“A little dissapointed”

La Casita
Ranked #17 of 66 Restaurants in Yucca Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped in here after reading about it in a guide book for Joshua Tree National Park. It wasn't bad, but the prices seemed a little steep and the food didn't quite live up to it's published review. However, the salsa was very good.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and eat here. The decor is pleasant, the service was amazing and the food was really good.
While we were waiting for our order, I took a moment to check out some of their reviews here and on Yelp. It's obvious that they take feedback seriously. Any complaints that were made have clearly been addressed. The salsa is FRESH, serice is prompt, the restrooms are spotless and the refills are never ending.
This is our new go to place on the way back from Joshua Tree.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went here with friends and found the restaurant a little noisy and busy. The hostess suggested we eat in the bar as it was much more quiet and relaxing.

Our server brought waters and menus plus chips and very good salsa.

We all had Mexican combinations that were very flavourful and filling. We enjoyed a couple of Mexican beers too.

The atmosphere is Mexican and the food fresh tasting. The prices are very reasonable.

Wish we could eat here again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I guess to be totally fair, my rating should be a Poor+. But one really bad meal (which we should have just sent back) has driven my rating down. Let's start with the chips and salsa, the latter of which tasted like water with texture (i.e., flavorless....and I don't like really hot salsa). Our meals were uneven. I had beef fajitas, which were pretty good. My wife, unfortunately, ordered fish, which as a dish was almost unedible. It came as one small tilapia fillet (bone in) breaded in a gooey, half-fried, batter. The worst, however, was that it was served on a bed of burnt (and I mean really burnt) onions and peppers. She couldn't eat the base....and when I tried it, it tasted like charcoal. Truly disgusting. Then there was the service, or lack of service. Our waitress flew by, taking our orders, dumping them on the table, and then no more (until the bill was presented). Never a check to see how we liked our meals, whether we would have liked another glass of wine, etc. My wife would never let us go back to this place. Luckily, we had some cheese and crackers back in our motel.

1  Thank D H
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We came here based on the reviews! Very nice staff, the food though was very poor. We know we are not in a big city, but this was not what we expected. So plain, no real Mexican food, just cheap tortillas, some cheese, warmed up, and on the side, lettuce, sour cream, and a table spoon of guacamole. I could have gone to the local super market and gotten the same staples, and with a microwave to warm up the tortilla and melt the cheese, the same result. Not worth being rated as # 3.

1  Thank aakbba