“Clean for Dog and Me”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Sunnyvale, CA
“Clean for Dog and Me”
Reviewed 6 July 2006

Being a slight germaphobe, I was happy to that the room I stayed at the AmeriHost Yreka was very well cleaned. I stopped over there during a "spontaneous" trip to Northern California over the July 4th holiday weekend. In addition to the clean room, the online reservation system through the AmeriHost website worked well. Most hotels in the area that had internet reservations systems were booked solid, but I was able to snag a room with no problem. Since I was traveling with a dog, it was crucial to know he'd be accepted with no problems. The hotel is surrounded by undeveloped land, which helped deal with my dog's toilet breaks. In fact,the flat openess was a good thing since no landscaping meant no scary shadows, for the 3 am and 4 am pee trips.

Unfortunately, I had several negative experiences. Could be chalked up to the busy-ness of the weekend, training issue or whatever.

1) I made my reservation through the AmeriHost website, then I called the hotel to confirm it went through. The person who answered the phone wouldn't let me talk but kept cutting me off with her barrage of questions. She even went so far as to give me the name and number of another hotel before she heard me out. When she was about to hang up, I finally got out a full sentence, "So the reservation I made on the internet is useless?" She was like, oh you have a reservation, why didn't you say so, what's your last name? She looked it up and in 10 seconds, she confirmed my reservation was there.

2) The TV picture looked bad, everything was red, orange and green. So I called front desk asking if anyone could help me make the picture better. The person who answered the phone said, "It's up to you" and hung up. Since the person also told me she didn't know what number channel HBO was, I figured calling the front desk for anything would be a waste of time.

3) I booked the room for two nights which was stated many times, verbally & on paperwork. I came back from doing touristy stuff on the second evening and my card key didn't work. I was told that the person who checked me in only programmed it for one night, even though it was clear that I would be saying for two nights.

Within walking distance or a short drive: Wal-Mart, Raleys super market, fast food and sit down casual resturants, gas stations, strip mall stores. On the short drive to the downtown you pass banks, more gas stations, mini marts, drug stores, ethnic food resturants, bars and other food places.

I'll have to be pretty hard to stay at AmeriHost again. Although the cleaning staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank Devans00

Travellers are raving about these Yreka hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)