“Our Stay at Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites”

Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Yucca Valley
Castle Rock, United States
“Our Stay at Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in one of the suites at the Best Western and it was very clean, comfortable and the decor exceeded our expectations. The pool, though small, was very clean and a morning dip was very refreshing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWYV3555, General Manager at Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Sharon

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the pool. Thank you for the comments on the cleanliness, I will pass those along.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a solid Best Western in a good location close to Joshua Tree National Park and Pioneertown. Staff was friendly and helpful and expedited both check-in and check-out. Room was spacious and clean, bed was comfortable, room was quiet despite being adjacent to the elevator. There is a Wal-Mart down the street if you want to stock up or forgot something. Very clean and safe property.

1 Thank CR_NYC64
BWYV3555, General Manager at Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Amex Traveler
Thank you for your comments please stay with us again
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our second visit to Joshua Tree and we had previously stayed in a theme room at America's Best Value Inn (see my review). Since we were staying two nights, I decided to try the Best Western as they offered a multi-night discount and in room jacuzzis (jetted bathtub).

Before booking, I called to inquire about the jacuzzi (I was hoping it would be similar to the ones at the Best Western Las Brisas in Palm Springs which are enormous but it wasn't.). I was told that although the tub is in the bathroom that there are shutters which open up to the main room. This was true, but while seated in the tub the shutters are so high up that you can not watch TV from the tub. It is a corner style tub which has room for two (not the biggest I've seen but not the smallest either).

Upon checking in, the first thing we did was look at the pool area. The hotel has two buildings and the pool area is adjacent to the annex portion of the hotel. We were disappointed to see that the spa (jacuzzi) was out of order. If we hadn't had a jacuzzi room I would have asked for a rate adjustment. The pool is small. The area is in the sun until about 3 pm and then it is fully shaded.

Our room was a little weird in that the bathroom door would slam shut so we moved a bench to prop it open. The bedding consisted of 4 small pillows. They looked like normal pillows cut in half. They were nice but too small. They need to give you regular sized ones in addition. There is a fridge in the jacuzzi rooms.

When we checked in the password for Wifi wasn't working but I didn't complain and found it fixed in the morning.

We didn't eat the free breakfast because we are not morning people... I did go to the dining room about 15 mins before the end of breakfast to try to bring some juice and pastries back to the room for later but they don't allow you to bring food back to your room. I understand it has to do with whatever permits/licenses they have but it is stupid. We already had brought all kinds of take out into the room. Our room was located just down the hall from the breakfast area and the hall smelled like cooking oil the entire time... it was gross. Speaking of gross, no matter what you do, do NOT get food from the 24 hour Mexican drive through next door - it is inedibly bad...

Mornings were very loud but perhaps that was just our upstairs neighbors? We were sleeping in because we were shooting Astronomy photographs in the park until the wee hours...

On our final morning, our bathroom stunk of cigarette smoke seeping in from I don't know where. Upon check out, I alerted the desk clerk (Gracie) who was very nice and assured me we wouldn't be charged a deep cleaning fee (the hotel is non-smoking) for someone else breaking the rules. We'll watch our credit card to be sure. We had planned on a late check out at Noon (no add'l charge) but left at 11 because of the smoke smell.

Pretty much what you'd expect from a BEst Western. I might stay here again since there are very few options in the area and we always seek out Jacuzzi suites, however, the jacuzzi at America's Best Value Inn was larger, right in front of the TV and in a fun kitschy theme room and although there is no breakfast the pool/spa area is nicer. I'd like to stay in Joshua Tree next time to be closer to the park, if possible.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are available.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BWYV3555, General Manager at Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for the detailed observations and thank you for the comments about Grace. We will try to address those items in our control and plan a better visit for you the next time.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I checked in real late, so I did have to wait for someone to come to the desk. This process however moved quickly and I was in my room before I knew it. I liked how the entire hotel was smoke free. The continental breakfast was nice, it included items like omelettes and waffles. The extended checkout of noon was nice as well. I must say the only thing that I did not like was the refrigerator in my room made. Such horrible noises at night that I had to unplug it in order to sleep. Overall I would definitely sleep here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
We will check out the refrigerator noise and let us know when we can see you again.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel.Definitely coming back for my next vacation. I love the location,very quiet,with the view in the back of the hotel. Great staff. I only wish we could have stayed for a few more days!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank soniap752
We look forward to your return visit.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This motel in the Yucca Valley was our home for 2 nights.

