“A flavorful meal with surely being the best on the highway”
Review of La Casita

La Casita
Ranked #9 of 77 Restaurants in Yucca Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had enchiladas, tacos, guacamole to share with the chips and beers. A sign on the wall said they had oysters but they had none, it seems their supply from Baja fell apart. Good Mexican food was what we ate with home made sauces and other toppings on the table.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I just wanted a cheeseburger. My wife didn't. So, when she saw the sign saying "Las Palmas Mexican Cuisine," guess where we went? Well, we were greeted warmly with a "sit anywhere you want," and immediately brought out chips and salsa. I must warn you to go easy on these because if you want a refill it will cost you an extra $1.50. But, though the chips were pretty standard, the salsa was much thicker than at some places. I like that because I like to scoop up bits of onion and stuff.

I saw Chile Colorado Burritos on the menu, and that's my favorite though I usually get the tortillas on the side. The special of the day was tacos for $1.50 so she got one of those and two shredded beef enchiladas. I must say, the beans had a nice, lumpy consistency, unlike some places where it is more like paste. The rice was nice and fluffy, and the Chile Colorado - well, I must say it was much better than average. I think the sauce was more like a molé instead of the usual salsa ranchera, but the meat was so tender it was difficult to spear it on a fork. I was hungry enough to eat the whole thing but my wife couldn't finish hers and had to ask for una cajita.

Would we go again? ¡Sí!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

The staff were friendly, and the service was efficient. However the food was a little disappointing. Nothing was massively wrong, it was just a bit 'average' - an opinion shared by all 3 of us in our party.

For example, I had a 'Carne Asada'. I don't expect the finest cuts of beef, but it was unexpectedly tough compared to similar meals I've had in the past. Not terrible, but I've had better.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

This place serves my Mexican food crave when it comes around. All around good food, liberal drinks and all good value for the price.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Came here to celebrate a birthday. Wait staff was very accommodating in bringing out a cake I handed to them on the way in. The food was very good. Every one of us enjoyed our selection. I was especially impressed with the chili relleno, which I had been avoiding for years since most other restaurants disappoint me with that dish. The cake was brought out by the wait staff with all of them singing happy birthday. What a special treat. We certainly would go back there next time we come to Yucca Valley.