“Don't stay here! It is a dive.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Reviewed 22 October 2012

No screens on any Windows and the hall window are open letting in tons of bugs, was told there was cable with Hbo, cable had not worked in months! Dirty disgusting carpet, walls,and floor. Pool was green the up keep here was lacking! Even the sign at the road was covered by overgrown hedges.

• Stayed: October 2012
Loren A, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest.

I am the new General Manager for the Econo Lodge inn & Suites

From your comments we did not meet your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-674-1592

Loren Albin
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
730 N Palora Ave
Yuba City, CA 95991
Office 530-674-1592
Fax 530-674-3032
Email lalbin@heritagehotelgroup.com

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed at this property because they accepted pets. We were put in a room on the third floor, and there is NO elevator! We had to climb 3 flights of stairs, with our luggage, dogs, and dog kennels. Then climb back down to take the dogs out to potty, then back up. We are seniors, my husband has bad knees, and needless to say we were NOT happy. The room was so dirty, I never took off my socks, and would not use the shower in the morning. It included "breakfast" but whatever they were cooking smelled so foul, we left without even looking to see what it was. If it hadn't been so late when we checked in, we would have left. I would NOT recomend this property for any reason.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed for two nights at this hotel and were very comfortable. The desk staff was particularly friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and pleasant with queen bed, fridge and micro; free wifi. Breakfast was high-carb, but for the $$, quite reasonable. They have washer/dryer available which was helpful since we're on a cross-country trip. Large grocery store, fast food and several other stores within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NineofCups
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I travel extensively for work and hotel stays are always part of my itinerary. Because of this background I feel equipped to provide an accurate review of this property.

I'm not overly familiar with Yuba City so I went to Yelp and Tripadvisor for help in finding a hotel and the reviews for the Econolodge were favorable so I made a reservation. Upon arrival, I was greeted warmly by the staff and directed to my room. The room itself was nothing special but that was fine given that it was a budget hotel so I was accepting of the accommodations. Unfortunately all positives end at check in as my family suffered through a terrible experience at the Econologe. The location of the hotel is a bit gritty and it turns out that local kids like to rent rooms in the hotel on weekend nights and have parties throughout the evening. I have never in all my stays in public hotels experienced more noise and disruption than at the Econolodge. There was non-stop yelling in the parking lot and partying in adjoining rooms going on past 3 am in the morning....we called to the front desk on 3 occasions asking if we could be moved...no was the reply...great, can you do something to quiet the other guests?...they have the right to behave as they see fit as they paid for their room was the follow on reply... OMG! To top it off my teenage daughter was completely scared to be in the room given the yelling and activity outside of our room and kept her eyes open all night...needless to say we got very little sleep and were extremely disappointed with our experience at the Econologe. The only thing that made it worse was when we had a chance to speak to the owner/manager the next day (no manager was on duty the night we stayed) to lodge our complaint we were treated rudely with little if any empathy for our experience.

My recommendation is if you are a single and willing to risk it for yourself at a budget rate and can stand an extremely noisy environment than go for the Econolodge but if you are traveling with your family or have kids in your party do not at any cost or apparent savings over competing properties stay at the Econolodge...we did not feel safe and the management tolerance of bad behavior and unruly noise by other guests at our expense was alarming.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Gerard m
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Rarely will I drive out of my way just to stay at a particular hotel, but there is a reason for staying at the Econo Lodge here. The hotel staff truly make you feel like family if you'll give them a chance. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable every time I stay here. You owe yourself a nice stay at a very affordable, relaxing hotel when you're in this area.

Darryl Hastings
Eugene, Oregon

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank darrrylhastings
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Wow! Was I surprised with my stay! This motel had the best price around, and at under $50, this was quite a bargain. The motel was very lean, the staff was very friendly, they had a good breakfast, and a nice pool! The rooms had everything you need... a refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, and a large t.v. - not one of those little 19 inch ones. They also have free wifi. The beds were comfortable and our room was very quiet. The motel is conveniently located off of hwy 99 near shopping. I have no complaints, and I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank valley-hiker
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The staff was very helpfull and I don't have any complaints regarding them. I requested a smoking room and received it. The smoking rooms were on the 3rd floor. There was no elevator. The ice machine and vending machine was on the 1st floor. People that had pets were also booked on the 3rd floor. I was awakened every morning at 5:30 am with dogs fighting outside my door. I feel that it should be listed in their description that they do not have an elevator, so that people who have knee problems or have problems with stairs are aware.

Room Tip: 3rd floor nosier because of the pets.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
#4 of 7 in Marysville
Travelodge Yuba City
Travelodge Yuba City
#3 of 9 in Yuba City

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!