“Perfect cheap stay”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After reading the other reviews, I had to add a few things: This property is older, but clean and safe. The room is standard sized with double beds, but the bedding was higher grade. Appliances are working and newer., but the furniture is old along with the doors and windows. The breakfast was more than some, but much less than others. Cereal, coffee, and waffles is what was offered. The pool was adequate. The front desk manned by Su was friendly and efficient. We were looking for a cheap overnight stay with breakfast, and that is exactly what we got. I would stay again.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms near the stairwell as the heavy doors slam with use.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodgeYubaCity, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay they have really good service they were nice. The rooms were fresh they are very organized. They were very generous and answer my calls directly they could actually know and recognize who i am.

• Stayed: July 2014
EconoLodgeYubaCity, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had some points that I decide to use or lose, so decided to use them for an overnight stay in Yuba City while checking on an elderly family member. The room was confirmed as a two bed Queen room and Suite. What we got was a small, two bed double room. The hotel is run down, but the rooms were clean. The remote control or the television wasn't anywhere to be found, but clerk came with a replacement immediately. Coffee supply was out, but again when we stopped by the front desk we were given a generous amount. OK - nothing bad, that wasn't taken care of and since the stay was FREE no complaints. Good location with lots of restaurants and fast food shops nearby. If all your looking for is a bed and shower this place works.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodgeYubaCity, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Crystal

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can sum up my stay in one word: disgusting! I pulled in to the parking lot and there were nearly thirty people in and around the pool, smoking and drinking and kids running around like animals. There was a side gate open and people were walking right in to the pool area from the street. So, I guess its a public pool.

I got the key to my room and was told I was on the third floor. No elevator, either, which was a lot of fun with the luggage. Got up to the third floor, key didn't work. Hauled my kids and luggage back down three flights of stairs (because I wasn't about to leave them in the hallways with the two screaming meth heads that were fighting at the end of the hall) and got another key card. Back up three flights of stairs and finally in the room.

The smell is what hit me first. My oldest daughter is asthmatic and I asked for a non-smoking room. This room smelled like stale Marlboros and armpit. I called down to the office to complain and they told me that I was in the last non-smoking room available. The empty pack of cigarettes next to the coffee maker told me other wise.

There was mold all over the shower and only one towel in the bathroom. The sheets smelled disgusting. Fortunately the linen closet had been left open at the end of the hall so I got new sheets for the beds that at least smelled like bleach and not smoke. There were pieces of plastic and paper all over the room, so that tells me it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The meth heads singing up and down the hall at one in the morning was a nice little bonus as well.

Went to check out the next morning and the guy behind the counter was blasting his radio. The lyrics were explicit enough that TripAdvisor won't even let me write an edited version in the review. And this was at 6 in the morning. He didn't bother to turn it down when we came in the room, either. I told my girls to grab some breakfast for the road and there was orange juice, milk and bagels. Nothing to put on the bagels, just dry bagels. We got out of there as quick as we could.

Sleep in your vehicle. Or turn around and go back to Sacramento. Anything is better than this dump.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodgeYubaCity, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest

Reviewed 16 June 2014

lady at the front desk was friendly helpful and gave great customer service.. morning check in was a breeze.. clean room.. needed a place to stay day/night.. served its purpose.. breakfast was good.. we'll return soon.. ;)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nikole,

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The front desk creaks were very helpful and very friendly. The check in went like a breeze and the bed was very comfortable. At night time it was very quiet and I had a great night sleep. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014
EconoLodgeYubaCity, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and honest review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Thank you.

Best regards,
Management

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is my second stay here. This experience was not as good as the first. This time, I had to ask for hand towels. I did not feel comfortable with the pillows as they had decorative covers rather than conventional pillow slips. Finally, did not sleep well after having to kill a very large roach in the bathroom for fear there were others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
EconoLodgeYubaCity, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,

We thank you for staying at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites and appreciate your honest review. We hope to accommodate all of your future lodging needs and wish you the very best. Thank you.

Best regards,

#4 of 7 in Marysville
Travelodge Yuba City
Travelodge Yuba City
#4 of 9 in Yuba City

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!