“relaxed atmosphere; great value”

Magnuson Grand Bonanza Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

PLeasant staff welcomed me. Room was very comfortable. Complementary breakfast, while simple, was very tasty and satisfying. I was pleased that breakfast service was on good plates and that disposables were less evident than at most motels. I was pleased to see that they use washable trash cans and do not waste plastic bags. They seemed ecologically minded.
Fellow patrons were jovial. All seemed to be comfortable with this facility and the attentive staff.
$78 included tax, etc. Inviting a guest to come over to join me for breakfast cost just $8 additional.
There was not a good place to plug in my EV overnight.

Room Tip: Numbers above 123/223 are farther from the busy street, but even in 204, I was not bothered by noise...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 336Chas
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Grand Bonanza Inn

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Convenient location for the ball game we came to see plus close to restaurants and easy to find. A good price for a clean, spacious room with a moderately comfortable bed. Check-in and check-out were quick. Heard very little outside noise. We booked through Expedia.

Room Tip: I would recommend a street level room on a hot summer day.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Grandmum07
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel rooms in this area seem to go for 50 or 60 dollars. You know what they are like. Spend a little bit more and you get a lot more. I found room rates for Bonanza online for about $80. I called the hotel directly for a reservation, though, and got a room for $69. The total bill for one night was $76, I think.
I have three words for you: No. Horrible. Bedspread. It was a king bed with a soft cotton white dobby striped duvet cover. Three more words: Free. Hot. Breakfast. Eggs, Toast, Hashbrowns, Bacon, Coffee, Juice. Help yourself. Sit in a booth. Reminded me of staying a Howard Johnson's in the seventies. (Yeah, I'm old.)
Staff: super-friendly. Everything: clean. Heater/AC: noisy, but whatev. Wifi: slow, but this is traveling in America, folks.
Bottomline: Don't hesitate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robb B
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Annnnything you need, call the front desk. But do keep in mind they work hard for your stay, give them a tip. If you watched a show called Under Cover Boss, great show and it will give you some appreciation for how harrrrrrd these people work. Give them a tip.

Room Tip: Every room is good!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel nearly every time I was in Yuba city.

The breakfasts are good, the location is great. The rooms are quiet, what more could you want.

Most businesses are a short drive away, there's a wholesale food store west down Colusa, where the food was cheap, but good.

There are also plenty of restaurants on Colusa. I would usually cook in the room. I always had a microwave and a fridge in my room. These cost a little more.

Room Tip: I usually stayed upstairs. There is no elevator so If you have trouble with stairs be sure and speci...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We rolled into Yuba City late at night and I was not willing to pay $130-150 for a brief overnight stay on the way to the airport.
So, after checking reviews we decided to give the Bonanza a try.
The room was comfortable and well appointed and clean on the surface, and had all the essential amenities.
The late night check in was friendly , as well as the morning full breakfast service, in a nice little cafe setting. It is well worth a giving a try. Take the extra few minutes to find it just a block or two off main streets.
The only thing that gave me pause was the neglected, dusty, sad look of the back room that you look into when checking in at the night window. Management should know that it is a very depressing sight to greet new guests. I had a dim view into the "daytime" lobby from that standpoint and have to say that I was gambling on the rooms being on par with lobby in terms of being updated and cleaned. The "clean on the surface" comment stemmed from moving my night stand to plug in my phone charger and disturbed some thick dust build up. Some people wouldn't be fazed by this, but I am the kind of person that notices when motels are not vacuumed behind doors and in corners!
Overall, I would go back again, as the price was right for a quiet, comfortable sleep, and friendly service.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fostemom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Who knew you could find this kind of luxury in unassuming Yuba City. This is a fabulous hotel in the middle of everything! We cannot say enough about how well we were treated and how much we enjoyed our stay. Looking forward to a return trip to the Bonanza!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oroville Southwest
River Valley Lodge
River Valley Lodge
#1 of 2 in Colusa

Been to Magnuson Grand Bonanza Inn? Share your experiences!