Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Yucca Valley
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My GF and I were invited to a friend's Birthday celebration in Yucca Valley, a desert community about 2 hours east of Los Angeles. We just needed one evening and we were told by our friends this was the best hotel in the area, so I went ahead and booked it. I personally have never stayed at a Travel Lodge and that is mainly because I had not heard good things about the chain. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was spacious, clean and had a huge, comfortable King size bed. There were plenty of towels (a big deal for my GF) and there was a nice flat screen TV with lots of channels. Due to the fact we were there for a party, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but the price was very reasonable and everything was well maintained. Another plus was the Jacuzzi, which I hit Sunday morning. It was a perfect temperature and a great way to end our overnight visit.

There were a couple of minor issues; the AC is apparently on a timer and comes on only if the room temperature changes, but it wasn't working consistently and things got stuffy in the room. Also, my GF woke me up at 3 AM to tell me there was a huge spider in the bathroom. When I went to investigate, it turned out that she understated the size of this spider, so I guess one of the things you might want to be aware of when you stay there is desert creatures. Still, I thought the overall experience was pleasant and I would stay there again, especially if I'm in Yucca Valley.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anson J

Reviewed 17 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed 13 October 2013

PROS:
- big room with a door on each side: one to the pool area, one by parking space to make load in/load out convenient
- good price
- nice staff
- right off the main highway and close to Pappy & Harriet's
- great heater (can't vauch for AC since it was October)
- nice pool and jacuzzi and your own chair and table and mini patio looking out onto the pool
- good free wifi (at least 5 networks to choose from)

CONS
- we didn't get a good sleep at all as there was a party in the room next door which started at 2am and continued until 5:15am. We called the front desk but it didn't stop the noise. Next time I will request a "garden room" if I actually want to sleep in my hotel room. This was almost a dealbreaker but I'd give this place another chance because there are lots of rooms to choose from and it seems some are definitely better than others when it comes to noise.
- threadbare towels and worn-out toilet seat
- faucets very hard to turn on/off
- thin walls
- didn't try the breakfast buffet but from other reviews sounds like we didn't miss much

Room Tip: Be really careful when choosing a room. I think this can be a party hotel and some rooms are better...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Pioneertown Motel
Pioneertown Motel
#1 of 1 in Pioneertown
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#3 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park

Address: 54850 29 Palms Hwy, Yucca Valley, CA 92284-2486 (Formerly Yucca Inn)
Region: United States > California > California Desert > Yucca Valley
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Yucca Valley
Price Range: £60 - £87 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park 3*
Newly Renovated Travelodge Inn & Suites. Travelodge Inn & Suites offers resort like accommodations. Onsite is the largest hotel pool in town, Free Wi-Fi, Continental Breakfast. Also on site is the Kimi Grill & Sushi Bar, a delicious favorite in town. At Travelodge Inn & Suites our new rooms are over-sized and are larger than normal hotel rooms, decorated with all the modern amenities. We also have new renovated enormous extended stay suites which are approximately 800 sq ft. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Yucca Valley Hotel Yucca Valley