“Yucaipa Resident for 20 Year This Place Is Over Priced”

John's Philly Steak
Ranked #34 of 93 Restaurants in Yucaipa
Cuisines: American
“Yucaipa Resident for 20 Year This Place Is Over Priced”
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Burgers are pretty good, service is nice but really over priced for what you get. The ranch is really good and fried zuchinni is well worth the price but doesn't even come with a side of ranch. I miss Jim's Whata Steak and seldom eat inside. They don't take debit or credit and have an atm which charges for use. The televisions are quite annoying too.

yucaipa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Johns Philly Steak has the BEST food in town,,,”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I visit Johns Philly Steak about twice per week and i order something different everytime and its always so good. If you want good food thats isnt very expensive then go to
JOHNS PHILLY STEAK,,

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank yucaipagirl
SoCal, USA
“I so wanted this place to be good”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I moved to Yucaipa a few years ago after growing up close enough to Philadelphia to identify a Philly Steak sandwich. I love sandwiches of all kinds, so now that I live here and the sign caught my eye heading east on Yucaipa Blvd, I **so** wanted this place to be halfway decent. For me, it's not. I've used the drive-thru 5 times now, so I've long since disregarded the problems as just hit-or-miss that all places have from time to time.

1. On 2 trips i ordered the phillysteak sandwich. I don't want to get snobby here, but it's simply not right. If the owner is from Philly I guess he or she forgot. If you ask for a basic phillysteak sandwich, you get a roll with steak on it, period. If you want the standard ingredients you have to ask for them specifically. But... The steak is good and in very ample quantity.

2. On 3 visits I asked for a turkey sub. The problem here is that the sandwich is very poorly assembled. It's like the roll was unfolded, then stuff piled on as if the maker never imagined that anyone would try to fold it and eat it without it sliding out all over the place. Not to be a wiseguy but a sandwich is bread on top, stuff in the middle, and bread on the bottom. John's turkey sub does everything but this. the last time I went thru, I opened up the wrapper to find a pile of fixins on this side and an empty soggy mayo roll on the other. I tried to reassemble it but it was too much, then the roll fell apart and I just gave up. This experience repeated itself 3 times. Obviously whoever makes their sandwiches has never tried to eat their sandwiches.

Good points:
Portions are awesome and very tasty. The bread they use tastes great and is right on the money. Location is convenient, and the drive thru is reasonably quick, and the service is ok. Price for what you get is very good.

I'm going to keep my eye on these reviews because if someone can tell me that John's has figured out a way to make a sandwich you can eat cleanly with two normal man hands, I'll try them again.

Oak Glen, California
“great choice in sandwiches”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This place is a little hard to find but it's right across the street from the police dept.on the blvd. It has more sandwich combinations that I could name. Been eating there for years and will always go back again.