooms back on to the freeway, noise was very, very minimal with the sliding door open. NO noise at all with the door closed.

Staff were clean and helpful, even spoke English, uncommon these days.
Three restaurants within a stones throw. Purple Plumb had great food but the staff was way too thin to serve customers properly, Denny's was, well just Dennys. I would avoid Grandmas, I cook better than that at home. Also a gas and liquor store just accross the street, very convienient.

I was prepared to rate this room a five until it came time for my morning shower. Best way to describe it was hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold. It changed about as fast as you could say it, made for a very fast and uncomfortable shower. At the rate we paid, even in the off season, it seems Best Western could afford to fix the problem.

Other reviewers complained of bed bugs. If indeed this was ever a problem it was taken care of long before our visit. This room was so clean I doubt any bugs would be allowed to check in, at least not without having to pay the pet fee.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2008

We held a small conference at the hotel with 30 people. The hotel staff provided prompt and friendly help. None of us had any problem with the rooms. We will likely have our conference there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2008

This place looks better on the website than it actually is when you see it. Unfortunately, you are hooked once you arrive because of the cancellation policy.

The suites are okay, but there was no hot water so we couldn't use the room jacuzzi. The front desk was rude about the situation and management gave us a small discount on the room when we checked out.

Since the suites were only available for two nights when we made the reservation, we stayed in a regular room the third night. It was bad - old, run down, slider fell off the track when we opened it; tv remote did not work.

There are better places to stay. We would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank SadieSue1
Reviewed 20 May 2008

At first glance this seemed like a good location. The front desk gave us good maps of the area and Yreka was an interesting small town.

Then during the night the bed bugs hit. We cannot recommend this property to anyone.

The hotel denies that they have a problem - the bites on my shoulder, back and hands have a different story to tell.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank driverphil
Reviewed 20 April 2008

When I travel between Washington and California I generally am alone. I make it a point to stay in Yreka and always stay at the Best Western Miners Inn. On the last trip I was heading north to Washington. I called ahead and there was no problem making the reservations. When I got there the lady at the front desk made me feel right at home, got me checked in quickly and let me know about a few special offerings from the chain. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. I checked out the next morning after breakfast and got the same treatment. I would not even look for another place to stay when I pass through Yreka. As far as food goes I'm sure it fine but if anyone has ever been to Yreka they know the place to go is Grandma's....which is another reason for staying at BWMI.....right next door (well, except for the gas station). For as long as I'm making this trip Best Western always has my business. Yreka is always a planned stop and they are part of the reason.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo