“Worst Econo Lodge Ever”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Temecula, California
“Worst Econo Lodge Ever”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and my oldest son had planned a fishing trip in the area with friends and had made reservations to stay at the EconoLodge in Yuba City having stayed at other EconoLodges in the past nothiing had prepared them for the conditions that awited them. After arriving after a 7 hour drive my husband checked in to room 215 only to find the room was hot and the air conditioner was broken, but that was just the begining of the problems. The room was filthy and my husband and son were being bitten by fleas that the room was infested with. The parking lot was full of loud people that were not guests at the hotel but were the person working theres family. After my husband complained the woman worked told them she would have her brothers quiet down. Soon after this my husbands friends who had reserved a room arrived and checked in only to find even worse conditions. Thier room had rubber gloves on the floor a bra and all the sheets were off the beds. After finding this they all decided this was deffinitly not the rooms for any of them to stay. After going to the front desk and being promised a full refund my husband and his friends went and stayed at the Hampton which was more expensive but worth the money! After leaving the problems did not stop there, no refund was ever credited to our card within 3-5 business days as promised after calling a whole bunch I finally got an answer today that it will be credited today. What a joke this place is. This hotel is a disgrace to the EconoLodge brand and I will never stay at another one again.If I could I would rate this place a 0.

Room Tip: Dont stay in any room there.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Timothy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lucerne, California, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

this was a very poor hotel, rooms were not cleaned and ready when they gave us the keys, one room with only sheets on one bed, the other bed sheets and blanket only, no towels in the bathroom, the chair had a huge urine stain on it, the curtains were torn at the top had to use a hair clip to close them, the second room was not cleaned at all, they could not move us to another room, also the pool had been closed on 07/29/2013 due to the health dept. Air conditioner didn't really work blew hot air. We would have left for another motel but since there was a concert all the other motels were already booked. Will never stay there again!

Room Tip: don't stay here
Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy E

Travellers are raving about these Yuba City hotels

Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I have a very long exhausting day, All I wanted was a clean room and a shower.

I travel extensivly for a living, I try to keep on a budget because I am self employed. Here are the Good the Bad and the UGLY on this place:

THE GOOD:
1. Price, especially if you are an AARP member
2. Friendly Staff
3. Delux Continental Breakast
4. HBO/Cable
5. rerigerator
6. Coffee pot (supposedly)
7. nice towels
8. Hair dryers
9. iron/ Ironing board
10 lots of mirrors
11. spacious rooms
12. Awesome shower heads

THE BAD:
1. We checked in to the 1st room, the bathroom was not clean, wet used towels on the floor, bathtub still wet
2. bathroom floors do not have matching tiles and are severly cracked ans very sharp, like someone dropped a bowling ball on them (Photos attached) This was in both bathrooms. Diabetics beware
3. 1st room had a "Clean Green" remote...it was filthy
13. water damage on ceilings on 2nd floor
14.they advertised another affiliate chain of hotels in the lobby

The UGLY:
1 I will not stay here again
2. This review will get answered by the GM and it is a form letter, the same exact response everyone else got for their reviews
3. I dont think they care about people hurting themselves on the dangerous bathroom floors
$ The consider themselves a CHOICE BRAND Hotel...not my choice, they can do so much better. Lots of room for improvement

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Tumwater WA
Reviewed 17 June 2013

On June 14-15, 2013, my family and I chose to stay at the Econo Lodge due to the convenience of it while we were at the Relay for Life - an event to raise money for cancer research. I will never ever go back to this hotel. One room didn't have a working shower so they were moved to another room with no working tv!! My room had dirty linen hanging on the shower curtin rod, no towels, no kleenex, an open bottle of hotel lotion and no shampoo. We stayed only because we didn't have to spend much time in the room as we were on the track walking most of the time and no rooms left at the other convenient motels. There were obviously "ladies of the evening" hanging around which made me wonder if the rooms were rented out by the hour. I did not see any drug deals but the people hanging in the parking lot looked the type for this. There were dogs running up and down the halls and I saw several people eating the free breakfast which did not look like paying customers. I will not stay there again and I will suggest to the Relay for Life committee that they take this motel off of their list of recommended places to stay.

Room Tip: Don't go to this motel if you want a good room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheryl H
Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was there Friday 05/24/2013
Room #108
My overall experience about the hotel was acceptable / good I'm very sure just like any other places Needs some improvement

however I was more impressed with the staff The front desk people the housekeeping and the management they were all friendly and respectful and very helpful,
I understand it's nice to stay in excellent 5 stars place however having Staff who respect you and serve you with a smile Consistently from the minuet you walk in until leaving is priceless
I'll definitely will be going back there

Jumaili

• Stayed May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Everything was as you would expect in a budget motel. Walking distance to a sizzler restaurant as well as several fast food places and a supermarket. Breakfast wasn't that great no orange juice and no tea bags.

• Stayed May 2013
Clinton, Missouri
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I stayed there for three days and saw at least five drug deals go down in the parking lot in that time.I paid for a week but did not feel comfortable staying there.All of the desk clerks are young and not very helpful.I saw one of them asleep at the desk,and the following night another clerk was having a makeout session in the front lobby.The police were there more than once in the three days of my stay.Not a good experience at all.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here and it will be a step up.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jef M
Loren A, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Jef

From your comments we did not meet your expectations. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-674-1592

Loren Albin
#5 of 7 in Marysville
Travelodge Yuba City
Travelodge Yuba City
#4 of 9 in Yuba City

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!