“Work in progress” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Santa Maria, California
“Work in progress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We came to Yuba City for a family reunion. Since we needed to be in town for a total of 3 nights we went the less expensive route possible. I rooms seemed "okay" on the hotel website so we decided to give the Lexington Inn a try. When we arrived you could tell the Lexington was an "older" hotel and had some remodeling done. Nothing fancy just some fresh paint here and there, etc. The grounds, as well as the pool area were clean and kept up. The Manager, Adriana, was friendly and professional and provided us with a downstairs room near the pool. I liked the quiet, calm atmosphere from the hotal even with a sports bar sharing the same property. For the price the room was very clean and the bedding was freshly washed. My children and I even took a dip in the pool. At check out the manager had stated she just took over the hotel about a couple of months ago and knew from past ratings when the hotal was the Quality Inn she was taking over a less the well liked property but are still working on getting the place back were it needs to be. Overall, my family and I really enjoyed our stay for the price we felt safe and the property was very quiet and we had a good nights sleep. I would recommend you try it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Katrina S
Cherrie T, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 November 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review, I greatly appreciate it. Sorry for such a late response we were gaining access to the site. I'm glad you had such a pleasant stay and I hope you will choose us again if you are in Yuba City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I make two trips to Yuba city a year for conventions
I stayed here because is was on the discount price list for our group.
It looked good from the Highway, and the roses were in bloom.
The room was clean and comfortable.
Had problems with the wifi.
The wall plugs needed to be replaced, to loose to keep plug held in for chargers.
There were only muffins and coffer for breakfast, but it was quiet and peaceful.
The thermostat was working, so did not need an extra blanket.

Room Tip: Only two stories, so no elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello,
My name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over the property as site manager, I know that your review was from quite some time ago but I wanted to take the time to respond to all unanswered reviews. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and I hope we can keep improving. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and hope to see you next time you visit Yuba City.
Stockton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had a reservation for the nicest room on the premises--with a private jacuzzi.
However, the hotel staff was so incompetent that they double-booked this room. When we walked into the room, there was already a crowd of people in it!

The pool was very grungy and unsightly. I wouldn't want to stay here for any reason now.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J W
Hello,
My name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over as site manager for the property. I know that you review was from quite some time ago but I am taking the time to respond to all unanswered reviews. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had and inform you that we have been working hard to make many much needed improvements to the property and I hope that you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Travellers are raving about these Yuba City hotels

Hayward, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is a dump! Lots of police activity. Don't stay at this place!!!!!!!! Ended up checking in but not staying due to an emergency and they promised a refund, next day they refused. This place should have been closed down as of last year. Horrible, horrible management, service and customer service .There was no one in the lobby when we arrived, waited 10 minutes for someone, we finally called the hotel on our cellphone and someone finally showed up. Consumer beware!!. Manager is the rudest person I have ever met. I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy. I never leave reviews like this even if I'm unhappy with my stay, I try to say something positive but this place is beyond belief!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nannie383
Turlock, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 8:45pm and could not find the desk clerk. After several minutes of looking around and opening dorrs we finally found her and checked in. When we got to the room there was NO TOILET paper (not even an empty roll - nothing!) also missing Kleenex, a blanket, and a decent pillow (2 one-half pillows don't cut it any more). I called down to the front desk for these items and was told they would be brought right up. After several minutes of waiting I went down to the office and found the clerk watching the TV and eating. In addition, the bathroom door would not close (this may have been intentional because the fan did not work) and the main door into the room had been kicked in at least once and the strike plate was loose with the screws backing out and less than finger tight. I travel a lot and this hotel has to be in my Top 5 WORST. My advise - keep driving if you can. Do NOT stay at this hotel unless you absolutely have to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank James D
Hello,
My name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over as site manager for the property. I know that your review was from quite some time ago but I am taking the time to respond to all unanswered reviews. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had and inform you that we have been working hard to make many much needed improvements to the property and I hope that you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Where do we begin? The parking was a sham, the room was supposed to be non-smoking, but smelled of smoke, the bedspread had cigarette burns, there were no face plates on the outlets, the light above the sink didn't work, the pillows were made for hobbits, there was a huge chunk of wood missing from the bathroom door, the walls were dirty, the carpet was dirty, the TV was unplugged, there were creepy people across the balcony with their door wide open fighting all night! I think there were drug deals going down out front and other shady happenings...hint, hint, hint. Be warned!

Room Tip: Find another motel!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gregjen25
Hello,
My name is Adreanna and I have recently taken over as site manager of the property. I know your review was from some time ago but I am taking the time to respond to all unanswered reviews. I would like to apologize that you had such an unpleasant experience. We have made many improvements to the property and I hope that you will consider paying us a visit if you are in the area again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

After finding hotels sold out around Yuba City for several reasons, My boyfriend secured the room without giving it a good look. $140. We came back from visiting with family did a quick look, took a shower. First thing I did after that was look in bedroom and felt inclined to look for bedbugs. The bedspread had burn holes as big as my fist. No blanket was available for extra cover. We left to go to dinner, on the way out two young women were going into a room with 4 men. Party? Creepy, creepy place. I would not spend another minute in this place. ( did also spend $120 on a beautiful room at Best Western that night) We tried to get our money back at Lexington and they told us to come back Sunday the mgr would be in. Went back today and got the runaround no refund. Don't go here they don't know what acceptable is and have had lots of experience dealing with credit card companies due to customer dissatisfaction.

Room Tip: Don't stay here EVER. Go to Best Western Yuba City. Totally remodeled, modernized and moderatel...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank imotogirl
Hello,
I know that you stay was from quite some time ago but I have recently taken over managing the property and I am responding to any unanswered reviews. Thank you for taking the time to write the above review and I've sorry you had such a negative experience. I am pleased to say that we have been working hard on making improvements to the property including re-opening our onsite bar and grill. I hope that if you are in the area you will consider paying us another visit.
-Adreanna Site Manager
Comfort Suites Beale Air Force Base Area
Motel 6 Marysville South
Motel 6 Marysville South
#4 of 7 in Marysville

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!