“Disgusting”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Stockton, California
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had a reservation for the nicest room on the premises--with a private jacuzzi.
However, the hotel staff was so incompetent that they double-booked this room. When we walked into the room, there was already a crowd of people in it!

The pool was very grungy and unsightly. I wouldn't want to stay here for any reason now.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J W
Cherrie T, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 November 2014
Hello,
My name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over as site manager for the property. I know that you review was from quite some time ago but I am taking the time to respond to all unanswered reviews. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had and inform you that we have been working hard to make many much needed improvements to the property and I hope that you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hayward, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is a dump! Lots of police activity. Don't stay at this place!!!!!!!! Ended up checking in but not staying due to an emergency and they promised a refund, next day they refused. This place should have been closed down as of last year. Horrible, horrible management, service and customer service .There was no one in the lobby when we arrived, waited 10 minutes for someone, we finally called the hotel on our cellphone and someone finally showed up. Consumer beware!!. Manager is the rudest person I have ever met. I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy. I never leave reviews like this even if I'm unhappy with my stay, I try to say something positive but this place is beyond belief!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nannie383

Travellers are raving about these Yuba City hotels

Turlock, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 8:45pm and could not find the desk clerk. After several minutes of looking around and opening dorrs we finally found her and checked in. When we got to the room there was NO TOILET paper (not even an empty roll - nothing!) also missing Kleenex, a blanket, and a decent pillow (2 one-half pillows don't cut it any more). I called down to the front desk for these items and was told they would be brought right up. After several minutes of waiting I went down to the office and found the clerk watching the TV and eating. In addition, the bathroom door would not close (this may have been intentional because the fan did not work) and the main door into the room had been kicked in at least once and the strike plate was loose with the screws backing out and less than finger tight. I travel a lot and this hotel has to be in my Top 5 WORST. My advise - keep driving if you can. Do NOT stay at this hotel unless you absolutely have to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James D
Hello,
My name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over as site manager for the property. I know that your review was from quite some time ago but I am taking the time to respond to all unanswered reviews. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had and inform you that we have been working hard to make many much needed improvements to the property and I hope that you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Where do we begin? The parking was a sham, the room was supposed to be non-smoking, but smelled of smoke, the bedspread had cigarette burns, there were no face plates on the outlets, the light above the sink didn't work, the pillows were made for hobbits, there was a huge chunk of wood missing from the bathroom door, the walls were dirty, the carpet was dirty, the TV was unplugged, there were creepy people across the balcony with their door wide open fighting all night! I think there were drug deals going down out front and other shady happenings...hint, hint, hint. Be warned!

Room Tip: Find another motel!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gregjen25
Hello,
My name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over as site manager of the property. I know your review was from some time ago but I am taking the time to respond to all unanswered reviews. I would like to apologize that you had such an unpleasant experience. We have made many improvements to the property and I hope that you will consider paying us a visit if you are in the area again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

After finding hotels sold out around Yuba City for several reasons, My boyfriend secured the room without giving it a good look. $140. We came back from visiting with family did a quick look, took a shower. First thing I did after that was look in bedroom and felt inclined to look for bedbugs. The bedspread had burn holes as big as my fist. No blanket was available for extra cover. We left to go to dinner, on the way out two young women were going into a room with 4 men. Party? Creepy, creepy place. I would not spend another minute in this place. ( did also spend $120 on a beautiful room at Best Western that night) We tried to get our money back at Lexington and they told us to come back Sunday the mgr would be in. Went back today and got the runaround no refund. Don't go here they don't know what acceptable is and have had lots of experience dealing with credit card companies due to customer dissatisfaction.

Room Tip: Don't stay here EVER. Go to Best Western Yuba City. Totally remodeled, modernized and moderatel...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank imotogirl
Hello,
I know that you stay was from quite some time ago but I have recently taken over managing the property and I am responding to any unanswered reviews. Thank you for taking the time to write the above review and I've sorry you had such a negative experience. I am pleased to say that we have been working hard on making improvements to the property including re-opening our onsite bar and grill. I hope that if you are in the area you will consider paying us another visit.
-Adreanna Site Manager
Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We tried booking a room for Saturday night at 3 other hotels in Yuba City, but they were all booked for a convention. So, we ended up here. What a disappointment! The check-in process took 20 minutes. Although she was nice, the desk clerk was unfamiliar with some of the check-in procedures and had to call someone at home for help.

The room itself was clean, although rather plain, the room location was quiet, the bed was comfortable. The bed was made with rather small pillows. The bath towels were small, thin and rough. The walls are paper-thin, so when the guests in the next room arrived, we could hear their entire conversation, even though they were speaking in normal conversation volume.

The free WiFi was weak, slow and kept disconnecting. I was trying to read emails, and kept getting disconnected, so I finally gave up.

Around 12 midnight and again at 2:30am, people on the grass area/yard were shouting, laughing, making lots of noise. Perhaps the hotel should remind guests to keep the noise to a minimum after a certain hour?

"Breakfast" was non-existent as far as we could tell. There is coffee available in the lobby, but no breakfast was offered. The restaurant is listed in the hotel amenities has been closed for a while.

We couldn't understand how this property gets a 2 1/2 star rating. The local Hampton Inn and Bonanza Inn are rated at 2 1/2 stars, but are far nicer than this property, and they both include breakfast. On our future visits to Yuba City, we'll avoid this motel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello, I know your stay was quite some time ago but my name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over managing this property. I'm pleased to say that we are busy making improvements and our bar and grill is now open. I'm sorry you had a negative experience and I hope you are willing to pay us a visit if you are in the area again.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We spent the night here on our travels back towards the mid-south. Upon going to our room the only parking area is in the front and our room was in the back forty. After several trips with luggage I was worn out, so access to your room may be a problem at this location. The room itself was somewhat bare. The chairs provided were wooden with a padded seat, one had arms the other did not so being able to relax in a decent chair was the second problem. The room otherwise although barren was clean. The bed was sufficient except it had 3 small pillows on a king size bed so again they seemed to skimp on a comfortability issue again. The mattress was good and we did get a decent nights sleep. Upon waking and going to breakfast in the lobby we found their breakfast consisted of convenience store snack cakes from a box and coffee. If you had children then you were pretty much out of luck with the breakfast. I would expect better of Quality Inn Motels. Most have cereal with milk and bagels etc... So at this one feed your child a snack cake and a cup of water... I don't like to give bad reviews but my experience here was just not what it should have been at this motel chain. Just my honest experience.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the front of the motel so you don't have to hike to your room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rmr3599
Hello I know that you review was from quite so time ago, but I have recently started managing the property mentioned above. We are no longer a Quality Inn but now a Lexington Inn and Suites and have been very busy at making improvements to the property. I hope if you are in Yuba City again you will consider staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to make a review.
-Adreanna Pfaff
Motel 6 Marysville South
Motel 6 Marysville South
#4 of 7 in Marysville
Comfort Suites Beale Air Force Base Area

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!