This motel in the Yucca Valley was our home for 2 nights.
Dana checked us in at the desk and she recommended 2 restaurants which we used both nights. They were excellent choices. They did have a sign out front saying $69.00 a night and our rate was prebooked and higher. Dana said that the rate had been posted outside for years and only pertained to very few rooms and was for one person. We took her word for it because our rate of $117.00 plus taxes was already an excellent rate at this time of year in April. The bottom line is that we felt that we got great value at this newer hotel. We also chose this hotel because we wanted to see Palm Springs and it was not too far away. Our Trip Advisor research showed us that we were getting a much nicer and better value hotel at The Joshua Tree Best Western Hotel in Yucca Valley. We were glad that we stayed here.
Dana also was very personable. She asked what our plans were in the area. She highly recommended that we go see the Joshua Tree Park in the area. She gave us directions to the tourist center in the vicinity. The Joshua Tree Park is a Gem. It's unique with it's over 5 million Joshua trees and interesting rock formations. Thanks to Dana we got to see it.
It has a gym and many extras including an outdoor pool and Spa.
Their breakfast is awesome. One morning they had warm blitzes with strawberries. Something else special the next day. The seating area is large so you can most likely find a table to eat your breakfast. They have real scrambled eggs and sausages made fresh in their kitchen. You may choose cereals, juice and breads. Another nice touch is a variety of yogourts. They call it a deluxe continental breakfast.
I do have one suggestion for this breakfast area. They offer waffles. However only one waffle maker. Each waffle takes in excess of 3 minutes. If you were to have 4 families wanting to make waffles it would take a long time to cook them. My suggestion would be to add a second waffle maker. The only time I ever try to make a waffle at a hotel is if I happen to be lucky enough to get to the breakfast area and no one else is making a waffle. The same goes for hotels that have only one 4 slice toaster. Many people like to make toast in the morning and it's the same situation as the waffle makers. However adding a second toaster would not be a large outlay for the hotel but would help the guests in a big way.
The rooms are very nicely furnished, clean and comfortable.
The waffle maker and toaster are just my opinion. My rating of this hotel is 5 out of 5 so I would highly recommend it to friends. A great place to stay when you're in the Yucca valley or Palm Springs area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites located in Yucca Valley, California. Recipient of the Best Western Directors Award for Quality Assurance in 2009. The hotel is located just five miles from the Joshua Tree National Park, the Big Morongo Canyon Preserve in Morongo Valley and close to the Twenty-Nine Palms Marine Corp Base. The Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites is an interior corridor brand new built hotel that offers spacious guest rooms fully equipped with HD flat screen televisions and high-speed Internet access. We offer a variety of rooms from our standard king bedrooms to our extended stay suites with kitchens and king bedrooms with Jacuzzis. This Yucca Valley hotel also welcomes guests to a hot complimentary deluxe continental breakfast featuring sausage, eggs, waffles, Seattle's Best Coffee and more each morning. Other amenities at the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites include an outdoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, fitness center, business center and meeting space. Let the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites be your home away from home. Our staff will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Make a reservation today at the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel Yucca Valley
- Yucca Valley Best Western