“Motel for Dogs”
Review of Motel 6 Yreka

Motel 6 Yreka
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I did not realize that motel 6 has turned into the motel for dogs. In past years they were always just a cheap, clean bed to sleep in on those long road trips. I always knew that there were not be the little extras that I'd get at Holiday Inn, but at 1/4th the price, who cares?
All the fabreeze in the world can not cover up the stench of dog, and the flea bites and plastic mattress were just the last straw!
Yreka has other motels!

Room Tip: I got a good room here - quiet, on the corner. Looked clean - it's just that too many dogs have...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank IdyPortland

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Needed to break up a drive from Florence, Oregon to Reno, NV in bad weather. Yreka was a good halfway point & I had seen this M6, and it looked like a good bet. Staff was friendly & directed me to a good Mexican restaurant. The first room had a strange smell, but they relocated me with no muss or fuss. I ended up in a room facing the back. Comfortable & quiet. No tub, only a shower stall, but that worked out fine for me. Did some laundry and relaxed before the next day's drive. A good, reasonably priced choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NVRoaddog
Reviewed 21 December 2010

We always drive 500 milles and reach this location before 5 p.m. It usually is
clean and restfull; however, can be noisy with many young familys.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I was traveling with a disabled person. I requested a handicap accesible room but they didn't give me one. Not the end of the world but ,,, The door didn't close tightly and cold wind was coming in all around the door and the heater wasn't powerful enough to heat the cold air. The heater was also very loud and rattled all night. There was mold around the windows. There was a lot of dust and dirt around the edges of the carpet. The heat and the cold made it impossible to sleep so for $46, I got to lay down in a gross room. In the future, I'll pay an extra $20 and stay at the Best Western in a clean room, be warm and get free breakfast

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank hajima
m60286, General Manager at Motel 6 Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2010

Dear Ms Andresen,
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for your experience at Motel 6. Rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures and corrected all issues with regard to
your stay with us. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Dawn Bailey
General Manager Motel 6

Reviewed 23 November 2010

friendly staff, very basic amenities, dog friendly! "black bear" restaurant next door.

our preferred stop enroute to palm springs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I made my annual trip down to California from Portland, Oregon. Once again I stayed at this Motel 6. Once again, they met all my expectations. The room was very basic, but clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful. They charge for wi-fi, but only $3. It is not super speedy, but adequate for email and basic websurfing. I traveled with my dog for the first time, and that went well. They are pet-friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I have stayed at this Motel 6 at least 5 times. Yreka is a convenient half-way point for road trips from Portland, Oregon, to Northern California destinations. I have always had a decent room and experienced reasonably good customer service.

Before this latest trip, I happened to read some of the Trip Advisor reviews. There are a couple that would make you think twice about staying there. I almost booked a more expensive place, feeling worried. But then I realized that my own experience should outweigh what I read on the internet!

I booked a room with wi-fi (which is an extra $3--worth it, and not gouging like some hotels do). It was clean, comfortable and quiet. And the price is half of what I would have paid if I'd let the other reviews scare me away. The room is modest, and the small shower stall design is a little bit trying. The desk staff was nice, as usual. You are next door to a diner, and close to a gas station and a grocery store.

Moral of the story: remember to read extremely bad reviews with some perspective. I don't doubt the validity of others' experiences, but bad things do happen once in a while, and they can happen to any hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business