Dana checked us in at the desk and she recommended 2 restaurants which we used both nights. They were excellent choices. They did have a sign out front saying $69.00 a night and our rate was prebooked and higher. Dana said that the rate had been posted outside for years and only pertained to very few rooms and was for one person. We took her word for it because our rate of $117.00 plus taxes was already an excellent rate at this time of year in April. The bottom line is that we felt that we got great value at this newer hotel. We also chose this hotel because we wanted to see Palm Springs and it was not too far away. Our Trip Advisor research showed us that we were getting a much nicer and better value hotel at The Joshua Tree Best Western Hotel in Yucca Valley. We were glad that we stayed here.

Dana also was very personable. She asked what our plans were in the area. She highly recommended that we go see the Joshua Tree Park in the area. She gave us directions to the tourist center in the vicinity. The Joshua Tree Park is a Gem. It's unique with it's over 5 million Joshua trees and interesting rock formations. Thanks to Dana we got to see it.

It has a gym and many extras including an outdoor pool and Spa.

Their breakfast is awesome. One morning they had warm blitzes with strawberries. Something else special the next day. The seating area is large so you can most likely find a table to eat your breakfast. They have real scrambled eggs and sausages made fresh in their kitchen. You may choose cereals, juice and breads. Another nice touch is a variety of yogourts. They call it a deluxe continental breakfast.

I do have one suggestion for this breakfast area. They offer waffles. However only one waffle maker. Each waffle takes in excess of 3 minutes. If you were to have 4 families wanting to make waffles it would take a long time to cook them. My suggestion would be to add a second waffle maker. The only time I ever try to make a waffle at a hotel is if I happen to be lucky enough to get to the breakfast area and no one else is making a waffle. The same goes for hotels that have only one 4 slice toaster. Many people like to make toast in the morning and it's the same situation as the waffle makers. However adding a second toaster would not be a large outlay for the hotel but would help the guests in a big way.

The rooms are very nicely furnished, clean and comfortable.

The waffle maker and toaster are just my opinion. My rating of this hotel is 5 out of 5 so I would highly recommend it to friends. A great place to stay when you're in the Yucca valley or Palm Springs area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ken J
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We will work on the waffles.
Grover Beach, CA
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Booked in advance for $118.99 (a WHOPPING discount from $127.99) and upon arriving saw sign on hotel for $69.95 for 1 person king bed. We had 2 people so didn't expect them to honor that price, but did expect a more reasonable rate. While the room was as clean as can be expected in a hotel, the layout was a bit difficult (had to make sure bathroom door was closed to open door to room), the breakfast was sadly lacking (not even bananas, and the waffles were pre-made - either soggy or hard), and the check in clerk recommended the 24 hour Mexican place next door to eat (at 7:30 in the evening) indicating it was the only place open that time of night (NEVER eat there!!! worst food ever). All in all, the room was NOT worth 118.99 (no fridge or microwave, just a basic room, what the sign advertised).
And this is the response from the hotel upon our email to corporate:
"The sign on the building is for one person only, standard room and not during a high occupancy period or holiday (Mothers Day). Deeply discounted rooms are available on a limited basis and we do honor AARP and AAA. Also Best Western reward points are awarded for your stay and your rate garners you points based on the rate you stay. We believe that the level of service amenities, staff attitude and cleanliness is in line with the rate for our accommodations. Please consider us for your next trip t o the area. Gary Joyce"
Our recommendation: Avoid Best Western and stay at one of the other hotels in the area ... our relatives did and had a much better experience at a much lower price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am sorry that you were disappointed. Our food venues are limited and I do apologize for the option that was suggested.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucca Valley
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Pioneertown Motel
Pioneertown Motel
#1 of 1 in Pioneertown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!